26 12
Thread
Printable Version

CSI Season 7-15 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #1 bala's post

I've still got a few episodes to go before I get to the end.  Its good to know you watch CSI Vegas.  I now know I have something intriguing to look forward to in the season finale.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

CSI VEGAS SEASON 7 SPOILERS MAY BE INCLUDED

FOR ALL YOUR VIEWS AND COMMENTS ON SEASON 7 - POST HERE.

Reply #7 hooofhearted's post

It was a bit of an eyeopener for the rest of the team when the penny finally dropped.  I'm looking forward to next season.  Talk about a cliffhanger!

Reply #10 bala's post

But for what happened to Sarah, they would have kept things to themselves.  They are the most private people in the whole show.

Reply #14 5p1k3's post

Send the links to me in a pm - it should be ok but I'll check them just in case

Season finale

I'm guessing most people who watch CSI have seen this finale.  There are a few previous posts which show that.

What did you think of it.  Did it live upto previous seasons endings?  Will it have you panting for season 8?  How will the rest of the team be now that Grissoms secret is out?

VIEWS HERE PLEASE

By the way, I'm feeling generous so points are available.

Reply #20 5p1k3's post

Personally  cant wait for season 8.  If you remember when Catherine found out that Warwick was married she didnt take it too well at first.  She's liable to blow a gasket now she's found out about Sarah & Grissom.  I think the reactions of the CSI's at finding out about Sarah compared to when Nick was taken just shows she is still very much on the outside.

The thing I find quite intriguing about Sarahs accident and the miniature that goes with it is the fact that they really do mimic each other, I mean the miniature with the hand peaking out from under the car and the movement it has, Sarah is doing excatly the same!

Reply #25 5p1k3's post

It seems this really is a case of life imitating art or even art imitating life.  It was an interesting premise having it in the show.  I guess it proves there is just as much realism in the rest of the show not just the forensics.

Reply #2 bala's post

Well, I've watched it and phew!  Its a good job that girl still had her senses about her.  To have the presence of mind to not panic with all that rain not to mention the coyote.  

In the last episode of the previous season we couldnt see the position of her left arm to know that it was trapped the way it was.  With all the rain, it softened the ground so she could get her right arm free but her left arm was on the rock.  I guess ultimately it was the weather that saved her.  But for the rain, she wouldnt have been able to get out.

I agree she did a great job making a bandana and a sling for her arm.  In her situation I might have attempted to make the sling but to think ahead about the sun and protect my head, that girl sure has the fighting spirit.  

My method for keeping my brain going wouldnt have been to do my multiplication tables though, I'd have been singing every song I knew.  I guess it shows she's more of a geek than I am choosing maths over music.

All in all I enjoyed the episode and look forward to the remainder of the season with all the team intact.

Reply #2 bala's post

The reason she didnt stay near the car is because if she did, then she would be certain to die there as no one knew where she was and it would be more unlikely to  be discovered accidently.  She still stood a chance of dying by doing what she did, but she gave herself better odds as by leaving the car, she may have been able to get to a road which ultimately she did as Nick & Sofia spotted her whie they were driving.

Reply #8 BlkDrgn28's post

Well I've just watched episode 2.  There were some tantalising insights into Grissom & Saras' relationship.  Most telling was when they both thought their relationship had begun.  It made me laugh when Greg told Nick that he knew about them before he was told, and to see them all at the go-kart track like big kids on an outing also brought a smile to my face too.

They seem to have given Warricks divorce (impending?) the same treatment they gave to him getting married in the first place, a very cursory mention.  Does this mean the way is clear for something to happen between him and Catherine?  I'd guess not as we've just found out the rules prohibit it.

The way the episode started and then finished does seem to be clearing a path for us not seeing as much of Sara as might have been.  If she does leave, what will that do to the dynamic of the remainig team.  Could this be why Greg is being featured more prominently? Time will tell.

Episode 3

Well I've watched episode 3 and for me it was abit hmmm.  It didnt seem like a proper CSI Vegas episode.  I dont know why.  The whole thing with the Bee, maybe I just missed the subtlety of it, it went completely over my head.  As for the new CSI, Saras' new partner or should I say replacement in light of the news this week about her impending departure.  There was absolutely no preamble to her introduction.

I dont get if Catherine & Warwick discovered the body in the late evening why it took Sara & Roni such a long time to process the body.  As for the  Reverend (Michael from LOST.  We now know where he got to ).  It was a strange thing for him to be essentially innocent of what he was accused of then go and do what he did.

All in all, this was a less satisfactory episode for me.  It didnt seem as coherent or fluid as others.

Reply #15 5p1k3's post

Your summary of what happened in this episode was spot on.  It was a rather "human" episode.  Crimes were solved but the "perp" wasnt brought to justice as is usual.  To top it all we have the heartwarming revelation between our two main characters.  It does beg the question whether there will be a happy ending if all the recent press is to be believed.

Reply #19 5p1k3's post

It was a bit of a strange episode perfect as it was halloween I guess.  I missed Warwick & Nick and we saw too little of the lovely Grissom.  As for Sara, everytime I see her now, I'm just looking to see what exit strategy they are setting up for her.  First it was her getting engaged to Grissom, (nothing mentioned about that this week) then she doesnt like the rise in the murder rate since she arrived.  I gotta tell her its not her fault .

If she does get hitched to Grissom and leaves the job/show, I wonder what they'll have her doing and will she come back and guest star sometime?

Reply #22 5p1k3's post

It was a good episode, not quite what I was expecting though.  I had thought that there would be more characters form Without A Trace like when they went down to Miami.  It would have been interesting to then watch Without A Trace and see the episode from the other side so to speak.

Grissom really seemed to be studying the FBI agent Jack Malone. It was like he was saying what do you think to our methods.  I also thought it was interesting that Grissom asked how Malones interoffice relationship had worked out.  Normally it wouldnt have been a subject he would have broached never mind be interested in.

I dont think they are being too subtle about Sara and her leaving.  She's probably the happiest shes ever been in her personal life but they seem to want to give her a bit of a melt/breakdown in her professional life.  It seems a bit out of character to me but I guess its better than having her go back on the booze.

One more thing, does anyone feel Warwick is being marginalised.  He doesnt seem to have featured too much in the preceding episodes.  Is he in contract talks or something?  I had read, here I think, that they were planning a meltdown storyline for him as a result of his divorce but maybe I dreamt that.

Reply #26 01torres's post

So they finally got rid of her, they took their time.  They did it by using all her pet peeves.  Domestic abuse and the evil child monster genius from hell.  Its a shame they didnt let her defeat her nemesis, that would have been a good note to go out on rather than the whole things are getting me down thing.  I always thought Sara was a flawed character but I thought she was stronger than that.  Nick was buried alive while being stung by fire ants - you dont see him driving of into the desert.

I know Grissom has been rather loved up lately but surely he would have noticed the change in her and brought it up before now.  His poor little face while he was reading her letter, he did look rather stunned, though not a stunned as Hodges when she kissed him - priceless.

ps: I know there are budgeting cuts but surely Ronnie has her own CSI vest, they dont have to recycle Saras:  And regarding the evershrinking role of Warwick, I guess they're just saving him up for later.  There was the allusion to him not sleeping but not the why.

[ Last edited by  trulee at 11-16-2007 18:29 ]

Reply 33#33 5p1k3's post

Luckily I had glimpsed the posts by Bala and 5p1k3 before I watched this episode. I still did the "Oh no" about Archie though.  I guess they wanted to lighten the mood after last weeks sad departure of Sara.  

Hodges is becoming more and more hilarious.  Lets hope they never make him a field agent, it would be a waste.  

Glad we got to see a bit more of Warwick this week though I was a bit worried when he said he wanted to go play Blackjack.  I was like is this the start of his decline what with him taking energy drinks and not being able to sleep.

As  for doing a game, well I guess it can be looked into for the future.

Reply 27#27 sukimuki's post

If you mean Sara, as far as we know she is away sorting out her head and laying her ghosts to rest.

Preview

I just watch a preview of episode 9 on the CBS site and it finally looks like its Warwicks turn to be under the microscope.  He looks like he's gone to a dark place and I'm not sure if he can get back from it. Ooh I cant wait.

Reply 34#34 trulee's post

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, poor Warwick.  He really seems to have fallen into a bit of a hole.  Usually so levelheaded since he put his gambling addiction behind him, the collapse of his impromptu marriage really has gotten the better of him. His judgement seems to have gone out off the window.

26 12
Thread