Thread
Printable Version

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

3x08 Murder Most Fowl

You just knew that the rat Alexis was looking after would escape but the boyfriend took it well but i did like the scream at the end and how unfortunate for the bird watcher but lucky for the police

Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind

Another steller episode of castle.  Richard always brings his A-game.  Kinda weird to see Lyle Lobette(sp) but he fit the creepy MIB guy to a tee. hehe
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 38#38 arksongbird80's post

I am not enjoying this show as much as i did i don't find it amusing castle has become annoying

Reply 38#38 arksongbird80's post

I liked it too.  Lyle Lovett was a treat, but my favourite part was when Castle spoke Chinese & said it was from a TV show he used to love - shout out to Firefly!   I LOVE when he does that (or rather the writers are kind enough to do it).
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

3x08 Murder Most Fowl

Decent episode, liked how the murdered guy's invention saved the day

Reply 40#40 waterlilybarb's post

Lovett was very good as a MIB, and I agree that the Firefly reference was great , to my knowledge that is the second one in the series, and I forget what episode, but I think I caught a Buffy reference once also, but I could have been wrong about that one.

And I got me a signature, I think, I love the line
Quote:
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...
[ Last edited by sanggye at 11-18-2010 20:42 ]

Reply 42#42 sanggye's post

LOL! Love it!  He referenced Firefly in one where he was showing old Halloween costumes (can't remember if he actually used the costume or just tried it on - who doesn't love a real, live space cowboy? ), and I think in another one as well.  I never watched Buffy, so I wouldn't catch those references.

Reply 43#43 waterlilybarb's post

He wore the costume, and Alexis made a comment like 'didn't you wear that 6 years ago' ,  That was the halloween episode last  year, and was so full of references to various actor's previous works, it was almost a tribute show
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

3x09 Close Encounters Of The Murderous Kind

I thought this was an amusing episode with Castle and all his alien jokes but the MIB abducting them both was the icing on the cake

Reply 44#44 sanggye's post

I enjoy when they - as long as it's done in a cheeky way, and not done to death.  I used to get a kick out of how they used to do it on Boston Legal.

Last Call

I thought castle would buy the Old Haunt. I hope they incorporate his new business in future episodes.

He cried over a bottle of Scotch.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 47#47 arksongbird80's post

Yeah but secret passage way got castle baffled

Reply 48#48 bala's post

Like the scotch, the story and Becket's one-liners.
Quote:
He says, son, can you play me a memory? I’m not really sure how it goes, But it’s sad and it’s sweet and I knew it complete when I wore a younger man’s clothes

Reply 47#47 arksongbird80's post

26 grand for a 135 year old Scotch was crazy but Castle smelling the empty bottle was amusing

Reply 49#49 sanggye's post

I DID love them all singing that song.

im mid way through season 1 and its lightly amusing a very odd combination i love his bullet proof vest classic that really made me giggle
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 50#50 babysexylexy's post

I found the 1st season to be nice, in some ways there is a lot of intelligence in the scripts, and like I said before the relationship between Castle and his daughter is fantastic

reply 51#51 sanggye's post

i havent finished watching the first season yet i think i have 2 more episodes, to me the show reminds me a little of chuck i know that chuck is a spy and castle is a writer but i find the "stay in the car" reference similar because they both would always get in trouble but slowly have become usful and the humour is a little silly but nice which i like and they both like the leading ladies

finished watching all of season 1 really liked the show and yes i like the father daughter relationship i like the whole dynamic of castle the dausghter and his mother i think he is wacky in a kind way the daughter is older for her years but still young when it comes to boys which is so cute and his mother is theatrically excentric but not cringe worthy i think they all balance each other out

his bullet proof vest just makes me laugh

Thread