117 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, the second I saw the dream sequence unfurling I just knew it could not be real. I think it is going to be really interesting to see how Mer will handle this relationship now that it finally went ahead one step.
As for Izzie- well, I really loved her but at the moment? Not really. I was hoping she and Alex could eventually get together but the way she is right now? Not really likely.
I'm glad it is back though. I missed them all.

well, at least we got a double episode. It was the first time they started back with a double one, right? I just started rewatching the last season and that was just a normal episode, right?

I know but did they ever start with a double one?

Well, I just rewatched the episodes and I must say I could not place Rose's reactions at all. You do not make this kind of fun and then the scalpel thing? Good thing she left.
But the chief's speech.... wow. Is it probably the fallout of Burke leaving and Addison leaving too? They did get Hahn but I think she was at Mercy Wst before which I believe was never as big.
And Yang's new love interest.... well. She sure is interested. The staple gun? Ouch. Then........ the icicle impaling thing....... ouch again. But it is a wonder the sparks between the two were not enough to melt the icicle.

Well, what Rose did, if she really did it intentionally- I think that would get her fired. Of course she could always claim she did not do it intentionally but really- if other people, especially patients are involved, the personal drama...... Actually, I think if I was to have surgery, I'd hope my doctors are not having their personal feuds going on while I was under their knives.
I think the CHief had a good point to make the speech. The way Hahn treated Christina..... not good. That IS  shoddy teaching. So there will be some changes ahead and as the producers said on their website- a lot of info on what is going to happen in season 5 was shown in bits of the premiere. So I think some might have to quit their jobs. In a way I wonder if it might mean McSteamy.
Quote:
Originally posted by Teachergirl at 9-27-2008 13:28  
Well, I just rewatched the episodes and I must say I could not place Rose's reactions at all. You do not make this kind of fun and then the scalpel thing? Good thing she left.
But the chief's speech. ...

Quote:
Originally posted by funny-girl101 at 9-27-2008 21:14  
I felt like strangling Meredith during this episode. The going back and forth thing about her and Derek was getting really old. I'm glad that in the end she made up her mind though.

Could an icicle  ...
Yes, I think if an icicle has a sharp and thin point and falls down from some height it could do this. She was only wearing scrubs and a shirt- so if she had been dressed in a coat or so it might not have been that bad. Scary, eh?
As for Izzie and Alex, I think they'd be good for each other- but they will need some time to figure that one out.... Maybe by the end of this season.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

I think Derek can see that Mer is trying- it can't be easy for her, she is trying to be a normal person in a normal relationship but we know she has a hard time at that. I was surprised that she even had the courage to constrct that house and commit to the relationship.

I know- but for her it was quite a step to even consider the idea. I still wonder how she is going to deal with moving in with Derek. And it was interesting what she said about kids and all- she is trying hard in her career and there is currently not one sane couple at Seattle Grace that has kids- Bailey's failed and the Chief had a hard time........ If she wants a career too it is going to be a tough one.

Reply 25#25 carlorica's post

I think it is not that she has doubts- I think it is more that she is afraid that she could lose him. She was only five when she lost her dad and I guess she never really got over that one- plus finding her mother after her suicide attempt- she has abandonment issues and now they are in a relationship she could be afraid of losing him again. Facing her biggest fear so to speak. But it is a good thing that she is not afraid of the relationship but of losing him! I'd call taht one a good sign- for Meredith at least.

Reply 26#26 imarielle626's post

It was sad with the denny scene- she did care for him a lot and I guess she was upset that it did not work out between her and Alex again. I think he is afraid of starting something with Izzie. Look what happened with Ava/Rebecca. It was very painful for him and somehow he still believes he's a bad guy who does not deserve to be happy. A bit like Meredith now thinking Derek is going to die. It is the old patterns they fall into. Losing people, being a player, clinging to a relationship with a dying man..... and there's Christina, on her own, eating cereal. Old patterns. And in a way they all try to move on so it will be interesting what the reality will bring to light in the next season.

Quote:
Originally posted by shinny at 9-30-2008 17:30  
I just got a chance to watch the two episodes. I have to say that overall I'm a little dissapointed !

George and Lexie, I am so against this. Here we go again, arrrgghh. I wish they could just leave  ...
Same here, why can't they give poor George a break? He's been in and out of the weirdest relationships right from the start. He needs time to really find himself........

It was sure more centered around the relationships and the general running of the hospital this week but a good episode.
Poor Chief- just when we thought he was ready to delegate and withdraw a bit- he has this job of trying to figure out what went wrong at Seattle Grace and what he can do to change things again. And he's trying hard- but in a way he is overreacting- thus causing the flood.
As for Meredith- if Yang hadn't gone to her shrink to ask her to start therapy again- I'd have. Seriously, she needs to grow up. Is she really thinking Derek will move into the student housing thing? She's a grown up not a student anymore so of course it only means her and Derek- ok it was probably not wise for him to move ahead and measure Izzy's room like that. But no wonder he's taking the initiative- he's the adult. So yes, Mer is getting a bit on my nerves- we've followed her doubts and flaws and all the drama for years now- she finally has McDreamy and she'd rather share the house with colleagues? Seriously????
As for Yang- I like her so much better this season.

I was so fed up by the end of last season, I'd have been fine with just any outcome just to stop her from whining. Now she has it all and still she's got that look on her face. Sigh. I never really really liked her- she was always so needy and weird.

Or at least make other storylines more prominent. I am really ready for that. I wonder how things will develop. I have a feeling that Christina and Izzy are going to be flatmates- that would be fascinating. Ahem.
And I definitely sense something between Lexie and Sloane.

just think- her and meredith sisters- their men best friends........... just kidding. I think Sloane is too much for her.

might be good for an affair but they could not make it as a couple I think. He'd need someone a bit more grown up.

I think Callie tries to see Mark as a friend since she obviously cannot discuss Erica with her best friend which happens to be...... Erica.

I think getting the man whore talk last season made him  realise that he might not be able to pull the little boy thing off so easily. If you remember that episode with the high school kids and the girls giggle not because they think he is cute but because he looks like one of their dads..... he gets older and Derek is thinking wife and kids and Addison moved on to her new job- so in a way the on-call room might not be enough for him anymore. And while he is a player... he can also be a good guy, otherwise Derek would not call him a friend. Not after Addison. So there has to be more of Mark than what we have seen so far. And it might be a good time to show some more- same with Alex.

Yes, I think you are right about the Lexie/George/Sloan saga- I think George should not be allowed to have a relationship in this season. ;-)

I wonder if Mer, as weird as she is, can ever just have normal couple issues. Sigh. Funny how she is more or less the main character in a show and I like everything about the show BUT her.

I think it would actually do the show good if Meredith moved aside for a bit and we could focus on the other people in the show. It IS hard to find storylines for her and derek we haven't seen all over again. So why not make room and let others tell their stories- Mark, Alex, Christina, Bailey.......... I'd really really enjoy that for a break. Could we send Meredith to some boot camp for whiney doctors for a bit? Just say, three episodes? Please?

117 123456
Thread