Thread
Printable Version

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 66#66 codebreaker's post

Yes this was a great episode with one step closer to finding out who killed the mother . The kiss was a surprise but he had an opportunity at her apartment when she asked him why he still here to tell her but didn't take it.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

You know if they put them together as a real couple they wouldn't be allowed to work together, and it would probably ruin the chemistry of the show.  I knew there was a kiss in this epi and figured it would be worked in as a cover, so that didn't surprise me.  I DID really like how we got closer to finding out who killed Beckett's mother, and that a police cover-up is part of it because that will definitely make an impact into how we view any new characters (especially high up cops) introduced on the show,
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 68#68 waterlilybarb's post

Well he not a cop he a consultant

Reply 69#69 bala's post

It doesn't matter.  Cops aren't allowed to have a romantic relationship with anyone who they work with in any partner type relationship (including consultants) because it could put others in danger.  Realistically, people think of those they love first and try to save them - which would be bad in that line of work.  They would have to give up working together so closely if they chose to pursue a romantic relationship.

Also, just like with Bones - TV writers know that when you lose the sexual tension between the lead characters (especially if that's one of the main attractions of the show), you tend to lose viewers and the show winds up getting cancelled.

Reply 70#70 waterlilybarb's post

Ok i thought applicable fellow cops since didn't Becket work that guy who was also a cop she dated ?.

Reply 71#71 bala's post

Cops can date other cops, they just can't be partners on the job.  That's why she could date the other guy.

Reply 72#72 waterlilybarb's post

You are 100% correct Barb.  It would be a shame if the writers put the two of them together (and it has been done, that's why we know viewers are lost.  But sometimes writers are stupid and think that this show will be different.)  

You know something I miss from this season is the card games.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 72#72 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks for clearing that up

Lucky Stiff

Well they really avoid putting Becket and Castle in situation i love it when she took his Ferrari  .

Reply 75#75 bala's post

How unlucky for the guy with the blue face but who would of thought the lottery winner stole the original winning ticket

Reply 76#76 codebreaker's post

Yes it shame but lottery winners always end up dead for some reason

The Final Nail

Wow the fact murder of the wife was not done on purpose but the murder of his dad was plan by him was great.

Reply 78#78 bala's post

In a round about way they were both right he may not of killed his wife but arranging his father murder so Beckett was right about him being a killer and Castle was right about him not killing his wife

Reply 79#79 codebreaker's post

Yes it was nice that the both were right
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

i thought castle and beckett would be getting it together by now after all they did kiss i know it was a cover but come on they show writers are such teasers
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 81#81 babysexylexy's post

Well they have,  remember Bones it's taken 5 years for that they still stretching that out

reply 82#82 bala's post

yes but we have had a taste of them, i suppose it will be wort the wait
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 83#83 babysexylexy's post

They are not going to get together, this has been discussed.

Episode 1: Deep In Death

This was a good start to season 2, I found the opening to this episode with Castle taking part in a photo shoot hysterical, I liked seeing Castle & Beckett bicker almost the entire episode, the scene of Castle going undercover at an underground Poker Game was intense but the scene when Beckett turned up at the poker game in a hot dress was brilliant, I thought Beckett did a pretty good Russian accent, my favourite scenes were at the end when Alexis and Castle had a conversation which was followed by Castle saying sorry to Beckett, I look forward to seeing what happens with the storyline revolving around Beckett's mums murder.

Episode 2: The Double Down

This was a very good episode, I loved the opening to this episode with Castle eating popcorn while watching a a big scuffle between women take place, I found the scene of Castle staring at Lanie who was wearing a sexy dress to the crime scene funny, the scene when Kevin spat on his hand and then put it on top of Castle & Esposito's hands was hysterical, I could not stop laughing for the first half of this episode because Castle & Beckett and Esposito & Kevin were competing with each other to see who could solve their respected case first only to find out they were connected making the bet null and void, I was left disappointed by how the cases ended.

Thread