Thread
Printable Version

TV Show News & Ratings

Just a reminder to those posting interviews and the like, please don't forget to credit the source.  Thanks.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

glad to have her back

Quote:
Gilmore Girls actress Lauren Graham will star in ABC's untitled Alex Herschlag sitcom, reports Variety.

The project, which has secured a production commitment, casts Graham as a self-help guru who teaches women how to deal with relationships. Her own life soon becomes complicated when her boyfriend dumps her.

Herschlag (Will And Grace) is writing the series and will serve as executive producer. Graham is also producing the show.

The sitcom marks her return to TV screens after starring in Gilmore Girls from 2000 to 2007.

Quote:

Dawson's Creek actress Mary Beth Peil has signed up to appear in an episode of Fringe.

Peil will reunite with fellow Creek alumnus Joshua Jackson to play Jessica Warren, the mother of a woman who was killed in a lab accident that resulted in Walter Bishop being locked away, TV Guide reports.

Lucas wants Depp for 'Little Britain USA'

Matt Lucas has revealed that he would love Johnny Depp to guest star on Little Britain USA.

However, Lucas joked that the Pirates Of The Caribbean star would have to complete the same formal audition process as all other cast members.

"He'll have to audition like everyone else!" he told The Sun. "Johnny is very friendly and a good laugh."

Lucas stars alongside Depp in the upcoming Alice In Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton. Lucas plays twins Tweedledum and Tweedledee, while Depp is portraying the Mad Hatter.

It was reported in 2005 that Depp was keen to land a cameo role in Little Britain as a friend of transvestite Emily Howard.

Reply 24#24 spratt89's post

Little Britain *USA*?? I only know that UK show- is there a US version?

Willoughby refuses to change dress style

Holly Willoughby has vowed to continue wearing low-cut dresses on the new series of Dancing on Ice.

The show's host sparked complaints from some viewers when she donned one revealing frock on the ITV1 skating show last year.

"I never expected such a stir," Willoughby told the Daily Star. "I'm a size 12, I have hips and I like to dress in a feminine way. I won't do anything differently this time. I've always worn the same style. I just pick the dresses I love."

Meanwhile, her co-presenter Phillip Schofield joked: "Holly's only been getting attention because she wears frocks the wrong way round!"

Dancing on Ice returns to ITV1 on January 11.

New 'Jonathan Creek' intrigues 9m

A new episode of Jonathan Creek was a ratings triumph for the BBC on New Year's Day, according to early figures.

The new mystery - the first episode in five years - averaged a mighty 8.97m (35.9%) for BBC One between 9pm and 11pm.

It outrated ITV1's Marple more than 2 to 1. Geraldine McEwan's final appearance as the sleuth pulled in 3.69m (15%) over the same period.

Two episode of EastEnders managed 9.31m (35.7%) at 7.30pm and 8.58m (31.3%) an hour later. The soap sandwiched Celebrity Mastermind, which had 6.55m (24.8%).

At 7pm, a rerun of Christmas Day ratings victor Wallace and Gromit: A Matter Of Loaf and Death notched up 7.23m (29%) for BBC One. It outperformed ITV1's Emmerdale, with 6.51m (25.9%) at the same time.

The first episode of a revived Krypton Factor had 4.35m (16.6%) for ITV1 at 7.30pm opposite EastEnders. The Bill took 4.18m (15.5%) in the 8pm hour.

On BBC Two, Three Men In More Than One Boat enlisted a strong 3.5m (13%) in the 8pm hour, then a Top Gear highlights show interested 1.9m (7.2%).

Channel 4's Come Dine With Me grabbed 1.46m (5.7%) in the 7pm hour, then a screening of sci-fi movie Fantastic Four held 1.78m (6.7%) until 10pm.

On Five, World's Strongest Man picked up 1.49m (5.5%) in the 8pm hour, then the three-hour countdown Most Shocking Celebrity Moments of the 21st Century averaged out to 926k (4.4%).

BBC One's average primetime share was 33% (last week: 41%), while ITV1 had a droopy 16.9% (20.9%). BBC Two took 8.6% (7.1%) for third place, followed by Channel 4 on 5.6% (3.5%) and Five on 3.9% (2.3%).

BBC Three's screening of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl attracted a massive 1.34m (5.6%) from 8.20pm, the highest multichannel numbers of the day.

Mega Buzz on Grey's, Daisies, 24, Housewives & More!

Got any scoop on Grey's Anatomy's MerDer? Do you have any idea when we'll see the McMansion being built? — Emilee
MATT: In lieu of talking drywall (there's no foreseeable movement on Der's dream home), may I interest you in some drama? It turns out that the death row inmate who is admitted to Seattle Grace this week could do some damage to your MerDer. Guest star Eric Stoltz teases that during his three-episode arc, "I certainly insinuate myself into their relationship and am the source of not a little strife."

Any word on dates for the final three episodes of Pushing Daisies? — Kathy
MICKEY: ABC is contractually obligated to air the remaining episodes, but I've also heard that they might burn them all off in a one-night marathon. That's a lot of pie for one sitting.

I'm staying relatively clear of 24 spoilers, but the commercials have me amped. In your opinion, might the show return to form after the disastrous Season 6? Also, is Tony's true agenda revealed by the end of the four-hour premiere? — Mike
MATT: My full review of the premiere is forthcoming, but in a nutshell, I see some promise for this cycle, though a few of my expectations for this new "day" were quickly dashed — and part of that bittersweet taste comes from "revived" Tony's true motivation. P.S. How surprised was I to see that someone who was alive at the end of the Redemption TV-movie is now suddenly dead? Kinda explains the awkward pause I got in one of my recent 24 video Q&As.

On Desperate Housewives, isn't Susan's son, M.J., creepy? — Dalton
MICKEY: Hooray — someone's been reading my recaps! Mason Vale Cotton, the nugget who plays M.J., is cuter than, say, a Rottweiler puppy with hiccups, but man is that one morose toddler! So here's the question: If he attends a bilingual school, as Susan is going to want him to, will that make him more or less creepy? Je ne sais pas!

Leverage is almost halfway through its first season. When we can expect to hear whether it has been renewed? And is there anything coming up to "scoop"? — Candy
TIM: TNT says it's premature to speculate on Season 2, so shame on you, Candy. But we're happy to scoop that in next week's caper, "The Wedding Job," Christian Kane's Eliot winds up in a nasty knife fight while playing chef at a mob wedding. "I'm Cherokee Indian, and I've been throwing knives my whole life ... playing with 'em and collecting 'em," says Kane, who is also a real-life cook. "It just happened to work out that Eliot doesn't like guns."

I really liked Adam Gregory as 90210's Ty and feel that he was very underused. Do you know if he will come back? — Erik
MICKEY: Ty will be back! In what capacity? Let's just say this: My pregnant friend and her husband received T-shirts as Hanukkah presents. Hers says "knocked up"; his, "baby daddy." Guess what Ty's would say? (It's more complicated than you think.)

Will Col. Hollis Mann (Susannah Thompson) return to NCIS this season? — Nele
MATT: The bad news for fans of Gibbs' onetime lover, who was last seen during Season 5: "At this time, she is not scheduled to appear in upcoming episodes," says a show rep. The good news for fans of Ms. Thompson: She makes for a delicious doyenne playing the missus of Ian McShane's monarch in NBC's Kings, premiering March 19.

This season of SVU has been dull. Any news about upcoming episodes? — Adrean
MICKEY: Remember Ron Eldard aka Shep, the EMT who wooed Julianna Margulies on ER? Sources tell me that he'll pop by SVU to play either a slippery suspect or a munificent business magnate. Insert "What's the difference?/corporate fatcats stole my 401(k)" joke here as I check in on my Fidelity account for the 46th time today.

I haven't heard a peep about TNT's Men of a Certain Age since Scott Bakula joined the cast. Has that pilot been 86'd? — David
TIM: TNT promises an imminent decision on Ray Romano's return to series TV, while one insider tells the Buzz the outlook for the series is "hopeful." Granted, it's kind of weird for the sitcom vet to turn to drama, but he did show off his serious side in... well, nothing.

Could you please tell me which Smallville episode Allison Mack will direct this season and what the title is? — Robin
MATT: Allison will venture behind the cameras for the first time for Episode 13, "Power." There, she will call the shots when one of the reasons Lana came back to town is revealed. (Word is that it's considerably shocking.)

Where's 30 Rock's Josh?! — Brit
MICKEY: Officially, Lonny Ross, who plays the impression-happy comic, is still considered a cast member and (theoretically) will recur on the series. But sources are telling me that there's an effort afoot to steer 30 Rock away from the show-within-a-show, which will necessitate the pruning of several players from Tina Fey's narrative bonsai, Ross among them.

I've been hearing that this is the last season of One Tree Hill. True? — Yassmina
MATT: That's certainly not the vibe I'm getting whenever I check in with my sources at the CW and Warner Bros. Far from it, actually.

USA finally aired To Love and Die, and it was great to see Roswell's Shiri Appleby back on TV! Will this be another in a long line of excellent USA series (Monk, Psych, Burn Notice) or will it fade into oblivion? — Becca
TIM: Exec producer Lorne Michaels has a blazing track record, the cast, which also includes Tim Matheson and Frances Fisher (Kate Winslet's Titanic mom) is filled with talent, and goofily titled series have thrived at USA before. (What's up, Silk Stalkings?) We'll give it a chance.

Tim's Mega Rave: This season of The Bachelor promises to raise the show's inherent conflict to a ridiculously awesome degree. In addition to the brilliant-yet-cruel let-the-ladies-vote-on-who-they-want-to-leave reversal, we hope, if only for dramatic purposes, that DeAnna is back for a second chance at love and not just to help Jason weed through the women. And did we mention that at stake this time is the life of a child? (Or at least which lady goes to live with Jason and his tyke, Ty.)

Mickey's Mini Rant: When are midseason shows going to start already? None of the fall's newcomers knocked my socks off, and I've become awfully cranky waiting for the returns of such reliable faves as Lost, Idol, Big Love, Flight of the Conchords and Galactica. Hurry! [Editor's Note: You want some cheese with that whine?]

Matt's Micro Riff: NPH + SNL = OMG!

Reader Quote of the Week: "I'll take Sawyer in Ben's fur-lined hooded parka for crying out loud. 'Shirtless' is just a bonus!" (wacaya, responding to a critical aspect of our review of the Lost premier)

Source TvGuide.com

Lineup revealed for Ross's TV return

The guests for Jonathan Ross's first chatshow since serving his three-month suspension have been announced.

Stephen Fry and comedian Lee Evans will join the presenter for Friday Night With Jonathan Ross on January 23, while rockers Franz Ferdinand will provide the music.

Filming for the programme is expected to take place on January 21 or 22 and the BBC have revealed that one more guest will be announced nearer the time.

Ross was suspended without pay from his BBC One chatshow in October after he and comedian Russell Brand left a series of lewd messages on the answering machine of Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs.

The format of of the show is expected to remain the same, but Ross has been told by bosses to cut back on swearing and will reportedly be shadowed by a personal censor during filming.

Reply 35#35 spratt89's post

Quote:
Ray Romano will be making a return to television after his pilot Men Of A Certain Age was greenlit for production.

TNT has placed a ten-episode order for the drama series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Men Of A Certain Age follows three college friends in their 40s dealing with their midlife issues. Romano will star as Joe, a divorced father-of-two, opposite Scott Bakula and Andre Braugher.

The show, which marks Romano's first TV role since Everybody Loves Raymond ended in 2005, was co-created by the actor and former Raymond writer/producer Mike Royce.

"The show isn't ever going to be weighty tome," said Royce. "We're really just trying to write out of our own experience and make the show relatable."

Romano and Royce will produce the show alongside Raymond's Rory Rosegarten and Cary Hoffman.

The series has been slated for a January 2010 premiere but no production dates have been announced yet.

Brook confirmed for Britain's Got Talent

Kelly Brook has signed up to be the fourth judge on Britain's Got Talent.

The actress will join Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden on the panel of the hit ITV1 show.

Cowell is preparing to make the announcement later today after Brook signed a contract last night, according to The Sun.

The third outing of the talent show will begin airing in May, with auditions starting this month in Manchester.

Kelly Brook previously appeared on the fifth series of the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing in 2007.

Lily van der Woodsen Could Die!

Serena's mom on "Gossip Girl" could face an untimely death unless a judge lets her fly.

Kelly Rutheford (Lily van der Woodsen) has a big problem. We've learned she went to court last week and pleaded with the judge in her divorce case to let her go to NYC with her two-year-old, Hermes. The judge shut Kelly down, telling her he'll take the issue up a week from today.

Kelly's going through a mega-nasty divorce with her hubby of 2+ years, Daniel Giersch.

Now here's the problemo. Sources on "Gossip Girl" tell us Kelly is supposed to be in New York to shoot by January 27. If the judge shuts her down next week that's not going to happen. Producers could deal with a small delay and shoot her out of sequence, but if the delay is longer they could just shoot her -- as in her character.

Kelly is pregnant with their second kid. Giersch doesn't want Hermes to travel to NYC because he claims Kelly works insane hours and gets totally stressed out when she's shooting.

Supernatural's Original Ruby: Fans Who Miss Me Are "So Sweet"

Katie Cassidy, Christopher Gorham and other cast members of the CBS midseason series Harper's Island held court Wednesday at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, where they touted their closed-ended, 13-episode Scream-meets-Ten Little Indians hybrid. Afterward, TVGuide.com grabbed a moment with Cassidy to reflect on her run as Supernatural's original Ruby.

"Coming onto the show at first, everybody was kind of freaked out," she recalled. "They didn't know about having girls on the show - they love their Sam and Dean, and I understand that."

As such, Cassidy says she is touched to hear that some fans miss her original take on Ruby. (Genevieve Cortese stepped into the role this season, as Ruby claimed a new host body.) "The fact that they miss me is sweet," she gushed. "It's heartbreaking in a way, because I loved that show. I loved the crew, I loved the boys.... Everyone was so welcoming."

So why did Cassidy and the CW spooker part ways? At the time, series creator Eric Kripke cited "purely budgetary" reasons. Cassidy herself says, "Warner Bros. wasn't exactly sure what they were going to be doing with my character, and I had the option to stay or leave. When Harper's Island came about, I was really into it, so I asked them to let me go. Luckily, they did."

Based on the buzz that's building for Harper's, luckily indeed. The new CBS series premieres Thursday, April 9, at 10 pm/ET, and runs 13 straight weeks.

MARK HARMON TALKS 'NCIS' AND 'WEATHER GIRL'

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/01/69831/index.html

ET was with "NCIS" star Mark Harmon in Park City, Utah at the Slamdance Film Festival to get the latest on "NCIS" and his new film, 'Weather Girl.'
Last week ET broke the news that CBS is planning a spinoff of "NCIS," which itself was a spinoff of "JAG." Today Ryan Devlin, Mark's co-star in 'Weather Girl,' gets the 411 from Mark on what he knows about the upcoming series.
"I don't think it spins off anybody who is on the current show," Mark reveals. "The network looks at a successful franchise, saying, 'Can we get more out of it?' But I will believe it when it is done. As an actor, you hope it doesn't do anything detrimental to what you have. But ask me again in a month."
Mark's character in 'Weather Girl' is a big departure from any he has previously played. The character, Dale, is the cheesy host of a television news program, "Seattle Morning," who is sleeping with the weather girl until a messy breakup. For the role, Mark dyed his hair and piled on the makeup!
So what would Gibbs (Mark's "NCIS" character) do with a guy like Dale? "[Gibbs] would put him away in a dark prison," jokes Mark. The star goes on to reveal: "In my mind he is based on people I have worked with or been interviewed by."
"NCIS" airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on CBS.

"Gossip Girl" Star -- My Show or My Kid

A main character in "Gossip Girl" may be killed off, depending on what a judge rules tomorrow.

Kelly Rutherford, who plays Lily van der Woodsen, was in court this morning, asking an L.A. County Superior Court judge to green light her request to bring her two-year-old son Hermes to NYC to begin filming this coming Sunday.

Standing in her way -- estranged hubby Daniel Giersch -- who claims the kid is a basket case when he goes back to New York because Kelly gets crazy with her work schedule. Kelly says she's been taking the kid back and forth for a long time and it's no problemo.

The judge says he'll decide tomorrow if Kelly can take Hermes back this weekend. If the answer is no, Kelly has to decide whether to go back alone or even quit the show.

"Gossip Girl" Saved -- XOXO

A judge just ruled Kelly Rutherford can take her kid to NYC while she films "Gossip Girl."

The judge said Kelly can go on Sunday and her estranged hubby Daniel Giersch is free to travel there as well. He had argued he needed to stay in L.A. to do his business, but the judge begged to differ. Daniel told the court he will travel to New York.

Rutherford filed for divorce on December 30. She is also pregnant.

Giersch was awarded two overnight visits per week for the month of February and three per week for March.

The judge also ruled 2-year-old Hermes will bounce between NYC and L.A. for the next two months while the feuding couple tries to hash out a long-term custody arrangement. Good luck.

Demi and Daughter In Court!

Demi Moore has just shown up at the Santa Monica Courthouse with one of her daughters.

Demi and one of the girls are in line at Juvenile Traffic Court -- yes, there is such a thing.

Someone in line is cackling, "Hey, there's G.I. Jane!"

In this court, a parent must accompany a minor child.

Demi looks hot with sunglasses on her head. She's wearing a black top and showing some cleavage -- which should help the case.

Fun Fact -- If Demi thought this was a good day to slip into court, she didn't know there's an epic custody case going on there today involving Kelly Rutherford.

UPDATE: Court is now in session and everyone inside -- including Demi -- is being forced to watch a 30-minute video on reckless driving -- which is still better than watching "Striptease."

UPDATE: Demi and her daughter have just left the courthouse and gotten into a Mercedes. We're told they left in the middle of the video. We don't know the dispo of the case.

Ross TV return is watched by 5.1m

More than five million viewers tuned in to watch Jonathan Ross's return to TV following his three-month suspension by the BBC, early figures show.
At its peak, 5.1m people saw the star interview Hollywood actor Tom Cruise on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross.
Ross's last chat show in October before his suspension was watched by 3.74m.
Meanwhile, the star said it was "very nice to be back" as he returned to his Saturday morning Radio 2 show after the Andrew Sachs lewd phone call row.
Ross resumed hosting his BBC One chat show on Friday with the words: "So, where were we?" and apologised again for the incident.
He added: "Welcome to our millions of regular viewers and to our several thousand new viewers who I suspect may be watching for the very first time."
Speaking on his radio show about his TV return, Ross said: "It was nice to be able to go out at the beginning and say sorry to people because I said sorry beforehand, but that message didn't seem to have got out there.
"I got the feeling the newspapers hadn't actually heard it, even though some of them printed it, so it was nice to go out there and get the chance to get that off my chest," he added.
During the show, the star said it felt "peculiar" not working over Christmas and thanked the presenters who sat in for him while he was away.
Ross was joined in the studio by presenter Graham Norton, comedian Katy Brand and Mercury Music Prize winners, Elbow.
On his TV show, the presenter told the audience it was "a great privilege" to be "allowed this level of freedom to communicate", adding he would be "more aware of the responsibility" now.
"But, as the kids say, it was 'my bad' so I do apologise for any hurt or distress it’s caused," he said.
The BBC received 25 complaints on Friday from viewers unhappy at Ross's return to the BBC and three messages in support for the presenter.
In Brand's Radio 2 show in October, Ross and Brand left obscene messages on Sachs's answerphone claiming Brand had slept with the actor's granddaughter, Georgina Baillie.
After more than 42,000 people complained, BBC bosses carried out a review and suspended Ross without pay for three months.
Brand issued a public apology and resigned from his BBC show.

Ross sparks new row with 'OAP sex joke'

Jonathan Ross is facing fresh criticism today after appearing to joke about sex with an 80-year-old woman on his Radio 2 comeback show.

The broadcaster has returned to work this week after serving a three-month suspension from the BBC for his part in the Manuelgate scandal, which saw him leaving a series of lewd messages on the voicemail of Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs.

In Ross's first radio show since the row yesterday, the host's producer Andy Davies told listeners that he had been grabbed by a "frisky" OAP as he worked in the garden of his villa in Spain.

Ross replied: "Eighty, oh God! I think you should, just for charity. Give her one last night, will you? One last night before the grave. Would it kill you?"

Davies's wife Abigail has since confirmed that the woman does exist, explaining: "It's very sad because she has Alzheimer's Disease. She takes a fancy to any man in the street and tries to kiss them."

Ross's comments, which were broadcast shortly after 10.00am, have since been condemned by Tory MP David Davies.

"On Radio 2 you don't expected X-rated references to sex, and especially sex with an 80-year-old, during the day," Mr. Davies explained. "[Ross] should have gone ages ago. There's no way this man should be on the air. He needs to be replaced now."

However, speaking outside his home yesterday evening, Ross insisted that his comments had been misinterpreted.

"I hope no one has been upset by the show," he told the News Of The World. "It was a kind of light-hearted remark about giving her a cuddle. It wasn't 'give her one' - I meant, 'Give her one last cuddle.' You know there was no malice intended. There was no harm intended, OK?"

Duff bags sister role on 'Barely Legal'

Hilary Duff has reportedly secured her older sister a role in her new NBC comedy Barely Legal.

According to OK!, the former Lizzie McGuire star has asked the writers to create a part in the show for 23-year-old Haylie Duff.

"It's a challenge," said an insider. "Haylie will play the big sister who visits from time to time."

Barely Legal is based on the true story of 18-year-old Kathleen Holtz, the youngest person ever to pass the California bar exams.

Haylie Duff's previous screen credits include Napolean Dynamite, 7th Heaven and Material Girls, in which she starred alongside her sister.

Thread