Thread
Printable Version

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A Deadly Affair

A very good season opener when castle comes back from summer vacation forget call Becket she is annoyed but she managed to get payback when Castle is found with dead women and arrested castle and somehow we know castle he tries to get back on to investigation and the double shooting was great ending.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Great returning episode with Castle standing over a dead woman's body holding a gun! but what a difference in the double shooting that was shown at the start to the one at the end

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

That WAS a cool ending.  

I found it rather amusing that the whole precinct were so upset that Castle hadn't called or returned yet (almost like he broke up with them), especially when they saw he had a book signing coming up that week.   And seeing the cutout in the book store window - "He IS ruggedly handsome" - priceless!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

great season opener. and i totally agree with u barb it they were all acting like he broke up with them lol. especially the boys. i found the cold shoulder treatment from them very funny lol.
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

First season

Just started watching the other day, watched the pilot, went mmm, not bad.  Always been a big fan of Nathan from back when he was in Buffy then of course Firefly and DR Horrible...

I like the wit and interactions between Castle and almost everyone else.  My favorite is his and his daughter's relationship.  Guess I am an old softie, because I think it is one of the best portrayal of a single father and his child I have ever seen.

Reply 45#45 sanggye's post

The show just gets better the more you watch.   I'm a Nathan fan too, and LOVED Firefly (stupid network ).  I think you'll find it quite entertaining.

Reply 45#45 sanggye's post

Wait, nathan was in Buffy.  Who did he play??  How did I miss that.  I'm a firefly fan too!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 47#47 arksongbird80's post

According to wiki - he played Caleb on Buffy for 5 episodes in 2003.

BTW, I JUST saw Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, in which Nathan played Captain Hammer.  I found it highly entertaining.   Neil Patrick Harris (our own Barney Stinson from HIMYM) was Dr. Horrible.  Joss Whedon needs to do more.  It made me miss his unique view on things, and how they can be portrayed in entertainment.  I know he's directing The Avengers, but I miss him on TV.       

Reply 48#48 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks waterlily!  I really missed that.  I was a  huge buffy fan, but maybe i misssed him because he wasn't a big name yet.

Glad he's on Castle now....   

3x02 He's Dead. She's Dead

Good episode When a famous psychic is murdered but were the letter that arrives from the victim really from her and her daughters message for Beckett was amusing considering it was Castle real middle name

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

When I saw the title and the info, I was a bit confused cause I had just watched an episode of the mentalist and I thought that the missing psychic had been found dead, but then I realized that it were two complete different shows.
The thing with Alexander was funny and the episode was build very good

Under The Gun

Good episode, watching Castle still get jealous, the ex-wife isn't going to last.  And again, I have to say that the interactions between Castle and his daughter are just wonderful.

Reply 8#8 sanggye's post

Yes it nice to see they still include i was worried there were write her out as series progressed but they didn't. The tombstone was nice clue

Reply 8#8 sanggye's post

Alexis has a great relationship with her father and the way she manipulated him for a scooter was impressive but it was a shame that Beckett friend was involved

Punked

All I gotta say is....88 miles per hour!!!

AWESOME.

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

Good episode, it made me wish  I lived in a city again and find a steampunk club.  The testing of the guns was great

3x04

loved this episode. was so funny how castle was trying to deal with lexie being in love. dont like becketts new guy, i know we only saw him for like 45 secs but still dont like him lol. loved the prank with the wheelchair lol
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

3x04 Punked

Castle going through all the possible choices of Beckett's underwear was amusing, Esposito was having a bad day and Castle's Back to the Future theory was amusing

3x05 Anatomy of a Murder

Interesting twist, a couple of separate crimes.  Like the look of semi-realization on Castle's face at the end when Becket says she would get him out.

Reply 15#15 sanggye's post

Yes this was a good episode but we got castle and his ex-wife actually have a good time-wasn't sure if they hook up after the balloon incident?.

Thread