Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 4

i liked this episode so much better than last week as it was interesting, Callie and Han date was funny it provided light hearted humour and look on Bailey face was priceless when Callie told her about Han, the demonology department was nice seeing everyone getting and be nice.

i'm so glad George passed but Lexie finding out he rather spend time with his old friend and her must be hard-i wonder how long keep it a secret because it bound to come out in the future.   Speaking George he was so fantastic with that kid.

I just loved Bailey in this episode. Priceless to see the look on her face and then her talk. Callie and Hahn were so funny too- what a date. But I like the way they are dealing with it.

Mer/Der, it wasn't SO bad this week but seriously, when will she ever rid herself of Mommy's ghost???? (Oh and for the record- I liked McDreamy in his almost nude scene! ) But it was weird that Derek left Joe's without talking to her. It was good how he handled the Izzie/Alex thing.

Lexie.... dear me she is turning into a second whiney needy Meredith. "George, pick me, choose me". That sort of thing. It was obvious he wanted to let his friends know. Him failing was so weird cause they all moved on only he could not . I wonder how it will work out with Lexie now- it is so clear that she feels way more for George and her sad puppy face...... ts. We're heading towards serious drama here I think.

But George- I LOVED him in this episode, he has a way with kids and to end up in the wrong OR, that is SO George! LOL No wonder the kid found the other one boring after that one! LOL

All in all, a really good episode. I enjoyed it a lot. Very funny moments, Izzie and Alex seem to get along better again.... oh and the dermatology sign on the trailer- that was awesome. But seriously- if we all thought that Private Practice was medical La-La-Land- this dermatology department takes the cake. Christina would go insane after a day in there.
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +3 That's a good review 10-17-2008 08:36

I also really liked this episode - made me a Grey's believer once again, just when I was losing hope =)

I was soooo mad at Alex in this episode, till the end of course, just like Izzy! I hope he can grow up and admit how much he needs Izzy.

Reply 63#63 studiojek's post

you really don't understand guys do you

This episode was one of the better ones Grey's has aired recently.

Bailey...priceless!  Her face when Callie first told her about Hahn, then the whole Africa analogy that she threw out there.  I was dying on the inside it was hilarious!

I'm glad George passed!  For a second after he read the letter I though he was going to kiss Lexie, but of course George is just one of those guys oblivious to the fact that Lexie is pratically throwing herself at him!  It is getting kind of annoying!  She is starting to remind me of the old George back when he was obsessed with Meredith

Teachergirl, I'm with you on that almost naked McDreamy scene!  But I have to imagine it must be weird for him to live with Meredith and her roommates.  Mer/Der did take a step forward though with Meredith giving Derek her mother's old den as his work place.  That's something the old Mer would never have done.  And the derm trailor Christina would never have really been able to last in derm though!  She's way too cut throat!

George was great with that little boy!  And ending up in the wrong OR with the guy with half his face missing was great!  The boy's reaction was not at all what I expected but it definately made me laugh!

Quote:
The boy's reaction was not at all what I expected but it definately made me laugh!
That's the thing with boys we like this kind of stuff

I agree with all of the comments above. This was the best episode of Season 4 so far. It had a lot of the old chemistry.

I'm glad George passed too and I think it was only natural that he wanted to let the others know: he studied with them all along. I think Lexie's reaction was a little self indulgent to be honest.

Hahn and Callie hilarious !! They are just so funny, but clearly it's something huge for both of them. Bailey was brilliant in that whole scene !

Ah the scene with the boy and George going to the wrong theatre was so funny. I think George has made that little boy want to be a doctor !

Bala, you are hilarious, it's not a given that men like blood, guts etc just because they are men !! How do I know that? Ask the many men who pass out when their wives are giving birth

Personally I love it

5x05 "There's no I in Team" Sneak Peak

Reply 67#67 shinny's post

That's different you can't walk away from your own child

i don't want to get into a discussion about female antonmy

haha You guys are so funny. Sorry I haven't been around, I just got caught up last night (I started grad school a few months back and we no longer have cable / tivo, so watching shows has been few & far between).  anyways,  I think it's definitely better than last season. But what happened to the army surgeon? I thought he was going to be a regular?  I am ready to see him back!  And I think Mark has a thing for Lexie. I wonder how that would play out. Seeing as she is the sweet and innocent thing! haha

I think the army surgeon will be back in episode six.

Episode 5

Wow this is greys at it best i can't believe drama-dropping a kidney on the floor

I think the show gets its groove back! Seriously, I like the season a LOT so far. Gifting kidneys in more than one sense (how does it glow in the dark?).
I can see how Mer is disappointed about the getting credit stuff- I guess Christina was in the same situation when Burke got that award a while back. But on the other hand- she IS lower in rank and expertise than Derek is so I guess it is the way things are. I wonder if she'd have been so upset if the study had been with a different colleague- you know, one she did not have a relationship with. I think that is what Bailey meant when she said the situation is messy. Work and relationship rarely mix well. In my field of work relationships between colleagues can mess things up too and so I can imagine that situation.
I was quite amazed that instead of doing a pity party Meredith like "pick me, choose me" plea to George she was more grown up about it than I expected- I guess she is even more mad at herself than at George for hoping and caring so much. I mean we all saw for a while that he was quite oblivious.
Now, Izzie and Alex? Yay for her. It was a very Izzie thing to do and to see her stick to Alex through all his behaviour- I think that must be odd for him because I think when he grew up it was not easy for him and he probably did not have someone like her. I'd like to see Alex get over his issues as I still think he's a really good guy that just had rotten luck so far.
Bailey, quite a thing she pulled off with the domino surgery and it was a very Bailey thing to do when she talked to that woman. Seriously- once you see the ones you're going to help-wouldn't one feel guilty leetting all the other people down? Her husband, I could understand. But the others? Not so much. So it was good that Bailey made the point and took her to see the woman she did help. I wonder how many such surgeries do happen in real life? It is all very risky to have just one drop out.
Speaking about dropping- that splat when the kidney hit the floor- oh my. Poor Meredith. That is exactly why I'd make a rotten surgeon.
Which leads to the bar scene at the end and I almost missed the scene when the new Doc (what kind of Mc is he anyway? McArmy Doc?) walked in. THe look on Christina's face....... She's clearly interested. Good for her. She'd kill those poor defenceless interns.
I thought it was pretty mean how they treated the interns though. I mean yeah, they still have a lot to learn but I'd ask if they are great teachers if they behave that way. George on the other hand needs to be a bit more strict.
Good music this time too. I really enjoyed the episode- it had a good mix of serious issues, funny bits (The Sloane Method...... and he actually liked it when Callie said that!!!!!!!) and a nice bit of kidney going splat on the OR floor.
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Treasure +3 yet again, nice review! thanks! 10-24-2008 14:11

Reply 73#73 Teachergirl's post

Wow great comment i think it premature say it got it's groove back because this was only 1 good episode, so far this season has been disappointing one good episode doesn't replace past few episodes.

I have my fingers crossed that it's got it's groove back - last episode was good too.

I was happy that Mer and Der didn't end up arguing endlessly about the award - I loved his make-up present too!

I'm very curious to see where Christina and Army Guy might end up! I'm actually also curious about Callie and Hahn - I don't know, but if Callie needed to hook up with Mark as, ehem, an anatomy lesson, I'm not sure she should be in the relationship with Hahn.

Reply 75#75 studiojek's post

I thought that was interesting, (I'm actually also curious about Callie and Hahn - I don't know, but if Callie needed to hook up with Mark as, ehem, an anatomy lesson), The look on his face when she said it was priceless.

Reply 76#76 bala's post

Yeah, but didn't she seem much more comfortable/interested in Mark than Hahn? I guess time will tell!

Reply 77#77 studiojek's post

yeah she treat him like guy friend

Reply 73#73 Teachergirl's post

about the kidney glowing in the dark... i don't know how it does it, but i've seen it before and it's pretty cool!

I'm looking forward to the next episode to see what happens between Christina and the Army Doc (who already has a Mc name by the way because the actors name is McKidd, but i'm curious to see what the show dubs him lol)

I have to agree, I thought it was an excellent episode!  Such an intense surgery!

I also liked the last 30 seconds, with Christina seeing McArmy.  Wow.  I'm ready to see more of that going on.

And I think Meredith at least wanted thanks, like Bailey said. And he didn't even do that, it was just like, oh look at how cool I am with my article.  I doubt she wanted the method named after her. But... if she marries him, then it will be hers too! haha

All in all, great episode.  Loved the scene with the interns standing in line and then when they tried to trade them around. haha

Thread