Thread
Printable Version

Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

wow season 1....it feels like so long ago. i definitely loved season 1 because it was one of the most genuine "gilmore girl" seasons. there were tons of references and all the old music and movies were rather educating for me. the first few episodes really sent out the message that GG is a truly unique show that emphasizes the importance of mother-daughter relationships. i was more interested in lorelai's relationship with max and rory's adjusting to chilton, but i didnt really ccare much for luke or dean...that came later . i'd say more but i cant really remember details...i should set a marathon for myself

i loved the introduction of jess and the goodbye to tristan. it was right to let go of tristan because it would be complicated for 3 guys to be after rory. i was sad for max to go and later chris, but lorelai definitely kept the audience in suspense! i loved the basket episode...and when luke and jess were looking for an apartment - jess was a great character, despite his wild side.

season 3 was one of my favorites. i kinda liked that lor wasn't really "with" anyone for a long time, cause it gave her the freedom to have the single pizzazz. rory and jess was my favorite part and focus - like everyone says, great chemistry. my favorite episodes were the dance marathon (the girls were beautiful!) and the finale....rory's speech makes me cry everytime. and back then i was totally rooting for lor and luke, so the beginning and end dreams sent me through the roof!

hmmmm....season 4 lagged for a while in my opinion. i was sad about the lor and rory separation and i missed their everyday banter (the phone wasn't the same) rory wasn't really with anyone, which got kind of boring and i hated jason. but the end was amazing - one of my favorite scenes of all time was the famous lor/luke dance....and the finale was great. rory was stupid to sleep with dean but at least it added drama for the audience!

fifth season was AMAZING. finally lor and luke were together and logan was a big catch. i loved the you jump i jump....ummmm and the beginning ones with luke and lorelai first starting to date. the end was sweet and sour - with rory dropping out of yale and lorelai getting engaged, and a great cliffhanger for next year. i liked the extras on the 5th season dvd...especially the tours of the set!

I didn't really like season 6. The first half was happy because of the engagement and upsetting that Rory wasn't at Yale where she belonged. Then when things become right between the girls, April shows up and screws up everything. The only part I liked with April was her b-day party. I also loved Martha's Vineyard....so cute. Wow I should let someone else talk, lol.

i know the new producers shouldnt be blamed, but season 7 was bad without amy. luke and lor were meant to be after 9-10 years, the sudden marriage of chris and lor made it so obvious that they were going to break up. the end wasn't satisfying because i wanted to see more of luke and lor together. im happy that rory said no to logan's proposal because she was too young to get married and she still needed time to settle down with a job and be a true adult out of high school. i also loved paris and doyle...in seasons 6 and 7 they made up when the show lagged. my favorite episode were the ones at the end, especially the karaoke.

Thread