Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I just loved Bailey in this episode. Priceless to see the look on her face and then her talk. Callie and Hahn were so funny too- what a date. But I like the way they are dealing with it.

Mer/Der, it wasn't SO bad this week but seriously, when will she ever rid herself of Mommy's ghost???? (Oh and for the record- I liked McDreamy in his almost nude scene! ) But it was weird that Derek left Joe's without talking to her. It was good how he handled the Izzie/Alex thing.

Lexie.... dear me she is turning into a second whiney needy Meredith. "George, pick me, choose me". That sort of thing. It was obvious he wanted to let his friends know. Him failing was so weird cause they all moved on only he could not . I wonder how it will work out with Lexie now- it is so clear that she feels way more for George and her sad puppy face...... ts. We're heading towards serious drama here I think.

But George- I LOVED him in this episode, he has a way with kids and to end up in the wrong OR, that is SO George! LOL No wonder the kid found the other one boring after that one! LOL

All in all, a really good episode. I enjoyed it a lot. Very funny moments, Izzie and Alex seem to get along better again.... oh and the dermatology sign on the trailer- that was awesome. But seriously- if we all thought that Private Practice was medical La-La-Land- this dermatology department takes the cake. Christina would go insane after a day in there.
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +3 That's a good review 10-17-2008 08:36

I think the army surgeon will be back in episode six.

I think the show gets its groove back! Seriously, I like the season a LOT so far. Gifting kidneys in more than one sense (how does it glow in the dark?).
I can see how Mer is disappointed about the getting credit stuff- I guess Christina was in the same situation when Burke got that award a while back. But on the other hand- she IS lower in rank and expertise than Derek is so I guess it is the way things are. I wonder if she'd have been so upset if the study had been with a different colleague- you know, one she did not have a relationship with. I think that is what Bailey meant when she said the situation is messy. Work and relationship rarely mix well. In my field of work relationships between colleagues can mess things up too and so I can imagine that situation.
I was quite amazed that instead of doing a pity party Meredith like "pick me, choose me" plea to George she was more grown up about it than I expected- I guess she is even more mad at herself than at George for hoping and caring so much. I mean we all saw for a while that he was quite oblivious.
Now, Izzie and Alex? Yay for her. It was a very Izzie thing to do and to see her stick to Alex through all his behaviour- I think that must be odd for him because I think when he grew up it was not easy for him and he probably did not have someone like her. I'd like to see Alex get over his issues as I still think he's a really good guy that just had rotten luck so far.
Bailey, quite a thing she pulled off with the domino surgery and it was a very Bailey thing to do when she talked to that woman. Seriously- once you see the ones you're going to help-wouldn't one feel guilty leetting all the other people down? Her husband, I could understand. But the others? Not so much. So it was good that Bailey made the point and took her to see the woman she did help. I wonder how many such surgeries do happen in real life? It is all very risky to have just one drop out.
Speaking about dropping- that splat when the kidney hit the floor- oh my. Poor Meredith. That is exactly why I'd make a rotten surgeon.
Which leads to the bar scene at the end and I almost missed the scene when the new Doc (what kind of Mc is he anyway? McArmy Doc?) walked in. THe look on Christina's face....... She's clearly interested. Good for her. She'd kill those poor defenceless interns.
I thought it was pretty mean how they treated the interns though. I mean yeah, they still have a lot to learn but I'd ask if they are great teachers if they behave that way. George on the other hand needs to be a bit more strict.
Good music this time too. I really enjoyed the episode- it had a good mix of serious issues, funny bits (The Sloane Method...... and he actually liked it when Callie said that!!!!!!!) and a nice bit of kidney going splat on the OR floor.
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Treasure +3 yet again, nice review! thanks! 10-24-2008 14:11

Reply 77#77 studiojek's post

I think this really IS uncharted territory for her and I think it is tricky because all her life she probably only fell in love with men and now there is Erica and it is all weird......... time really will tell- so far they're holding up ok. Last week Bailey's look, this week the look on Mark's face..... it makes for a good storyline.

and come to think of it- a killer storyline: Callie discovers she's having a baby, Mark is the dad and Erica wants to be Mom #2. Oh my. I wonder if they also thought about that.

Reply 80#80 themegababe's post

I think a factor that played heavily into Mer's disappointment wasn't that he did not thank her- it was her own expectations fuelled by reading her mother's diary. She is so desperately trying to fill her mother's shoes that I think she constantly keeps comparing herself to her mother and of course the diary had to make her think. There already IS a Grey method her mother invented. Now there's the Shepherd method. But where is her place. It is hard because she of course has a lot to learn and she is only a second year. And while she is on the same level as Derek in the relationship- once they are at SGH things are different and he is so much more experienced. How many years is he older anyway? I guess about 10-15, right? Can't be easy for him either to finally get the woman he loves and in order to live with her he has to do the "students share a house together" thing all over again when I think he'd rather build that house on the hill and live there with only Meredith and maybe kids. In the hospital he's their superior and now they knock on his door when he only has one cushion very strategically placed. I doubt you should see your boss that way.

Reply 84#84 bala's post

Maybe she'll need another lesson or two- or runs to him after a fight with Erica. It is not impossible. Should I send Shonda and Betsy an email? ;-)

Reply 85#85 studiojek's post

She's nowhere near being done with therapy I think. Finding the diaries alone has offset her again and I think this is exactly what the writers meant when they said MerDer will be together but the problems are not over with. I think just being in a more or less normal relationship is hard enough for Meredith with abandonment issues and all that "be extraordinary" stuff from her mother. Seriously, that SHG shrink? She could fill her entire day not seeing any patients- just the doctors!

Reply 88#88 studiojek's post

LOL, if only the fans could direct and script an episode per season. LOL Or they could have a poll! ;-)

As for the shrink- yes, Meredith would be a lifelong project.

Reply 90#90 bala's post

If Mer was her only patient she'd go crazy herself in no time at all.

Reply 91#91 bala's post

That is going to be very, very interesting. Bring on the gore!!!!!!

Ok, in the last episode when Callie ran to Sloane for some tutoring.... I already thought she was not really sure about the whole thing. This episode... when Erica was so passionate, opened up SO much- it was moving. But the look on Callies face- she was ready to flee! And that she did- to Sloane. I must say, he may be a man whore but what he told her, about confronting Erica with the fact she slept with Mark? That was a good thing to say and it was also the right thing- even though teh look on Erica's face.... that "OK" we heard- I think she is so not ok with it but I also think that Callie is very confused.
(as an aside- now we have everything set up for a potential pregnancy, she did want a child with George, just saying)
Mer/Der- Anatomy Jane was interesting, liked the twist and I did like how Bailey gave her credit and also how Mer confronted the Chief. But remember all the fuss and disturbance over finding one diary of her mother? A whole new box turns up and I think Dereks face already gave away that he expects a whole lotta new drama.
At first I thought that Bailey's emotional reaction and attachment (knowing the name of all the family members and all that) wasn't "being the chief" at all. I thought it was too emotional. But then when that father paged the chief to tell him to care? I think the Chief in a way got the answer he was looking for- how to change something about SGH. He seemed so lost and puzzled the last couple of episodes. And he is facing the reality that he too is partly to blame for how screwed up the situation with Mer's mother was and for Mer to be the reminder of his failure- well, in a way, yes, I think he gets some credit for screwing up Mer's life after all.
Izzie and Alex- wow. It was sweet and I like them together. It was also interesting to watch Alex around the new doc. His look of appreciation.... this is a doctor who serves as a good role model for Alex.
And the new doc/Christina. Well. Classic Christina to run as quickly as she could and then use Lexie as a human shield. Only to be coaxed to jump to the front line. I was glad that no real animals were used in the MAKING of the episode. But nevertheless it was       a powerful nudge to ponder the use of animals in medicine in real life. It really made me think. And I did expect Izzie, doe surgeon, to walk out. I liked the way the new doc reasoned with her. It was an interesting juxtaposition to show the fight for the life of the little girl and the fight for the lives of the pigs. One thing is true- Christina learnt just as much, if not more, working with the pigs than working in the OR on that other surgery. She whacked chicken apart and sewed them back together but yet.... as strong as she always seems to be- seeing her struggle with the reality that she had to put the pigs out of their misery? She's not superwoman. She's human.
The new doc was interesting- his interaction with the pretty boys of SGH.... his pushing Karev, his way of not reckognizing Chrstina and the way he revealed why that was? It definitely made this episode into a really good one. Food for thought, intense moments, joys, fears- all in all I found it to be a pretty emotional episode. Erica's revelation, the new doc explaining why he lives a new life, Christina's reaction to the pigs, the chief admitting to failure....
And with the promo for next week and Izzie having to face the Denny thing all over again? I have a feeling that this season is already better than the last one. It may not be the best season of all since the early ones are hard to beat. But I believe that yes, it is better than the previous one.
I wonder what Alex will feel like when she goes through the Denny thing again. The moment when he carried her out in that ball gown- it is going to come all back and I wonder what it will do to their new relationship.

When new doc stabbed the pigs- wow. I really flinched even though I KNEW they were not real. And yes, her human side is definitely showing at the moment- and I really like it. Sandra Oh can really put a lot into the way she looks and portrays the character. It was really interesting to watch.

here are some promos for the next episode- some of the new faces shown: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/ ... meet_new_blood.html

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 11-13-2008 18:03  
yep i just hope the actress isn't more annoying than Ellen
I'm with Christina and Derek- I hate her already.

True- part of my problem is that I remember her past characters and that does not help any. New doc on the other hand, interesting. At work there are some students with aspergers and it is interesting to see a doc at SGH too. Will be interesting to see how they portray her.

Well. I just watched the episode and I am a bit confused. This is just weird. What is wrong with Izzie? You know that brain tumor rumors making the rounds a few months back? What if that is what is happening? I know those rumors were denied but there has to be some reason or explanation and if she had a tumor that made her see him and even make her nerves believe she touches him? It would fit.
Then I am rather baffled how Erica could virtually disappear overnight from the show- seems like the characters are as startled by this as we all are. Hm. It makes this abruptness even more strange. It was a sad case she worked that day- not everything can be mended by orthopedics after all. But I liked the way they gave her the room to grieve.
But I have to say, the new doc is scary. The look he had in his eyes- scary. I guess it got even too much for Christina. She herself has had to deal with so many emotions lately I think she cannot take on his ghosts as well.
Sadie....... told you. Hate at first sight. WHen she cut herself? Ouch. Is she really going to stay for good?
Highlight of the show- Little Sloane and Little Grey. Priceless. That Derek used the exact same words? HILARIOUS!

I think she worked for a while before starting her intern year.

Reply 128#128 kwargalla's post

;-) I want to see proof! LOL Seriously- I want more eye candy on the show .

Reply 133#133 kwargalla's post

Yup- we had derek with the pillow, can I get mark without any towels or pillows please????? Not Sadie in a bra, please!

Thread