Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 83#83 bala's post

I actually only liked the one who got written off - the rest of them bug me!

Reply 109#109 Teachergirl's post

Exactly. Though, I found his reaction to be pretty chauvenistic! Ok, so he can go and fool around to 'feel better' (ehem, and almost move to LA to be with another woman), but Lexie giving into the same impulse is wrong. A little hypocritical. Anyway, I really like them as a couple so I hope they get back together!

So, is Derek going to be chief then?

And the final scene between Izzy and Alex: SAD!!!

All great insight!

I think you're right Meg, I agree that Sloane is going to leave the baby with Mark and then Lexie and he will eventually work things out. WOn't those make for some fun scenes!

I also see what you mean Teacher about how great it is that Alex found his way out, realized he didn't have to be a jerk. Do you think he and Lexie are going to be a couple? I don't know how I feel about that.

I also LOVED the post-it stuff. How cute was it the first time Meredith used it and Derek kissed her! No use abusing it though ;)

Reply 119#119 funny-girl101's post

I thought that scene was good - and even more for me because generally dramatic scenes with her make me nuts (she does this gutteral voice thing that drives me insane). But this scene was really nice, and they are growing on me as a couple too.

Meg, who is Jackson Avery? (is that the name of the actor or the character?)

Anyone see Bailey getting together with the anaesthesiologist (sorry for my horrible spelling of that!) she berated? They seemed to be flirting didn't they?

Not a bad episode, it was nice to see Richard and Miranda ("Mandy"!!) in their younger years. Ellis Grey really was a mean one wasn't she!!?

Reply 129#129 bala's post

I'd say she was mean - if you look at how she treated Meredith I mean! And of course there's telling Richard it's time he stopped being a baby and drank down his glass of vodka!!

No offense taken!

I see what you mean, but we also know the history of Ellis and what a lousy mom she was to Meredith, so that's where my "mean" comment came from. If this were the only scene we had in which she was "cold" to Mer, I wouldn't make such a harsh judgement, but we know the whole story.

Reply 133#133 bala's post

From what Meredith and Thatcher and Richard have talked about in the past - don't you remember that all of Mer's problems with committing to Derek and trusting him were linked to her abandonment issues with her Mom. Her mother used to always make her feel she wasnm't good enough...if I remember right.

Reply 135#135 bala's post

Oh yeah, maybe you're right, I was mixing up Thatcher and Ellis being the "bad guys." Good memory!

INSANE season finale!! I'm also probably going to have nightmares about it though  - every time they shot another angle of that empty hospital I got chills, then when Clark showed up with his gun, I got so creeped out!!!

I still prefer Lexie and Mark together, despite the age difference. I wasn't sure if I wanted Christina and Owen together but by the end of the episode I decided I like them as a couple =) Too bad about McBaby though =(

I agree, am also glad they did "the jump", that last episode was so HARD to watch, doing things this way made it lighter again, though still difficult for the characters.

I also liked this opener. The only thing bugging me is that every time Derek has a problem, he deals with it in the same crazy way. I hope he doesn't take the same route again this time. And, yes, Meredith is probably not ready for surgery yet, but neither are any of the other crazies!!!

This second episode was pretty good. I liked the ending when Mer makes it clear she had already "fixed" Christina before Owen came up and gave his nice speech!

I'm starting to get bored with Arizona and Callie though...if all they are going to talk about is paint colors!

Reply 15#15 Teachergirl's post

No I definitely think she fits in with the crazies in Seattle much better!

I, like Meredith, am liking April more and more! I am glad they gave her a bigger role - it's funny, they killed off almost all of the 2nd years, it's like they hired them all to see who'd work best and then just killed off the ones that weren't interesting! I think something will happen between her and Avery actually...

I also hope they don't drag out this Christina thing for too long. Yes, I know, they're all "superfreaks" and everything, but does every season HAVE to have someone going crazy?

Reply 44#44 arksongbird80's post

YES, me too - Little Grey and McSteamy just have to get back together! LOL at the butt-enhancement girl too!

yes, Callie and Arizona breaking up wasn't a surprise - but I also think Arizona was a bit harsh. However, better to maybe cut things off if she wasn't entirely sure she could handle waiting for Callie to adjust. Maybe Arizona just realized that in the long run it probably wasn't what she wanted anyway.

I can't believe that everyone just let Christina walk around all this time not being able to be on her own or do anything - she was like a walking time bomb and it's a good thing she didn't kill anyone!

Reply 63#63 babysexylexy's post

That sounds about right! I'll bet they get fake married and fall in love, too. It'll be predictable but fun to watch no less!

I was happy Callie shut the door on Arizona! She left her in the airport! Callie may have been whining, but she'd agreed to give up her entire life for 3 years, that's not someone you leave in an airport!

Definite love triangle going to happen with Lexi, Mark and Avery!

Also, I think Christina will be coming back very soon!

Reply 65#65 bala's post

I'm curious, but I never watch the previews - I prefer to be surprised!!

Oh no, I didn't know that! Oh well...have to keep myself busy for 3 weeks then Ha!

Reply 70#70 arksongbird80's post

Yes, me, I'm the Mommy - she's almost a year and a half. Thank you =)

babysexylexy: yeah, I think that'd be a hard one to choose between!

Reply 73#73 babysexylexy's post

Yeah, 3 weeks without a new episode is tough!!

I have a girl, her name's Sofia =)

I'm definitely happy that Cristina's back - it was about time!

Big bombshell Callie dropped, eh!? Jeez,didn't see that one coming - now her crying in the bathroom at the beginning makes more sense!

Oh, and I really like Meredith's new haircut!

Thread