Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 140#140 studiojek's post

thanks clear that up

Though it's nice to see Denny back, his return does not make any sense at all! I'm going with the Izzie-having-a-brain-tumor storyline. What other rational explanation is there?

I don't like "Die." Is it just me but does the actress occasionally lose her accent and then suddenly have it again? And she's definitely bringing the whole interns-experimenting-on-each-other thing too far. It's one thing to put needles into one another (which is dangerous enough), it's another to cut yourself open. *shudders*
Taking out the guy's appendix next week? That is just crazy!

Cristina and Owen! Haha, I'm actually rooting for these two.

Erica's leave is just...I'm sorry, ridiculous. It makes the character seem kind of pathetic -- oh she can't handle an argument with Callie, so she leaves her job.

Littl-- I mean, Big Sloan and Little Grey. Hahaha. Meredith's code language with Cristina is rubbing off on Derek and Sloan.

Reply 142#142 funny-girl101's post

LOL it's true, Sloane and Derek have become the male versions of Christina and Mer!

I agree that Erica's leaving was handled poorly. The studio keeps claiming that her character just wasn't working well with Callie, but seriously, if that were the case they would have resolved it better - instead it seemed like they were in a real rush to end this storyline, and asap.

I noticed the accent problem with "Die" too, and found it annoying - but that's because I found her whole character got on my nerves!

Oh, and as for Izzie - someone mentioned to me (this is unfounded, was just her opinion but it's interesting) - that maybe they're trying to make her character schizophrenic?

Yeah it seemed way to abrupt for Erica to leave too. But, Shonda said it was so that we could really see Callie, and she was amazing in this episode.  

And yeah I don't like Die. That's weird.

Izzie izzie izzie. It's nice to see her actually getting along with Alex, and him actually caring. But weird that Denny keeps showing up. Yeah, I think either schizo or brain tumor could explain it.  I just wish he would go away, as much as i love Denny!

And shinny, we totally called Sloane / Lexie. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

And McArmy totally needs counseling for his post traumatic stress disorder. He scares me!

who's die?

Reply 145#145 bala's post

"Die" is Sadie. Her and Mer's nicknames and "Die" and "Death," we dont' know why yet though.

Reply 145#145 bala's post

Bala where you asleep during that episode? lol (I'm just teasing)

Reply 147#147 shinny's post

yeah kind of i was playing a game while watch the episode

Reply 143#143 studiojek's post

Actually schizophrenia would explain that type of hallucination better than a tumor would.  Also with a tumor hallucination would be a later symptom not an initial symptom.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/ ... s_interns_gone.html

Interesting clips. The last one with Izzy..... the schizophrenia idea sounds plausible to me.

Reply 150#150 Teachergirl's post

yes it going be interesting episode

Stupid interns -these are suppose mature adults and they do something like this , I'm glad chief gave constructive criticism to Meredith and christina saying that one time they would of  kept quiet but asked for help   . it cute that resident expected bailey give them a rant

Ah, creepy episode for some many reason! What is going on with Izzy? And she knows she's 'going crazy,' can't she look at a medical book and see what it might be?

Those interns were STUPID, and I can't believe that they only got probation. Sadie almost died -- not that getting her off the show would've been all that bad, I really just don't like her.

It's sweet that Derek brought him his 'stray,' Lexie.

The scenes with Mark and both Callie and then with the little girl were nice, we're getting to see a much more sensitive side to him.

Reply 153#153 studiojek's post

yeah I'm really surprised at mark he can be sweet when he wants to be but seriously interns really need take responsibility i think something is wrong with Sadie, it's clear she either depressed or suicidal since she seem not be scared of death and she is going be a problem for death . just when you think there not any more  emotional drama for her along comes Sadie.

one thing that I'm happy about George finding out lexie like him now the ball is in his court let see what he's going to do.

BTW next week there will no episode it's a repeat back Grey's next episode in first week December.

Awww, that Sloan scene with the little girl was really cute. Didn't expect that from him. But then again, he did want kids with Addison.

Sadie! Cutting herself open! Ah! Those interns are crazy.

No comment on the Izzie parts of the episode. Okay, I lied, I do have a few words to say. WHAT? Seriously, WHAT? That's all. Schrizophrenia does seem like a more plausible storyline, though. And Alex's soft/caring side...awww.

I was a good ep. Izzy seems a little weird. Now for the rest....

The interns are crazy if they should have gone to the chief a long time ago and It was nice that Merideth stood up to Yang. Yang thinks she can run over everyone and they will let her.

Alex and the softer side is also a nice to see. He is becoming more or a people person and that is good.

Geroge seems to be coming forward also. Now lets see if he opens his eyes and sees what is in front of him with (Cant remember her name!! See face but no name )

Slone and his soft side was also nice. It is nice to see that he does have a heart and can show it sometimes.

Reply 156#156 carlorica's post

Her name is lexie

It seems like GA can only go for so long without going crazy.  Just when the show seemed to be getting back into a groove of solid stories they decide to complicate everything.  This show is at its best when it is about young interns and residents learning to become surgeons.  That is what the idea of the show was but they always seem to want to complicate things unnecessarily.  A story arc for 5 episodes (according to the reports) with a dead guy.  SERIOUSLY?......SERIOUSLY!  They just let things spin out of control and then there are no consequences.  Steal a heart, cut an LVAD wire, probation.  Operate on someone illegally and nearly kill one of your fellow interns, get a jolly stern speech.  I also wonder why, with such a large cast, they always seem to need to add more characters.  There isn't enough to write about with the current cast that they had to add Saddie and Owen.  They just don't know when enough is enough.  IMHO season 2 was the best.  Great stories, great characters and there was more emphasis on the weekly cases all served up with the GA quirkiness but before it all went crazy (like this post)

Reply 158#158 cshapiro's post

i completely agree with you

http://www.greysanatomyinsider.c ... neak-previews/#more
No episode this week........ still trying to make sense of the Denny storyline. I do not like it. I SO do not like it. Hahn disappearing too quickly, Sadie appearing (why!??????!?!?!) and Izzie going bonkers? The only thing I really liked about the Izzie Denny thing? That look on Mer's face when she heard the sex sounds, saw Alex, did a mental check adn yelled "DEREK!?!?".

Thread