40 12
Thread
Printable Version

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 9: Love Me Dead

This was a great episode, I loved the scene when Castle got hit in the face during a bar fight, the scene when Jessup tried teaching Castle how to get out of handcuffs was brilliant, I liked the twist in the case when it turned out Scarlett Price who worked with the victim Jack Buckley was a call girl, It was fun watching Castle act all nervous about what Alexis told Beckett and not him, I never saw the second twist coming when it turned out Jack Buckley was a pimp, the best thing about this episode for me was of Scarlett fooling everybody into thinking she is a victim when in fact she is the mastermind behind everything, I loved the Jasper character.

Episode 10: One Man's Treasure

This was a really good episode, I liked the opening scene of Castle acting like a big kid by playing with a Toy Helicopter, It was a great twist when the victim Sam/Jack turned out to have a wife and a fiancée, the scene of Sarah & Helen arguing was good but would have been much better if we saw an actual cat-fight, I loved every signal twist that was revealed in this episode but I especially liked the twist about Sarah also being a plant but to stop Sam/Jack, the sub-plot about  Alexis taking a 3 day orientation course at the NYPD was good, my favourite scene by some distance was at the end when Alexis returned that book of pictures to its rightful owner.

Episode 11: The Fifth Bullet

This was a fantastic episode, I loved the look on Castle's face when he and Kevin found the missing 5th bullet stuck in a book that an amnesia victim was holding, I liked the scene when Castle got the amnesia victim to sigh his name, I found the scene when the crazy woman claimed to be J's other half funny, the scene of Beckett & Castle surprising Emma at J's apartment was funny, I'm glad J turned out to be innocent in the end, my favourite scene was of J and Emma getting back together even though J can't remember anything, the best thing about this episode for me was the amnesia victim J who was played very well by Marc Blucas.

Episode 12: A Rose For Ever After

This was an amazing episode, I could not stop laughing at the scene of Castle trying to get free from the chair he is duck taped to, I liked the conversation Beckett & Kyra had in the elevator, the scene when Castle & Shelia spoke briefly was funny but what was even funnier was when Beckett said to Castle “If everything had worked out you could have been Spending Thanking Giving with her”, my favourite scene was the last conversation Castle & Kyra had, the best thing about this episode however was the interaction between Castle and his ex girlfriend Kyra Blaine's characters, I really do hope Alyssa Milano makes another appearance as Kyra at some point.

Episode 13: Sucker Punch

This was a quite a good episode, I found the scene when Castle stuck a whole pickled egg into his mouth only to spit it out was funny as hell, the scene of Beckett & Castle talking with Finn Rourke the second time was intense, my favourite scene was when Dr. Clark Murray told Beckett that the man who killed the victim Jack Coonan was also the person who killed her mother 10 years earlier, I liked the scene of Beckett talking with her father Jim who gave out some very good advice, I absolutely loved the scene towards the end when Beckett tried to save her mothers killer Dick Coonan which was followed by Beckett & Castle having a touching conversation.

Episode 14: The Third Man

This was a very good episode, I liked the scenes which built up to Beckett finding out about the post about Castle & Beckett in the NY Post, I found the scene of Beckett asking Lanie for help in finding a date funny, the scene of Mickey Carlson telling Castle & Beckett a story about what happened was both good and funny, I couldn’t stop laughing at the reaction by Castle when he found a dead body in a fridge, my favourite scenes were of Castle & Beckett both ending up at the same restaurant with their dates only for Castle & Beckett to then leave together to solve the case, the ending to this episode with Castle & Beckett talking about their dates was nice.

Episode 15: Suicide Squeeze

This was a pretty good episode, I liked the scene at the crime scene when Beckett & Esposito talked about their fathers taking them to see Baseball, the scene of Beckett acting star struck around Joe Torre the legendary baseball player was brilliant, I loved the scene when Beckett threatened to embarrass Mario Sanchez & Cuba if they did not hand over Lara, I guessed Lara was Cano Vega's daughter after hearing that letter Maggie Vega found, the scene of Maggie meeting and accepting Cano's daughter Lara into her family was touching, my favourite scene was when Castle and Alexis spoke about who Castle's mystery father might be.

I am left wondering if we will ever learn who Castle's mystery father is.

Episode 16: The Mistress Always Spanks Twice

I thought this was a great episode, I found the scene of Lanie talking about doing the whip cream bikini but not caramel while at the crime scene funny, the scene of Castle, Esposito & Kevin looking at a Dominatrix website had me in stitches because of what Beckett said, I loved the scene of Castle & Beckett visiting a Dominatrix dungeon together because Lady Irena made Castle uncomfortable, I couldn’t stop laughing at the scene of Esposito getting whipped by a Dominatrix for not undoing her shoes, the sub-plot involving Alexis trying to expand her lifestyle was OK, the ending with Kevin introducing everybody to Jenny was good and it was about time we met Jenny.

Episode 17: Tick, Tick, Tick

This was a fantastic episode to watch, I found it funny how Castle started to act like a big kid around all the FBI toys, I loved the scene when Castle used a taser gun to stop a suspect from escaping, I think Esposito & Kevin enjoyed themselves to much when asking Castle & Beckett some questions, the ending to this episode with Beckett's apartment blowing up with Castle watching from the street was jaw dropping, I didn’t like the Agent Jordan Shaw character but I did like interaction between Castle & Jordan Shaw's characters, I liked the sub-plot about Castle going on about Heat Wave being turned into a movie.

Episode 18: Boom

This was an excellent conclusion to Tick Tick Tick episode, I like how this episode started off with some light humour between Castle & Beckett, the scene of Beckett chasing after the unsub was good, It was a little funny when Beckett slammed the van door on Castle's face, I really liked the scene of Beckett getting caught by Martha & Castle making breakfast, I swear Castle is becoming more like a cop with every episode that passes and I say that because it was Castle who figured out where the unsub Scott Dunn would be watching from when the FBI came to rescue Agent Shaw, my favourite scene was when Castle shot the gun out of Scott Dunn's hand.

Episode 19: Wrapped Up In Death

This was a very good episode, the scenes of Beckett, Esposito & Kevin making Castle think he was cursed was hilarious but my personal favourite prank was when they messed with his chair causing it to break when he sat down, I liked the scene when Beckett checked out Castle's butt as he walked away, my favourite scene was when Castle asked Beckett to watch out for Alexis if anything ever happened to him, I loved the ending to the case when Stanford Raynes tried to escape but ended up falling down a flight of stairs, I would love to know what Cacaw Te told Castle to do to get rid of the Mummy's curse.

Episode 20: The Late Shaft

This was a great episode, I liked the comment Beckett made about Castle's ego being 10 times bigger on TV, I thought Beckett's attitude towards Castle when he believed Bobby Mann was murdered was rude but Castle got the last laugh so to speak as he was right, I guessed Ellie Monroe was getting close to Castle just to get the lead in the Heat Wave movie, the reaction by Castle after learning Howard Weisberg was also sleeping with Ellie Monroe has hilarious, I can honestly say I didn’t expect Hank McPhee to be the killer, my favourite scene was when Beckett had ago at Castle for having another date with Ellie not knowing his date is with Alexis.

Episode 21: Den Of Thieves

This was a good episode, I liked the start when we saw Beckett working out while Castle played cards with Alexis, I kind of saw the twist coming when it turned out Esposito's old partner Isaac was still alive, I loved the scene of Beckett & Demming working out/fighting while Castle, Esposito & Kevin searched Demming's locker, the scene when Esposito introduced Castle & Kevin to Isaac as his partners was good, my favourite scene was the ending, I like the Det. Demming character and hopefully having him around will force Castle into acting on his feelings for Beckett, It was great to see Esposito get some character development in this episode.

Episode 22: Food To Die For

This was a great episode in my opinion, I found the reaction by M.E. Sidney Perlmutter when Castle got in the way at the crime scene funny, the scene of Castle & Beckett interrogating Sandra Meyers was extremely funny at times, I liked the fact Beckett was jealous of Castle & Madison while Castle was jealous of Beckett & Demming, the scene of Castle freezing stuff in Liquid Nitrogen at home and outlining his plan to take over the world was hilarious, my favourite scene was the conversation Castle & Beckett had towards the end of this episode, I found the sub-plot involving Alexis completely boring.

Episode 23: Overkill

This was a good episode, I liked the scenes of Castle, Esposito & Kevin fantasizing over shaving cream during this episode, I found it funny how Castle assumed Beckett was dating Demming, the best thing about this episode for me was how Castle tried to compete with Demming in solving the case, I have to admit I never would of come to the conclusion that both Blake & Lisa had a part in killing the victim, the scene of Castle catching Beckett & Demming kissing was heartbreaking because of the look on Castle's face, my favourite scene was right at the start when Alexis gave Castle her opinion on his new book and the new character Slemming.

Episode 24: A Deadly Game

This was a great season finale, I loved the main storyline about espionage/fake espionage but it got slightly overshadowed by the sub-plot in my opinion, the scene of Beckett & Castle talking with Hans Brauer the first time was intense, the scene when Castle let Beckett know the current case would be their last case together was a tear jerker, it was good to see Castle host one of his Poker Games as it has been ages since the last one, my favourite scene was the ending when Castle left with his ex wife Gina which left Beckett standing in the hallway alone while Captain Montgomery, Lanie, Esposito & Kevin watched everything unfold, I found the minor sub-plot involving Alexis good.

I've only just completed season 3, boy did I fall behind on this show

Reply 603#603 bala's post

I thought that after the first season if I remember

I have to say that even though this show has allot of filler episodes they are all worth it when you get to a great episode like the 2 parter I'm currently watching when Alexis and her friend were kidnapped and ended up in Paris

I've just finished season 6, I'm looking forward to catching up on this show before Christmas but I have allot of other shows to watch before I go and watch season 7

40 12
Thread