Printable Version

Broadband

Broadband

Who has the best value for money and speed

Do we compromise on speed for money
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

it depends what country you are?

in UK maximum 50mb but in japan or korea they can get up to 150MB broadband.

they have best speed

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Would you pay more for fast broadband or settle for the cheapest with a limit or the cheapest with unlimited download

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

That would depend on the limit -my one is free but limit 40GB monthly usage- based on consumption i use 30GB in a month so i always have 10GB spares extra stuff.

i would prefer cheapest with unlimited as long speed is reasonable 5-8 mb speed .

Reply 4#4 bala's post

My provider would charge £5 for 40GB but that would be no good for me

Mine isn't bad - especially considering I live in a really small town.  It says 150 miles from Toronto, that might be as the crow flies (or wherever the towers are), because last time I checked it was nearer to 380 miles.  It's not cheap up here, but the other option is dial-up, and I'd pay even more to avoid that again.

Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

The pleasure and horror of Uni, free and very fast internet but very bad for gaming.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 7#7 01torres's post

I would love something that fast the best so far

That's a great speed Torres!!

This is mine, at the moment:

Reply 10#10 shinny's post

Looking at the others mine is rubbish so i did a search and the one i have says no limit were the rest say unlimited* (*fair use)

I have unlimited use and I an sometimes using two or three computers on the same connection through my home network and have never had a problem.  My provider, Sympatico, offers a premium service that gives 19-20 Mb/s but I don't seem to need it.  I find most sites aren't fast enough to take advantage of the higher speeds anyhow.

[ Last edited by cshapiro at 3-1-2009 05:09 ]

A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 13#13 dognxtdoor's post

Is that your work or home computer Dan?
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

home
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 12#12 cshapiro's post

Yeh, mine service provider is the same. The next speed up from what I have is 7mb and then it's 24mb.

My service is unlimited also and includes, my telephone line rental, free local and national calls and free mobile calls to the meteor network.

Reply 13#13 dognxtdoor's post

That very good speed must cost you

This is at Uni, you get 2mb for free, i paid £70 for up to 10mb for the year, and £30 for an iptv, online storage and gaming package.
This is in Birmingham. At home in hereford i pay £26 a month for BTs top unlimited package, which rarely gets above 3mb, and is awful for gaming, particulary on consoles.

[ Last edited by joe200101 at 3-1-2009 12:44 ]
If Somethings Hard To Do Then Its Not Worth Doing- Homer Simpson

Reply 18#18 joe200101's post

that's quite expensive

why not use 2mb that enough watch tv shows

Reply 18#18 joe200101's post

I am also in Birmingham and i use Sky top package so i did a search on my post code and the best i can expect on ADSL is 4MB but as you can see from previous post the best i do get is 1MB

56 123
Thread