Thread
Printable Version

Broadband

Reply 19#19 bala's post

It sounds like Joe likes the extra MB for gaming.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 19#19 bala's post

I think you misunderstood. It's £100 one off payment for 12 months. For just the broadband it I'd £70, then for basic 2 mb it is free.
Also, codebreaker, I live just off broad street, which is why I think it is so fast
If Somethings Hard To Do Then Its Not Worth Doing- Homer Simpson

Reply 22#22 joe200101's post

The only way for me to get faster broadband is a cable company

Broadband

I started this back in February and i am still with Sky but they sent me a letter saying that they are increasing the speed up to 20 MB which annoyed me because i was only getting 1 MB. So i tried the router in every phone socket to see if i could improve the speed with no luck so i rang Sky and he tested the line and found no fault but he said that the exchange had been upgraded recently and after a few more test he informed me it was caped at 1024 KB which is 1 MB and he would report it to another team and they should ring me back within 72 hours. Two hours after the phone call i noticed my downloads were quicker so i did another speed test and was surprised at the new speed

Here is a log of the last few tests

Does anyone think Sky owe me a refund of some sort form capping my speed when i have been paying for max for two years
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

maybe it's because you download quite a lot

Reply 25#25 bala's post

What is 150 GB a month between friends unlimited should be unlimited. I cant believe the difference the speed makes what would take 2 hours now only takes 20 min

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

Well since your paying for it you should ask about that.

Well just dont say what you are downloading as Im sure they will ask how you can be downloading so much

ISP

Broadband is now waning here in Japan... Fiber Optic internet is now rising fast and more faster in speed than broadband but more economical.... that's why people are shifting fast to fiber optic. Dial Up however is still an option if someone opt to use it..... Bala was right. Broadband here goes up to 50 mbps. But your actual  speed will depend on your distance from the server location...

I have 50mb with Virgin Media

Reply 30#30 spratt89's post

How much of the 50 MB do you actually get and if you don't mind what does it cost

I not sure of the cost but I know that it uses quite a bit of the 50mb when I download things on occasion.

Reply 32#32 spratt89's post

Have you done a speed test recently and if so what is the best speed you have received

fiber optic has a maximum download of 100 Mbps and an upload of 50 Mbps...

Here's mine with my new ISP.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 5-6-2011 14:57 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 36#36 waterlilybarb's post

The Mod Police Are Watching You

Reply 27#27 bala's post

I had a reply from Sky apologizing for the poor download speed and are looking in to why it was so slow but because i received the unlimited usage part of the package are only offering a £10. 00 good will gesture but i feel insulted because i was only receiving about 25% of what the download speed should of been and with it being so slow if i was downloading 24 hours a day then what i could of downloaded was only 25%

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-30-2009 18:37 ]

Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

you should be but we all know they knew about it and wanted to cheat the customer - it happens all time with broadband in UK. Watchdog investigated this last year and found majority of broadband customer are not getting speed they were promised.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 2-28-2009 19:23  
This my latest one

Thread