Thread
Printable Version

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

To discuss the first season of Castle

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 9-5-2015 15:22 ]

Episode 1 (Pilot)

I have to say that this was a great pilot. They started out to get the attention of the viewer and they certainly did that. You just really want to dislike Castle, but you can't really. I actually didn't think I was going to like Nathan Fillion as a leading man but I do.

Episodes 2 and 3

I wasn't as crazy about episode 2. I'm not entirely sure why, but it was definitely not as good as the Pilot. However, by episode 3 it had that little sparkle back so I'm really looking forward to episode 4 now.

I like the relationship between Castle and his daughter. You have to wonder who is the Parent and who is the child

Episode 4

Well this is interesting episode loved the ending with becket coming to the reading of his book nicky heat

The season is getting back to the quality of the pilot.

The 2nd episode had a lot to live up to and it had to develop with him as a consultant where in the pilot the story revolved around his books.

I'm so glad that this was added to the site, can't wait till next week.

Well, I've already commented on the first few episodes in the General Discussion thread, so I'll begin with #4.  I liked it.  I, too, got a kick out of the detective showing up at Castle's book reading, and her objection (can you blame her?) over the character's name.  "Just think of the book titles...'In Heat'".

His mother is a hoot.  SO different from the uptight mother (inlaw) she played on Dharma & Greg - but highly entertaining.  His daughter is great too.  I like that, though he is seemingly quite an old-fashioned chauvinist in many ways, there are such strong females all around him.  I wonder if we'll ever meet his ex-wife (the mother of his daughter)?  I'm curious to see what kind of woman he married - though if we meet either of his exes, we'll get to see that.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Eps 4 was great. This is really a great show.

I love how he stirs things up with the detective at her job and makes fun of her but when she shows up at his place of work her does not know what to say or think. It almost looks like the two of them may hook up before the season ends.

Castle 1x05

i love murder acting between castle and detective in the apartment

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I'm liking this show more each week.  I thought Beckett finding Castle & his daughter playing laser tag (with his mother in that green mud mask) was rather funny.  It's nice to see that side of his character too...though I enjoy his "detective" skills as well.  

I don't know that I'd like to be the guy who now lives in the apartment were they were acting out the murder.  I might just see about a rent reduction (if I wasn't previously informed of a murder taking place in my home).
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 9#9 waterlilybarb's post

lol - regarding the rent reduction - so true!!

I think if i was beckette I would have fallen in love with castle if i walked in on the laser tag scene!!  I just love his family life and the mother is a riot!!

good "story" with this weeks case.  and it was nice to get some more back story on Beckette - it will be interesting if castle figures out something in regards to her mothers murder!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Episode 6 Always Buy Retail

I thought Kate making fun of Richard nickname was great

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

i thought his ex-wife was so funny

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Deep fried twinkie

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

i never tasted that?

have you?

Reply 14#14 bala's post

No but my kids had it as a mars bar but it sounds gross a chocolate bar dipped in batter

Episdoe 5

I think this was possibly my favourite episode so far. I really liked the interactions between Castle and Beckette. He clearly cares a lot about her because he wants to help her find out who killed her mother, although you just know she's going to be really annoyed with him, initially!!

The scene at Castle's apartment was just hilarious. He's like a big kid !!

Episode 6

I thought it was hilarious when they were all in the warehouse and wearing their bullet proof vests; They all had "police" on theirs and Castle had "Writer"

Episode 7 Home Is Where the Heart Stops

I like the way Castle played Beckett on the firing range

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yes but there better moment when suspect came running toward Castle in the car

Reply 18#18 bala's post

The only time he stayed in the car

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Exactly he can't win

but castle payback at auction was nice

Thread