Thread
Printable Version

The Tudors Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

As we near the end of the King's reign, the issue of historical accuracy is surely out of the window- JRM is still as yummy as before. But Catherine Howard is obnoxious. I want to wring her neck....
Costumes as lovely as ever- this is a show where I do not knit or do something else while watching. I want to see details and all.

True....... I cannot wait to see the last of Queen Catherine.

Great episode indeed. The heads thing was cruel indeed and some bits about the torture were quite scary in this episode. I will not miss Queen Catherine much- or Culpepper. I know that Lady Rochford plotted and was a part of the whole thing- but I felt sorry for her. But then she played a major part in Anne losing her head so... Karma I guess. But I do wonder- that childhood friend of Catherine, Joan. She survived it all and yet she had a great part in it too! If she hadn't come to court one has to wonder what might have been.
I guess from now on it is downhill for the King. He still looks WAY too good. (Not that I mind- but if we were historically accurate.... he'd be fat, stinky and quite ugly by now)

Well, we've finally reached the last wife. I find her story almost the saddest of them all- she wasn't even enjoy the marriage to the man she really loved, she died in childbirth and I have actually seen her grave. Sad too that apparently noone knows what happened to her child.
But the later we get in the show the more the reality and show drift apart- couldn't they have made Henry a BIT uglier? He's way too good looking yet. And looks way too young.

So...... we're done with Henry! It was a good show. It may not always have been historically accurate but it was entertaining.

Thread