Thread
Printable Version

The Big Bang Theory Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Alien Parasite Hypothesis

That was Funny.  Love that Amy Farrah Fowler got sexually 'charged" and decided to run tests on herself. HAHAH  She couldn't even identify what it was on site.  She thought she had the Flu and Terrets!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 27#27 arksongbird80's post

Just finished watching it, and I LOVE this show!  It never fails to make me laugh, as it's so absurd.

I was expecting Sheldon to tell Amy that she was undergoing the "pon farr" and to suggest she do battle with someone (I saw some teasers & noticed wrestling).   
The fact SHE thought she had flu & Tourette's was hysterical.

Raj & Howard debating over who would be the sidekick between the two of them was ridiculous - as was Howard in that red wrestling suit.

Gotta love a show that makes me laugh every time I watch it.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 28#28 waterlilybarb's post

I agree Barb, I find this one of the most humorous shows on tv.  And at the same time, I feel sad, because I know that I could fall right into their group and fit right in
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 29#29 sanggye's post

I don't know that I'd fit RIGHT in.  I'd probably fall somewhere between Bernadette, Leonard & Penny, though I would hope that I am more mainstream "normal", so to speak, than either of the 1st two. lol  I am rather nerdy, but my nerdiness lies in other areas, and not as much in the true sciences, as much as I'd like to understand them.  Sheldon would definitely think I was extremely odd - though that's how he views everyone.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 30#30 waterlilybarb's post

Yea, I would probably fit in more with Leonard than Sheldon, I would probably beat up Howard, and keep Raj drunk.  I like the sciences, but never fell completely in them, other than keeping tabs on them.  My nerdness, comes more from the other activities that they mention (Sci-fi, comics, games)  I am more down to earth then Leonard, being around woman don't make me nervous
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 31#31 sanggye's post

Well it's nice to know my species doesn't freak you out!!  

Reply 32#32 arksongbird80's post

I said doesn't make me nervous, I was married for 7 years, woman sure freak me out  

Reply 33#33 sanggye's post

LOL   Alright then.  I will do what I can to ...Minamize that??  HMMM maybe.  We'll see.

Rajesh and Howard trying to prove who would be the better superhero and sidekick was amusing

4x11 The Justice League Recombination

The guys making fun of Zack was amusing and thanks to Penny they won when they enter a costume contest as the Justice League

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

Brilliant episode, loved the ending

Reply 37#37 spratt89's post

# different Justice League's and Penny almost letting it slip how much she misses Leonard  

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

I would liked to have seen their take on Christmas as scientists.  That would have been funny.

I did like the costumes, and Yes Raj: Aquaman is soooo lame.

Reply 39#39 arksongbird80's post

Probably not, they most likely don't touch on the concept of Christmas because of not offending people.  Besides Raj is Indian, so probably raised Hindi, and at least Howard is Jewish, it was mentioned.

That's true.  I was thinking more about their views of the different religions and how it relates to the dynamic of the group around the holidays.

Sheldon: no religion, but raised baptist
Leonard;  ??
Raj: Hindi
Howard:  Jewish.

Hehehe it would be an interesting conversation.

Reply 41#41 arksongbird80's post

i think that Sheldon is an Atheist, but not around his mother   Leonard, I am pretty sure, also came from a nonreligious family, seeing as his mother wouldn't even let him have birthdays, as a psychologist and neuroscientist, she is very much like Sheldon in attitude

I just got hooked on the show what took about 2 months to figure a trip to the video store of Lenny and Penny got together.

it seems that they just ended up liking each other even tho Lenny thought they would have babies that are smart and beautiful and of course according to Sheldon imaginary.

4x12 The Bus Pants Utilization

Seriously who would want Leonard's idea for a smart phone app and Penny's plan to get Sheldon back on the team was funny

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Ahh code. People who have nothing else to do other than solve equations would want the app. So the 70 or so people at the university is what Walowitz said! haha.   

I thought Penny's was a good idea.  It would help narrow the field down for shoppers and that effects alot of people.

I was sure 'someone" would tell sheldon what they "really" thought.  Surely!

Reply 45#45 arksongbird80's post

That got aps for everything, so why not one for physicists.  Liked this episode alot, mainly for the technical aspects, like Howard trying to tell his mother how to send an email, and them brainstorming the app.  And a big A+ for the theremin and Sheldon's singing

Thread