74 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Guess i am only excited about this

4 90 minutes Gilmore Girls episodes that's my Sunday sorted

Barbs thought you would first out with pom-pom on this guess i was wrong

i am guessing your worried it won't live up to original

Reply 62#62 bala's post

You are most definitely not the only one who's excited about this. I've been excited for months. I've also not been well, so forgot to post about it.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 63#63 waterlilybarb's post

Question is how long we will have wait for it get added here

Reply 64#64 bala's post

Not sure. I waited until today to sign up for a free month of Netflix, so I'm watching it right now. Haven't decided if I will binge watch them all, or try and spread them out a bit to make them last longer.

Reply 65#65 waterlilybarb's post

Well i am going to bringe watch them

I just watch the first two episode i can't discuss all that happened it's sad to see rory having a tough time and poor loreli she seems fallen out of love with Luke. .

YOU DON'T END THE LAST EPISODE WITH THAT BOMBSHELL

I hope they grant more episodes

Reply 66#66 bala's post

I binge watched them too. Couldn't help myself. I kind of loved it. Even the end. I have been trying to figure out for years what the last 4 words would be, and I NEVER would have guessed what they were in a million years. Not going to post any spoilers, but those were always supposed to be the final words of the series so, while I'd love more episodes, I'm OK if these are all we get.

Reply 69#69 waterlilybarb's post

i am happy with those last 4 words it's circumstance that annoy me i was expecting those last 4 words when she was in happy relationship not that she's going to become a single mother .

Reply 70#70 bala's post

I think the point of that was they have now come full circle, with Rory now being the mother. The fact that those were always supposed to be the final words would indicate that she would have been in this situation in her early 20s if Amy Sherman-Palladino had been involved in season 7. As it is, I think it's better to have happened at this stage in her life, since she's at least been out in the world, travelled, worked, etc. Her taste in men and unwise relationship decisions are typical of Rory - aside from Dean when he was her 1st boyfriend. For such a smart woman, there are certain areas that she definitely doesn't use her brain, but she's human, so that's not all that unusual.

Reply 71#71 waterlilybarb's post

I get what your saying but that's fun thing about tv shows you can't please everyone . i just feel bad for Lorelai thinking she tried her best to give Rory every opportunity in world so she wouldn't end in this situation.

Logan was the biggest surprise

Reply 72#72 bala's post

I do agree. I actually have never really liked the character Logan - though he showed a little promise when he stood up to his father in season 7. Now he seems to have just gone and done what his father wanted anyway. It's disappointing that Rory would settle for the kind of relationship she has with him but, again, she's human. Logan is supposed to kind of represent her "Christopher", with Jess being her "Luke".  Honestly though, why she couldn't have met someone outside that little circle and had a proper relationship (Paul, the forgettable, doesn't really count) is beyond me.

I think my favourite story arc was Emily's, and how she's had to become more independent since her husband's death, THAT was quite realistic. By the end, I actually liked her, whereas throughout most of the series, I understood her, but didn't really care for her.

Reply 73#73 waterlilybarb's post

I think they didn't want to introduce any major new characters in this ending hence paul forgettable.

74 1234
Thread