Thread
Printable Version

Dollhouse Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 80#80 bala's post

This is one of my top 10 shows so i hope it will be renewed

Reply 81#81 codebreaker's post

me too i really have my finger crossed but given fox renewed Fringe  I'm bit concerned.

Dollhouse 1x12

Wow what an episode i still can't believe the revelation about whisky i didn't see coming are all women Dolls in the show-every women we have meet on the show. i still can't believe they wiped Omega that was next generation of Dolls and she wasn't as crazy as Alpha. i was very happy with this episode

I didn't see that coming with Saunders either, I had expected one of them to be a doll, but I thought it would be Topher, because he always says it's "his" chair, so I thought they would have a Topher for each dollhouse... but I was totally wrong obviously  or maybe they are all dolls and we just don't know it yet, after all it must be quite difficult to find loyal employees for this kind of work
I didn't like the first few episodes too much, but by now I think it's a pretty good show, I hope they pick it up for another season, but judging from the ratings I somehow doubt it

Reply 84#84 Mnemosyne's post

Well that's good if the show gives you surprises you don't expect isn't that a good thing.

Yep, I didn't see it coming about Dr Saunders either. Very interesting. There is obviously much more going on there between her and Topher. They have some prior history, I wonder what it is???

Poor Victor, I felt so sorry for him. I wonder what they will do with him now.

And now they have Paul working with them. I wonder what direction Season 2 could take (if it does get renewed) ? - Perhaps Paul will stay on to protect the Dolls from Alpha? We'll have to wait and see !!

Quote:
There is obviously much more going on there between her and Topher. They have some prior history, I wonder what it is???
I was left a bit confused about that i wasn't sure why she did what did hacking into files-what does she mean you gave me computer skills that i don't need as a doctor. i wasn't actually sure if it's history or the fact he feel guilty that he been lying to her.

I think that almost all of the major characters we've seen so far are in fact dolls.  I think Mnemosyne made a good point about loyalty.  remember how ballard found that there was more than one dollhouse (and dewitt said there were more than 20 located in multiple countries), and that the dollhouse has many connections to governments and all sorts of important ppl and agencies?  if there's a second season, I think that's what it'll be about - tracing the lines of power all the way to the top, to the ppl or person who is in charge of the whole dollhouse network.  that and catching alpha. it's even possible that ballard will find out dewitt is a doll, tell her, and she'll be so upset by the news that she'll help ballard try to take the dollhouse down from the inside.  

I was pretty sure dr saunders was a doll.  it was cool to see some of her history.  I was really surprised that the dollhouse would imprint those kinds of personalities tho; seems to me it should have been obvious letting lose those kinds of personalities on the world was a terrible idea.  it illustrated a total lack of ethics.  it seemed as if someone hadn't thought, "these personalities will do bad things," but had only thought, "these personalities will do things."  it was more like the folks in charge (who allowed alpha and whiskey to be programmed as very dangerous psychopaths) have no sense of right and wrong.
Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 5-9-2009 15:08  
i wasn't sure why she did what did hacking into files-what does she mean you gave me computer skills that i don't need as a doctor. ...
I think when dr saunders/whiskey overheard ppl talking about "whiskey," she somehow recognized that had something to do with her.  I think saunders/whiskey hacked into the files simply to see if she was a doll, and that was all the information she wanted at that time.  and for some reason, she *wanted* topher to know what she'd done.   

it seems that topher has a hidden agenda.  when he imprinted whiskey as dr saunders, he gave her certain skills and feelings that had nothing to do with being a doctor.  I think he gave her advanced computer skills so she could and *would* hack into dollhouse computers.  but my question is the same as whiskey's/saunders': why did topher program her to hate him?  

it's a shame this show had such a slow and clumsy start.  it wasn't until around ep8 that this show became interesting to me.  I think that's why it's ratings are low, and I have a feeling it'll be cancelled.  I really hope I'm wrong about that!

The Finally was excellent and left itself for another season but it will be hard to say who will pick it up. It is all a ratings thing and it should not be but that is how they make money.

I was surprised about topher but I can understand why he would make her hate him. This is to keep himslef loyal and also not get the active killed. This way he can love her at a distance but not put her in danger.

Fingers crossed that someone picks this up for another season. Maybe they do half a seaon of this and half a season of another show.

Quote:
Originally posted by carlorica at 5-11-2009 15:21  
I can understand why he would make her hate him. This is to keep himslef loyal and also not get the active killed. This way he can love her at a distance but not put her in danger.
I don't understand what you mean.  is topher in love w whiskey or the person she was before she was whiskey?  why would whiskey's hatred of topher keep him loyal and her alive & safe?

Reply 90#90 Mercuriel1's post

The reason is the dollhouse does not like employees to get it on with the dolls. If he makes her hate him he can love her from a distance and not get her and him into trouble.

There was a 13th episode called Epitaph One. There is some talk that Fox will air it but it will definitely be on the DVD for Season one. Apparently the UK will air it when they catch up. I think they are a good bit behind though. It's on the Sci Fi channel on Sky.

Slight spoiler so highlight if you want to see:

It’s a totally non-finale-ish stand-alone episode, and—here’s the crazy part—it’s apparently set in the future, after the apocalypse, amidst total anarchy. And yes, I am describing an episode of Dollhouse, not a scene from Terminator. No word yet on where, when or how we might be able to see it if not on Fox. It will be screened at Comic Con and it will be on the DVD/Blu ray set as well. International markets (Sweden, UK, etc.) will have it on the air. And Fox hopefully too. Maybe they will kick off season 2 with

source

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-24-2009 22:30 ]

Yes SCI FI in the UK Just aired the first episode last Tuesday

Reply 93#93 spratt89's post

are they gonna put the ep up here?  I hope so!  

I've heard that fox didn't air the eps in the order joss meant them to be.  anybody know what order they were in originally?

[ Last edited by Mercuriel1 at 5-27-2009 16:56 ]

Reply 91#91 carlorica's post

I see.  thanks

Epitaph One is out on bittorrent right now.

Reply 96#96 gyki98's post

I have only just got my computer up and running again and i am downloading it in AVI

Reply 97#97 codebreaker's post

i downloaded it but havent watched it.

Epitaph One

wow.whedon outdid himself again.great episode.i hope they continue from the Post-apocalyptic storyline.

Reply 99#99 gyki98's post

I have just downloaded Echo (Unaired Pilot) so i have now the two to watch later

Thread