Thread
Printable Version

Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, I've already commented on the first few episodes in the General Discussion thread, so I'll begin with #4.  I liked it.  I, too, got a kick out of the detective showing up at Castle's book reading, and her objection (can you blame her?) over the character's name.  "Just think of the book titles...'In Heat'".

His mother is a hoot.  SO different from the uptight mother (inlaw) she played on Dharma & Greg - but highly entertaining.  His daughter is great too.  I like that, though he is seemingly quite an old-fashioned chauvinist in many ways, there are such strong females all around him.  I wonder if we'll ever meet his ex-wife (the mother of his daughter)?  I'm curious to see what kind of woman he married - though if we meet either of his exes, we'll get to see that.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I'm liking this show more each week.  I thought Beckett finding Castle & his daughter playing laser tag (with his mother in that green mud mask) was rather funny.  It's nice to see that side of his character too...though I enjoy his "detective" skills as well.  

I don't know that I'd like to be the guy who now lives in the apartment were they were acting out the murder.  I might just see about a rent reduction (if I wasn't previously informed of a murder taking place in my home).

Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

I'm pretty sure it was too.  I checked out the discussion boards on the ABC site, and it seems that, though they were supposed to air 13 episodes, they only taped 10.  

I hope it comes back because it's been getting better with each episode, and it deserves a full season for a proper assessment to be made.

Reply 8#8 carlorica's post

It does seem like Beckett is changing her mind regarding her mother's case.  I think it would be interesting if they explored that.  It would give us more insight into Beckett.  It reminds me a little of Jordan's situation re: her mother's case on Crossing Jordan, but Beckett isn't obsessed like Jordan was, and she has a very different personality.

Reply 50#50 kwargalla's post

I hear ya' Kim!  Glad it's back with new epis though.

Reply 55#55 carlorica's post

It isn't the season finale.  It's just a 2 part episode.  The 2nd part airs Monday.

Castle didn't cause the explosion.  He was calling to warn Beckett that they didn't have the serial killer when the explosion went off.

Kim - you're such a smarty!

Reply 69#69 codebreaker's post

I agree.  I think him scaring himself was pretty funny - and lying on the elavator floor, priceless.

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

That WAS a cool ending.  

I found it rather amusing that the whole precinct were so upset that Castle hadn't called or returned yet (almost like he broke up with them), especially when they saw he had a book signing coming up that week.   And seeing the cutout in the book store window - "He IS ruggedly handsome" - priceless!

Reply 45#45 sanggye's post

The show just gets better the more you watch.   I'm a Nathan fan too, and LOVED Firefly (stupid network ).  I think you'll find it quite entertaining.

Reply 47#47 arksongbird80's post

According to wiki - he played Caleb on Buffy for 5 episodes in 2003.

BTW, I JUST saw Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, in which Nathan played Captain Hammer.  I found it highly entertaining.   Neil Patrick Harris (our own Barney Stinson from HIMYM) was Dr. Horrible.  Joss Whedon needs to do more.  It made me miss his unique view on things, and how they can be portrayed in entertainment.  I know he's directing The Avengers, but I miss him on TV.       

Reply 38#38 arksongbird80's post

I liked it too.  Lyle Lovett was a treat, but my favourite part was when Castle spoke Chinese & said it was from a TV show he used to love - shout out to Firefly!   I LOVE when he does that (or rather the writers are kind enough to do it).

Reply 42#42 sanggye's post

LOL! Love it!  He referenced Firefly in one where he was showing old Halloween costumes (can't remember if he actually used the costume or just tried it on - who doesn't love a real, live space cowboy? ), and I think in another one as well.  I never watched Buffy, so I wouldn't catch those references.

Reply 44#44 sanggye's post

I enjoy when they - as long as it's done in a cheeky way, and not done to death.  I used to get a kick out of how they used to do it on Boston Legal.

Reply 49#49 sanggye's post

I DID love them all singing that song.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

You know if they put them together as a real couple they wouldn't be allowed to work together, and it would probably ruin the chemistry of the show.  I knew there was a kiss in this epi and figured it would be worked in as a cover, so that didn't surprise me.  I DID really like how we got closer to finding out who killed Beckett's mother, and that a police cover-up is part of it because that will definitely make an impact into how we view any new characters (especially high up cops) introduced on the show,

Reply 69#69 bala's post

It doesn't matter.  Cops aren't allowed to have a romantic relationship with anyone who they work with in any partner type relationship (including consultants) because it could put others in danger.  Realistically, people think of those they love first and try to save them - which would be bad in that line of work.  They would have to give up working together so closely if they chose to pursue a romantic relationship.

Also, just like with Bones - TV writers know that when you lose the sexual tension between the lead characters (especially if that's one of the main attractions of the show), you tend to lose viewers and the show winds up getting cancelled.

Reply 71#71 bala's post

Cops can date other cops, they just can't be partners on the job.  That's why she could date the other guy.

Reply 123#123 munch's post

I thought it was a good ending too.  I, too, think it was a setup.  There are some very thin vests now, so it's possible she was wearing one.  There's no way she's dead.  She's one of the main characters, but I'm sorry Montgomery had to go.  I liked him.  Wonder who the new captain will be & if he or she will tolerate Castle as easily (or ar all) in the squad room?

Castle Cancelled

Well, the season finale next week will now be the series finale. I'm kind of glad they're not continuing without Stana, as Beckett and Castle as a couple is a huge part of the show dynamic, but I'm sad to see it end.

Castle Cancelled

Thread