44 123
Thread
Printable Version

Leverage Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Boost Job

Adison hacking a new car makes complete sense since they are completely computerized, most cars can be remotely shut down, not too far a stretch that they can be hacked

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Guess his father forgot to keep on eye on the Red Queen :

Reply 37#37 bala's post

Well yea that's pretty much it, he underestimated Nate so he forgot to watch.  same thing, different words.  Decent episode, not one of my favorites though.

Reply 39#39 bala's post

Thanks for the welcome, I have been a member for a couple years or so, just didn't post much.  Will probably post more as more shows start up in the fall.  I am behind on a lot of the newer shows.

Reply 44#44 bala's post

I agree.  It seems that the cons are getting less elaborate and less interesting, and just becoming kind of mundane

Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

I enjoyed this episode.  It was nice to see a real con go on again.  And seeing Parker as the auctioneer, priceless.

Morning after Job

Yea for someone who can catch long con artists and come up with good variations of long cons, he does has a tendency to be a little short-sided.  I enjoyed this episode, seeing Parker do more grifting than robbery is nice.  And the dynamic between the "two cops" was cool.  They are becoming more and more the good guys, a few years back they probably would have let the witness run away, instead of keeping him safe and keeping him in custody.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 9-6-2010 15:03 ]

Reply 57#57 bala's post

Decent episode, Wil Wheaton, as always, plays a good a-hole (between this and Big Bang Theory, he really is breaking that Wesley steroetype)  Liked some little things, like Parker walking straight though the swings of the sword without paying any attention.  Though, unless i am mistaken, I didn't hear the catchphrase at all, I was waiting for... "Let's steal Christmas"
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 59#59 bala's post

Well they say the catchphrase every episode except this one and the one with the knife.  And a emp directional gun isn't cheesy?
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 61#61 bala's post

Oh yea, Hardison's Van going boom, but where did all the smoke come from, EMP's only knock out electrical, not catch them on fire

Reply 63#63 bala's post

Oh ok     Well, wait to we see his new one

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 12-20-2010 05:10  
I couldn't wait for this episode to be update since it was only show i needed to watch today but Elliot gun fight sequence was completely ridiculous but was amazing to watch and how those bullets miss ...
I feel the same way, part of me hated the Matrix part, but it was very cool to watch

Reply 95#95 bala's post

Nah, talking about slowing down to "Bullet Time"  where you see him unbelievably, without out moving but the slide, have all the bullets in action miss him.  And though they weren't the first, the term "Bullet-Time", for slowing down the bullets to see em as the "hero" goes around them is trademarked by Warner Brothers and first coined for the film Matrix, where the effect is used.

source

Reply 99#99 bala's post

Yea I would like to see them get back to some basic cons.  I liked the ending, it has been a while since they had done a major con, so this one was nice.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-27-2011 07:50  
I had a felling the wife would go up the mountain to try and triangulate her husbands signal and planting the phone in the guys pocket was risky considering after her burnt the notebook that was all t ...
Yea civilians never listen, they always let their emotions get involved.  Good season opening, am glad it is back on.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-27-2011 14:17  
Finding out who planted the bug will be interesting
Oh yeah, who is watching the team?  It is going to be real interesting.  

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

I knew the daughter did it, there was hints when she was at the office.  I don't know if the characters need more growth, maybe, but I kind of like that we know who they are.  We have the alcoholism, the puppy love, each character is who they are, but at the same time, there is some change from who they were from the first season.

Reply 20#20 bala's post

It was interesting to watch them try to make him a hero and he literally did nothing to help, but he sure did like it when it started getting some fame.

Reply 22#22 bala's post

And, you are that  

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Because she wouldn't let them.  It was a decent episode, was nice with the flashbacks with the leverage team as the characters.

44 123
Thread