Thread
Printable Version

Legend of the Seeker Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 bala's post

It was on line about 3am so i started downloading and went to bed

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Well now i know why there are no male confessors but can you imagine that?

When this show started that was first question i want to know and i have the answer-i do hope we meet male confessor in the future because i would like to see how evil they really are.

Episode 11 Confession

I cant believe Kahlan helped to kill a innocent man and nearly kill a innocent woman but see got the killer in the end

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

Well it's her emotion that got in the way

I will have to find these and dl them. It sounds like a great show

Reply 25#25 carlorica's post

We are hoping if we discuss this they will eventually added it over here.

I watched the first episode- they have them all on hulu. The production quality was good, and people seem to really like it, but if you've ever read the books, its impossible to watch this show, because it veers sooooo far off the plot that it shouldn't even really be called the same thing. And I was looking for a new sci fi/fantasy show too- but every time I watch this, I just get angry cos they've changed it so much!
But I'm glad people are enjoying it!

Reply 27#27 rian_bean's post

i never heard of the book so when i watched it i didn't know it was after the book

Episode 12 Home

This episode was a chance to recap the story so far

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

is it worth watching?

Reply 30#30 bala's post

Yes it is worth watching

Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

well thank I'm downloading 350mb version now- this morning i could only find the 1gb one

Quote:
ABC Domestic Television's "Legend of the Seeker" will continue for another season, as Tribune Broadcasting's owned stations have renewed the weekend drama.

The sale means the first-run fantasy-adventure hour has been cleared in 35% of the country and seven of the top 10 markets for the 2009-10.

"'Legend of the Seeker,' the No. 1 new first-run syndicated show of the 2008-09 season, has proven to be a great fit for our Tribune launch group," Janice Marinelli, president of Disney-ABC Domestic Television, said in a statement.

"We're enormously pleased with their confidence in this exciting new scripted hour and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with them into 'Seeker's' second season," she said.

"We are thrilled with Disney's commitment to this production," Sean Compton, senior vice president of programming at Tribune Broadcasting, said in a statement.

Chuck Larsen, president of television consulting company October Moon, said "Seeker's" renewal may not necessarily signal a trend toward more first-run action hours in the future.

There was a glut of first-run hours nearly 15 years ago, but that well has run dry as weekend hours now are dominated by off-net programming. "Seeker" is the only nationally sold entrant in the first-run weekend programming genre.

Mr. Larsen said off-net programming is an easier sell as it already carries promotion, a built-in audience and no production costs.

Distributors are particularly wary about rolling out new projects during this time as cash-strapped stations wrangle with a tough economy, limiting local sales of new, untested product.

A show like "Seeker," with its noticeably high production values, is a costlier project that is dependent on international sales to make up the difference, he said.

Season-to-date, "Seeker" is posting a 2.0 household rating average.

The show also is available online via Hulu.com. Episodes are available for purchase at the iTunes Store and via the Xbox Marketplace.

"Seeker" is produced by ABC Studios, marking its first entrance into broadcast syndication. The show is shot on location in New Zealand.

Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

I just saw new episode wow that was intense i hope they take what happen to last seeker as a warning.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

It is like history repeating its self

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Yeah but it give them a warning now we just have to see if they are strong enough to resist still Zan should of known better undo the spell  

I can't believe how far they went with love scene was a bit too much

[ Last edited by bala at 3-1-2009 19:42 ]

Good episode heartland -I'm glad we got see Anna in action and the history.

Episode 15

Wow creating a confessor   that was great story-line

Reply 38#38 bala's post

As long as it is not Darken Rahl but Kahlan needs to find or recreate the potion

Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

i think it good that Richard didn't take the potion that ruin it. Still Kahlan blood rage was wicked to actually see did you bad she was almost killing everyone in the room [ Last edited by bala at 3-15-2009 13:49 ]

Thread