Thread
Printable Version

The Mentalist Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 36#36 bala's post

I doubt it, or maybe once, but I don't think she will come regularly + she is FBI so she can't just help on any case. But I like what she did for Jane; running Red John through her program. I'm curious what's in her report.

Reply 42#42 bala's post

i love that Lisbon takes the kid to juvenile hall and then changes her mind

Reply 44#44 bala's post

no she didn't, it was really self defence

Reply 46#46 bala's post

if she hadn't shot him, he would have shot her.

a little girl against her father who is known to be abusive and who is angry? Don't know about that...

Reply 51#51 bala's post

I think it is true that the public defender could argue self-defence, but Jane made good arguements to release the girl before she had to go to trial.
I think it happens a lot that kids go after their abusive father if they don't have another choise, but most of them are to scared to do anything and just let it come over them or run away... (same with abused wifes/husbands)

New epi:
I think it was good that Jane helped her escape. I've always thought that LaRoche was responsible for the killings and that he was connected to Red John somehow. The poem, I think, is the same one that the other guy told Jane, just another part. The fact that LaRoche knew which one it was may help to find that out, it Lissbon ever tells Jane. But that their other boss knows the poem too, makes two suspects.

Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

I wonder how long it takes everyone to figure out that Jane had something to do with it. He did call Hightower before she disappeared and all. + Lisbon already suspected Jane had something to do with her disappearance.

Reply 62#62 bala's post

I think it was cruel of him to put Cho in charge for just one case without warning him. They are lucky that they are a close team otherwise that could have become a major issue.

I think it was typical that Rigsby couldn't tell her that her guy froze on her. But she deserves to know and they shouldn't work together anymore. But it was a nice save of an akward situation when he said that he could get her the place for her wedding that she wanted.
Though I wonder if they are going to let the wedding go on. It might ruin the chemistry between Rigsby and Grace.

Reply 75#75 bala's post

but it is going to backfire on the team and I wonder when that's going to be.

Reply 83#83 shinny's post

I don't believe that Patrick is Red John cause his family was killed during one of his life performances when he was helping the police catch Red John (not the CBI). So I think that's pretty much out of the question. I think that it is going to be more focussed on what happens now he took care of things on his own. Lisbon has already warned him not to do that (earlier this or previous season) so I don't think she can protect him.

Reply 85#85 shinny's post

well, I guess with a bit of imagination they could call it self defence. He was treatened and the guy had a gun. Only the fact that he was shot in the back and was walking away is not going to be in Jane's favor, neither are his own treats and the fact that he had a gun as well and the fact that he was so angry at RJ.

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I agree, I loved this opener. Allthough I knew that Jane was going to be found not guilty, I didn't see it coming that the wife was in on it. The guy not being Red John was a surprise but if I think it through, I'm not surprised that they are bringing him back. It is what makes this show
I feel sorry for Grace. She really needs some help getting over it, but not being able to go home because he was there is really hard.

Reply 10#10 carlorica's post

I don't think that was to help Jane, I think that was to tie up loose ends.
Jane figured it out when they said he had no criminal record and then again when he visited the wife.

I thought that she looked really upset for a guy she had never met.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

I loved the ending with the recording of the other psychic

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Well that it was an inside job was obvious from the beginning but I loved the way Jane flushed out the real stringpuller.

Reply 42#42 bala's post

I agree. I first thought it might have been the FBI agent from last episode. But that doesn't look this likely anymore. I do think they are misusing the blind women. I don't like it that they paint her off as this naieve person who can't even tell that someone has left a body in her house. I've also thought it might be her. But I don't know. All I know is that we've probably already seen him sometime without knowing it was him. And I also think they won't tell us who he is untill the series final.

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

it wasn't planned. I don't even think he is really in love with Sarah. He still has a thing for Grace.

Thread