Thread
Printable Version

The Mentalist Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I decided I'd give this show a go now that it's on our site, well I am very glad I did. I love it. Patrick Jane is a great Character played extremely well by Simon Baker. I remember him when he was in Home and Away too. Is there any Aussie actors who weren't in Home and Away or Neighbours, lol!!?

The one negative I have about the show is that every time and I mean every time, I know who the killer is the moment we are introduced to them. I don't think I'm particularly astute here so I just think it's a weakness in the show in that most likely everyone must know!! However, that's small thing.

I love the Red John storyline and why Jane is the way he is.

I love the blossoming relationship between Rigsby and Van Pelt. It's so sweet.

I think the seriousness of Cho's personality brings another comedic dimension to the show.

All in all, loving it and I'm glad that the numbers are good for CBS so no risk of cancellation......yet !

[ Last edited by shinny at 3-15-2009 11:54 ]

Just got a chance to watch the Finale. I thought this was a great final episode for Season one and I can't wait for Season two already!!

We knew that Red John had an interest in Jane but I don't think we realised that he's really obsessed with him. Patrick will have to be careful next season!

It's amazing how quickly his reason went out the window when Red John was in sight. Just as well Lisbon kept a cool head and came back to help Patrick.

I think it's a combination of the unit being his life now and his relationship with the team. What else does he have, that's what he said himself.

I enjoyed this episode but I hope we get to see some more Red John soon!

I kinda knew that's what Jane was up to when he went into the office, after the PI had done that to them. The doughnuts were just a distraction tactic!!

What a fantastic Season Finale, that I finally got to watch. So, did Jane really shoot RJ or was it an imposter that RJ had coached on the details??? I suspected Craig when he faultered that time to save Grace.

I just read an article on the Actor who plays Wayne. He's Welsh! I'd never have known that. Great American accent.

Someone, on another forum, is suggesting that Patrick is actually Red John with a split personality disorder!!!!!!! Imagine if that was how they went with this storyline? It's plausible, but I really hope they wouldn't make Patrick the extremely bad guy.....Roll on Season 4!

Reply 84#84 kellemanske's post

Yeh, but I wonder could they find a loop hole around that? I'd prefer they didn't, but you never know with these writers.

I know, next Season is going to be all about the aftermath!

Thread