62 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Suggestions That May Help Your Viewing Experience

Suggestions That May Help Your Viewing Experience

Here are a few suggestions that may help you with your viewing experience by being a temporary solution to your issues.

1. Try viewing the episode from the other server. From my own experiences, I've found that since the recent updates and or upgrades to the site that lately the US server is giving a few connection/timeout errors and so (until this has been addressed) switching to view the shows on the EU server has avoided them. But I've also heard that the opposite has been working for other viewers as well. So try testing which is currently the better server for you by viewing an episode of the available Free Shows on each server.

2. If you have not been launching the video in RealPlayer after the web version window has popped up I suggest you do so. When the video first launches go the RealPlayer logo on the bottom right hand corner and select to 'Play in RealPlayer' or 'Play in RealPlayer Theater Mode'. (This seems to usually to solve time out error messages.)

3. Pausing the video to allow buffering. If having done suggestion 2 and connection pauses occur I would suggest initially pausing the video after it first loads and taking a few minutes to allow it to buffer enough that you will be able to view the episode smoothly without any communication delays.

4. Skip to where you last left off. If you do still get a timeout issue you do not have to wait for the episode to play all the way through to view it. You can try to figure out/judge where you were and skip ahead by clicking on the tracker and dragging it to where you judge you've left off. This will skip up onto the point you leave the tracker and start buffering and loading the episode from there on. (Sort of a FF)

(Note that if you have launched the video to 'Play in RealPlayer' or 'Play in RealPlayer Theater Mode' you do not have to x-out the window if timeout or connection issues occur. You can just simply click the play button and it will start to load and then buffer the episode and simple use the steps noted in suggestion 4 to FF your way through the episode. I think this might even help avoid not going against your 30 click limit of viewing a show within a 24hr time frame.)
Personally, I find that a combination of these suggestions usually allows smooth viewing.

I hope these suggestions help you in your overall viewing experiences as they have done for mine, and I do apologize for your inconveniences. [ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-8-2008 13:08 ]
Recent Ratings
  • keigleigh Points +10 Yay good one jane 6-6-2007 13:25
  • xxjujuxx Points +4 Well done Jane 6-6-2007 12:44
  • lbjedward Points +15 6-5-2007 21:59
  • waterlilybarb Points +4 Excellent, nice work! 6-5-2007 20:49
  • dognxtdoor Points +5 Excellent 6-5-2007 19:50

-claps- Well Done! I believe you have put into words everything I do as well...
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply #1 janenjab's post

Have to agree with dog...well done, Jane! I've been doing this lately, though have not had a problem , so far, with US server....everything else, has it working like a dream.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #1 janenjab's post

Very helpful sugegstion in viewing video, thank you, janenjab.
We keep improving services for you.

Reply #6 podge's post

Podge please try to keep your chat friendly...disguising curses does not make them any more friendly. Thank you.

Reply #6 podge's post

Chill it mate. The site is provided by the Chinese! So you probably don't want to offend them!

Reply #1 janenjab's post

Nicely done. I just want to add to point #3 that there's a function in RealPlayer under Tools > Preference > General > Playback Settings > On-demand Internet Clips, there's a "Pause clip at start" option. If you check that, it will automatically pause the clip for you when after you hit 'Play in RealPlayer' or 'Play in RealPlayer Theater Mode'.

Reply #9 roca's post

Thanks for sharing that with us Roca
   It only takes a minute to change your life... | PAUSE |   

Reply #10 janenjab's post

Good one jane! Thx for your good effort !

wow. thanks!

In some cases the solutions to better viewing just doesnt work and the number of people having troubles on your site is actually growing since I registered. The only reason must be the fact that the succes of tv-video.net are bigger than expected and the servers cant live up to that. I think the problem will grow and the expansion to european servers will only be a temporary succes. Thats what happens when youre not ready for overwhelming succes. To the folks who still has problems viewing: Try Stage6 or Dailymotion

Try our VIP site instead... http://vip.tv-video.net

Reply #13 federex's post

We are really sorry for your inconvienence but there are already more then 10.000 member and not all of them have the same problem with viewing as you can see. It can happen that you have a temporary problem and we all know that not everything can be perfect. We all hope your issues will be resolved soon it's not always on the site's end that you may have some problems! If none of these tips or suggestions help for you but work for others well it might be a problem with something else, I'm not a pc expert but it could be on your end, maybe try to check that out!

Reply #13 federex's post

Federex, you have to keep one basic logic in mind as it is with most things of this nature, and that is growth. This site has been constantly growing over the last few months and as things are needed and feasibly within the sites reach the people behind the scenes take the steps necessary to make it happen. The site started off as the basic one you see on http://tv-video.net and has expanded into http://vip.tv-video.net due to generous donations. And recently within the scope of the VIP site itself there has been many changes and upgrades. Such as when they added the US server, then recently changes to the site and news of a European server being on its way. The services offered here comes from the bases of a free one. And with that the basic ground work of this site and everything that keeps it going is rooted in generous donations. This is not only of monetary value but of the value of people that have come together and volunteered time out of their busy schedules to help in whatever way they can. Currently we are experiencing one of these 'growth spurts', if you will, and what is needed in these times are patients and understanding. Those of us who have been with the site from the beginning and some even just for a while, and others that have yet just recently come to know can all testify to their appreciation and value of what this site has to offer. On a final note, for those of you whom I speak of, I'd just like to say thank you for your continuing support and Happy Viewing

I TRIED WATCHING DOCTOR WHO BUT A MESSAGE KEEPS POPPING " PARAMETERS SETTING ERROR! ACCESS DECLINE. THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN RECORDED BY THE SYSTEM." WHAT DOES IT MEANS???

Reply #15 charring's post

Can you be a bit more specific as to say which site are you trying to view the show on? And if you are using the VIP site which server along with the specific shows. Are all shows giving you this error? I've tried the shows myself with no problem so it might be something on your end. Try these suggestions for Troubleshooting by RealPlayer: RealPlayer Connection Troubleshooting Connection errors that occur on specific sites or that only occur once in a while are not usually a cause for concern. Occasional errors tend to occur when traffic is high on the Internet, the site hosting the files is down, or the site hosting the file has been moved. Connection errors that occur at all sites on a recurring basis indicate a problem with RealPlayer connection configuration or your Internet connection. To allow RealPlayer to connect, you may need to reconfigure RealPlayer or your security software. If you get one of these errors, it may mean that RealPlayer did not receive enough information to maintain a connection to the server, or that RealPlayer stopped receiving information from the server for an extended period and could not maintain the connection. The problem could be caused by excessive network traffic on the Internet, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), or a local area network (LAN) connection.
Solution 1: Determine if the problem is with the specific file.
To rule out a problem with the file itself, try playing sample files: 1. Open http://service.real.com/test/ in your Web browser. 2. Click the links that match your connection speed. Dial-up modem users should choose the 28K or 56K links. If the sample files play, then the problem may be with the specific Web site, or with the file you were trying to play. This may be a temporary problem of high traffic or technical difficulties. Try again later, or contact the Webmaster of the site to alert them to the problem.
Solution 2: Check RealPlayer’s online status setting.
RealPlayer detects online status by default. If this detection fails, RealPlayer may be incorrectly set to Work Offline mode. If you are using a network connection or have a cable modem or DSL connection, you can override this detection and force RealPlayer to assume you are online all the time. To change the online status of RealPlayer: 1. In RealPlayer on the Tools menu, click Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Click the Assume I am online option. 4. Click OK. 5. Restart RealPlayer.
Solution 3: Test your connection speed.
1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Click the Test Connection button, then the Perform Test button to determine your current connection speed. 4. Click the Update button to set your minimum bandwidth preference. 5. Click OK. 6. Try to play the clip again.
Solution 4: Increase the time-out settings, and try playing the clip again.
1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Under Network Time-out, increase the time-out settings by 10 seconds. 4. Click OK. 5. Try to play the clip again. 6. If you still have problems, increase the time-out settings by another 10 seconds and try again. Keep trying until the clip plays or it becomes obvious that increasing the time-out settings will not resolve this problem. Increasing this time also increases the time you wait for a time-out message to appear.
Solution 5: Play the clip when the network and Internet are less busy.
If you are unable to play the clip after trying these suggestions, try connecting to the clip at a different time.
Solution 6: Configure your personal firewall or security software to allow RealPlayer access to the Internet.
Firewalls must be configured to allow realplay.exe to have two-way access to the Internet before audio or video can be played. Consult the manufacturer of your firewall software if you are unsure how to grant this access.
Solution 7: Verify that your corporate firewall or proxy allows RealPlayer access to the Internet.
Corporate local area networks (LANs) or commercial Internet Service Providers (ISPs) often use a firewall or proxy to limit traffic and protect their users' computers from unauthorized access. If these ports are specifically restricted by your firewall, you will need to configure your Connection Preferences to use your firewall’s settings. By default, the RealPlayer uses the following ports to connect: - TCP 80, 554, 4040, 7070, 8080, 443 (SSL for sign-in), 1755 (MMS Windows Media requests) - UDP 6970-32,000, 1755 (MMS Windows Media resend requests) - HTTP 80 (AU, Messaging Service, and HTTP Cloaking) RealPlayer configurations will override these defaults. Contact your network administrator for further assistance.
Solution 8: Contact your ISP or network administrator for assistance.
If you are still unable to connect, the problem may be with your computer network settings. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or network administrator for the information you need to regain connection.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Adapted From: http://service.real.com/realplayer/streamhelp/

ty so much for your suggestions

Reply #1 janenjab's post

wow, thanks, Im learning alot.
Recent Ratings
  • magic4u Points +4 starting bonus 7-18-2007 04:06

Reply #18 casualtiesofbor's post

No problem we are here to help and if you have any questions feel free to ask we have a Q&A thread that you can find in the VIP Channel Board. Welcome to the forum!

It probably means that the server is down or the sites parameter has an error. hope that helps. or u can also try to talk to the moderators.

62 1234
Thread