Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 156#156 bala's post

I know. I really can't wait to see what happens in the next episode. But I like that they renewed it. I just don't know if it would be the same if they write Derek out. I also wonder how they are going to go further from here.
I can't imagine that they keep all of the chars in Seattle when they have such great options. But then it's no longer the same. So I'm very excited about next episode to see if it lifts a corner of the veil as to next season. And I'm just hoping that they don't do a time leap cause I hate those.

Reply 157#157 kellemanske's post

Good news both actor have renewed their contact for season 9
Quote:
Great news, Mer-Der fans! After some dicey negotiations, Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey have signed on to return to "Grey's Anatomy" after this season's harrowing, balls-to-the-wall finale.

Creator Shonda Rhimes had to write a finale that could potentially facilitate the exits of some key characters, as negotiations had not been finalized in time for production. Luckily, most of our favorites have been confirmed to return. In addition to Pompeo and Dempsey, we can expect to see fan favorites Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers, James Pickens, Jr. and Chandra Wilson returning.

All of the cast members have re-signed for two more seasons, at the end of which they'll have another renegotiation, should the show live on past Season 10.

And yes, fans, though ABC has yet to formally announce their pickup of Season 9 -- their big Upfront presentation is next week in New York -- this definitely secures "Grey's" a place on their fall schedule.
I don't have a source but here what posted on another forum.

Reply 158#158 bala's post

I'm glad about that
This means that there might still be a happy ending for Grey
On the plane: Yang Grey Derek Arizona Mark Bailey Lexi
Off the plane: Owen Alex Avery Kepner Callie Teddy Webber
I wonder who is going to die then, would it be Arizona (which would make Alex feel so guilty since he was supposed to be on the plane) or Callie or Teddy (but then the twist would be that they're not on the plane) or Lexi, but that would make it easy for Mark to make a decision, but I don't think it's going to be here since she's the only one who's definitely staying. At the moment I would prefer Kepner cause I don't really like her. And ofcourse we have Avery, but I think he's enough of a fan favourite that he might be save.
Hell, maybe it's just the friend of Arizona they are talking about, or maybe it's Zola?

I found the same as you did on this site: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/05 ... or-season-9-and-10/ although I don't know how reliable that is. It also says that all of the others still have running contracts for next season

Hi there, long time no see, but I am back in the forum! Anyway, I haven't really kept up with each and every episode of GA this season but my guess who dies in the finale has got to be Arizona. Or maybe not, so far I always guessed wrongly for previous finales....

Reply 160#160 Teachergirl's post

Hey you! I reckon it's Arizona too. Especially since she did the whole "Don't ever leave me" to Callie thing!

Reply 161#161 shinny's post

Well,  it would make sense and it would affect quite a frew of the characters. Cannot see it for Lexie or any others rumored to die like Adele. Before the news of the renewal I thought it could be the Chief though.

Flight

I cried hard.  What a great finale.  It's going to put a new spin on all the careers with the many injuries.   So sad tho.  .  Know why she leaves though.  (has kids)
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Guessed wrong once again. This is so sad for the show though. I kept hoping she and Mark could have another chance. But then she didn't really have any big storylines... And so many still so badly injured.... Uh oh. Sad for Mer as she lost another family member....

Reply 164#164 Teachergirl's post

She really didn't have any storylines.  She kinda just faded away except to say that she loves mark and he nees to love her back and then BAM his GF shows up.  

Didn't the actress just have another baby?  I imagine she wanted to be home with the kids.

I'm quite happy teddy is gone.  She was annoying and that firing scene was great!

Well what a season finale and what an episode I agree with everyone i wasn't sad to see Lexie go but Mark was very close call and Derek wanting to save his hand was predictable but he really look like he was in pain. So how will they get rescued since no-one knows where they are .

Hmm, I have to say that I was very underwhelmed with it as a Season Finale. It did not grip me at all, almost didn't care that Lexie died and I was flicking through Facebook, here and other places whilst watching it. It was very Meh for me.

Reply 167#167 shinny's post

I think it's because this show has becoming too long running that you just don't care anymore

I hate to point out but in Aviation every plane in the air has to have a flight plan.  So the odds of someone figuring out the plane hasn't checked in with any tower and didn't reach it's destination will be notice and a Search & Rescue will be put out.  NTSB (the national transportation and saftey board) and FAA will be looking.   I couldn't grasp that the flare gun was empty!!     Apparently! the pilot sucks and didn't do his safety checks before flight.  WHATEVER!  Unreal....annoying.

Reply 169#169 arksongbird80's post

Yes your right but didn't you see search rescue looking for them but because flare gun malfuction they couldn't find them because trees cover them

Reply 168#168 bala's post

how can you say too long running  ! loads of shows gone on for years its down to story lines and crap writeing . i thought as a finale it was good it left things open and shut doors  roll on next season
The Mod Police Are Watching You

Reply 170#170 bala's post

excellent point!  Over the night they need to make fire.  Use something OTHER than a match.  Heck people, if cavemen could do it then so should they!.......wuss'

Reply 172#172 arksongbird80's post

Well let see how they found in season 9

8x21 Moment of Truth

What a time for Meredith to get stomach flu when the residents head to San Francisco for their oral exam and nothing new with Owen and Teddy get into a heated argument about their young car crash patient but Kepner getting into a bar fight was amusing but loosing her virginity with Jackson was a surprise, Tommy's health failing was sad and Alex risking his exam to be there was predictable

8x22 Let the Bad Times Roll

You have be impressed with Meredith for continuing after vomiting and what a day April was having but I thought sweating like a pig and then telling about the sex in the toilet was amusing

8x23 Migration

You have to feel sorry for April getting all those rejection calls but Cristina answering a couple of them was amusing and what a way for Bailey to spoil the proposal, Alex being offered what he wants from the both of them after being late for his first exam was great and what was going to happen to Arizona's childhood friend, Nick was sad

Thread