Thread
Printable Version

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 3: Inventing The Girl

This was a really good episode, It was evil of Castle to leave Alexis alone to practice lines with Martha, the scene of Castle meeting a model called Rina was good because Castle couldn’t remember who she was, I loved both the look on Castle's face and his reaction to learning Rina used to babysit Alexis, I did not see the ending to the case coming when it turned out Travis killed his own wife over a misunderstanding, my favourite scene was at the end when Castle got Alexis & Rina to hang out together, Julian Sands did a pretty good job of playing the heartless Fashion Designer Teddy Farrow.

Episode 4: Fool Me Once

This was a great episode in my opinion, I loved the look on Castle's face when he met Dylan the new Violin teacher, I found the scene when Patty Schultz said how the victim Steven Fletcher conned her out of $60,000 funny, I think Alexis overacted to Castle having Dylan checked out, I liked all the many twists that took place in this case which is why I never expected Sue Vaughn to be the killer, my favourite scene was also near the end when Beckett was caught in the toilets reading Heat Wave, the scene near the end when Castle said to Alexis “Be patient with me, I've never had a teenage daughter before” was brilliant.

Episode 5: When the Bough Breaks

This was quite a good episode, It was mean of Beckett, Esposito & Kevin not giving Castle a straight answer about the case when he arrived at the crime scene, the Heat Wave Book Release Party scenes were OK, I thought it was sweet of Castle to dedicate the Heat Wave Book to Beckett and the guys at the 12th Precinct, I took a stab in the dark and guessed Dr. Cameron Talbot was the killer and I was right for once, my favourite scene was when Teodor Hajek met Zane his son for the first time, I loved the ending to this episode with Castle & Beckett both getting the same news at the same time about Nikki Heat being given 3 more books.

Episode 6: Vampire Weekend

This was a good Halloween episode, I loved the reaction by Beckett when she saw a Stake sticking out the victims chest, I found the scene when Castle told Lanie not to take the stake out of the victims chest because he might come back to life funny, It was good seeing Castle act like a kid at that Halloween store, I liked the scene of Castle performing an evil laugh after talking with Alexis & Martha, I liked the twist when it turned out the Crow witnessed his mothers murder when he was 2, I guessed Janice Freeman was the killer as soon as Alan Freeman said Janice was the nanny when his first wife went missing, my favourite scene was the ending to this episode.

Episode 7: Famous Last Words

This was the best episode of season 2 so far in my opinion, It was great seeing Alexis help Castle on the Haley Blue murder case, I liked scenes of Castle & Beckett talking with Skye, I was impressed with how Castle found a bullet hole in the studio wall, It was very clever of Haley to leave clues to her murder & rape in her last song, I figured out Ian Busch was the killer seconds after Castle figured out what Haley's last song meant, my favourite scene was the ending of Castle, Beckett, Alexis & Martha watching Skye sing one of Haley's songs, I thought Erin Foster did an phenomenal job of playing Skye Blue.

Episode 8: Kill The Messenger

This was a very good episode, I loved the scene when Beckett spoke with Sally Niedermeyer while Castle, Esposito & Kevin sat on a couch with cats climbing over them, It was good to see Captain Roy Montgomery take a more active role in the case, I liked the scene of Jeff Dilahunt talking with Castle & Beckett the first time, the scene when Captain Montgomery stood up to Blake Wellesley was awesome, I never saw the twist in this case coming when it turned out Lenanne Wellesley had Olivia killed, the sub-plot about Martha reconnecting with old friends and her old high school sweetheart on my space was good.

Reply 73#73 sanggye's post

Yeh, they were good fun. I suppose when Stephen J. Cannell died last year they decided to drop that out of respect to him.

Episode 9: Love Me Dead

This was a great episode, I loved the scene when Castle got hit in the face during a bar fight, the scene when Jessup tried teaching Castle how to get out of handcuffs was brilliant, I liked the twist in the case when it turned out Scarlett Price who worked with the victim Jack Buckley was a call girl, It was fun watching Castle act all nervous about what Alexis told Beckett and not him, I never saw the second twist coming when it turned out Jack Buckley was a pimp, the best thing about this episode for me was of Scarlett fooling everybody into thinking she is a victim when in fact she is the mastermind behind everything, I loved the Jasper character.

Episode 10: One Man's Treasure

This was a really good episode, I liked the opening scene of Castle acting like a big kid by playing with a Toy Helicopter, It was a great twist when the victim Sam/Jack turned out to have a wife and a fiancée, the scene of Sarah & Helen arguing was good but would have been much better if we saw an actual cat-fight, I loved every signal twist that was revealed in this episode but I especially liked the twist about Sarah also being a plant but to stop Sam/Jack, the sub-plot about  Alexis taking a 3 day orientation course at the NYPD was good, my favourite scene by some distance was at the end when Alexis returned that book of pictures to its rightful owner.

Episode 11: The Fifth Bullet

This was a fantastic episode, I loved the look on Castle's face when he and Kevin found the missing 5th bullet stuck in a book that an amnesia victim was holding, I liked the scene when Castle got the amnesia victim to sigh his name, I found the scene when the crazy woman claimed to be J's other half funny, the scene of Beckett & Castle surprising Emma at J's apartment was funny, I'm glad J turned out to be innocent in the end, my favourite scene was of J and Emma getting back together even though J can't remember anything, the best thing about this episode for me was the amnesia victim J who was played very well by Marc Blucas.

Episode 12: A Rose For Ever After

This was an amazing episode, I could not stop laughing at the scene of Castle trying to get free from the chair he is duck taped to, I liked the conversation Beckett & Kyra had in the elevator, the scene when Castle & Shelia spoke briefly was funny but what was even funnier was when Beckett said to Castle “If everything had worked out you could have been Spending Thanking Giving with her”, my favourite scene was the last conversation Castle & Kyra had, the best thing about this episode however was the interaction between Castle and his ex girlfriend Kyra Blaine's characters, I really do hope Alyssa Milano makes another appearance as Kyra at some point.

Episode 13: Sucker Punch

This was a quite a good episode, I found the scene when Castle stuck a whole pickled egg into his mouth only to spit it out was funny as hell, the scene of Beckett & Castle talking with Finn Rourke the second time was intense, my favourite scene was when Dr. Clark Murray told Beckett that the man who killed the victim Jack Coonan was also the person who killed her mother 10 years earlier, I liked the scene of Beckett talking with her father Jim who gave out some very good advice, I absolutely loved the scene towards the end when Beckett tried to save her mothers killer Dick Coonan which was followed by Beckett & Castle having a touching conversation.

Set Up

Well that chemical alarm she was wearing was lucky and glad they were safe but what a clif hanger?

Reply 86#86 bala's post

I know, this is one hell of a double episode...
Can't wait to see how they are going to fix that.
Oh, and I can't stand that Homeland security guy, freaking out the mother like that
and getting Castle and Becket pushed aside like that.

But it was some great thinking of Castle and some bad thinking of Becket that got them into this situation.

[ Last edited by kellemanske at 2-22-2011 18:50 ]

Episode 14: The Third Man

This was a very good episode, I liked the scenes which built up to Beckett finding out about the post about Castle & Beckett in the NY Post, I found the scene of Beckett asking Lanie for help in finding a date funny, the scene of Mickey Carlson telling Castle & Beckett a story about what happened was both good and funny, I couldn’t stop laughing at the reaction by Castle when he found a dead body in a fridge, my favourite scenes were of Castle & Beckett both ending up at the same restaurant with their dates only for Castle & Beckett to then leave together to solve the case, the ending to this episode with Castle & Beckett talking about their dates was nice.

Episode 15: Suicide Squeeze

This was a pretty good episode, I liked the scene at the crime scene when Beckett & Esposito talked about their fathers taking them to see Baseball, the scene of Beckett acting star struck around Joe Torre the legendary baseball player was brilliant, I loved the scene when Beckett threatened to embarrass Mario Sanchez & Cuba if they did not hand over Lara, I guessed Lara was Cano Vega's daughter after hearing that letter Maggie Vega found, the scene of Maggie meeting and accepting Cano's daughter Lara into her family was touching, my favourite scene was when Castle and Alexis spoke about who Castle's mystery father might be.

I am left wondering if we will ever learn who Castle's mystery father is.

Episode 16: The Mistress Always Spanks Twice

I thought this was a great episode, I found the scene of Lanie talking about doing the whip cream bikini but not caramel while at the crime scene funny, the scene of Castle, Esposito & Kevin looking at a Dominatrix website had me in stitches because of what Beckett said, I loved the scene of Castle & Beckett visiting a Dominatrix dungeon together because Lady Irena made Castle uncomfortable, I couldn’t stop laughing at the scene of Esposito getting whipped by a Dominatrix for not undoing her shoes, the sub-plot involving Alexis trying to expand her lifestyle was OK, the ending with Kevin introducing everybody to Jenny was good and it was about time we met Jenny.

Episode 17: Tick, Tick, Tick

This was a fantastic episode to watch, I found it funny how Castle started to act like a big kid around all the FBI toys, I loved the scene when Castle used a taser gun to stop a suspect from escaping, I think Esposito & Kevin enjoyed themselves to much when asking Castle & Beckett some questions, the ending to this episode with Beckett's apartment blowing up with Castle watching from the street was jaw dropping, I didn’t like the Agent Jordan Shaw character but I did like interaction between Castle & Jordan Shaw's characters, I liked the sub-plot about Castle going on about Heat Wave being turned into a movie.

Reply 87#87 kellemanske's post

I hate cliffhanger's.  it is going to be interesting.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

I hate them too, but they keep things interesting And at least we don't have to wait too long.

Thread