Thread
Printable Version

Can't get shows to load

Can't get shows to load

Hi,

Could someone help me?  The past few days I've had real trouble getting shows to load and run, either the shows remain at 47% or 99% when initally loading or if they do load they keep freezing for ages at time then crashing.  I've tried watching the shows through RealPlayer and the same thing happens on that.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Firefox and RealPlayer and that didn't help either.  

Would someone be able to suggest anything else that I could try?

Cheers

Anna

P.S.  This site rocks!!!!

Hi Anna

I have been experiencing the same problem for the past few days also.... I thought it might be due to server peek times or something, but it doesn't seem to matter what time of the day... I was initially able to watch a few episodes no problem and now it just doesn't seem to work.

I'm a VIP member, so points are not an issue... very frustrating!

Any help here would be fantastic!

Many thanks
Lise

Hi Anna

I found this post from "shinny" that might help us both out:

Have you made sure your connection speed is correct and increased your timeout seconds? You can do so by:

1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens.
2. In the Category pane, click Connection.
3. Under Network Time-out, increase the time-out settings by 10 seconds.
4. Click OK.
5. Try to play the clip again.
6. If you still have problems, increase the time-out settings by another 10 seconds and try again. Keep trying until the clip plays or it becomes obvious that increasing the time-out settings will not resolve this problem. Increasing this time also increases the time you wait for a time-out message to appear.

I've already increased mine to 300/300 but will try doing 10 second increments to see if that makes a difference!!

Take care
Lise
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Treasure +10 Thanks for helping out another member :) 2-22-2009 20:57
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 Thanks for helping out another member :) 2-22-2009 20:57

Reply 3#3 lisecnz's post

Also, at the same option in Real Player, you can test your connection for optimal viewing.
Real Player - Tools menu - Preferences - Connection - Test Connection.

Thread