Thread
Printable Version

Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season Three Discussion!

Can't remember which episode number or title, either "Devilled Eggs..", or when Sherry had the baby...

Has anyone else noticed that Chris & Sherry's daughter Gigi's name is a nod to the title of our show?

I know Lorelai was peeved that Sherry was "copying" her, by giving her a cute nickname with the same sounds in both syllables, but, come on, Gigi...GG.

Just a thought. !
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #5 janenjab's post

Try not to get too upset, Jane.  The season shapes up much better that it begins.  Of course, it's not a good as I would have liked, but it's OK.  Will be interested to see how you like the rest of season 7...which, of course, left me , mainly because it was the end.

Reply #8 janenjab's post

I KNOW!?!   That was a shocker for me too, especially since Rory wasn't even at the wedding.  Keep watching, it gets better...depending on how you look at it.

Reply #10 janenjab's post

**Possible Spoilers**

I have to agree with you.  I too was content with the ending.  Though I'm crossing my fingers for a TV-movie (for those final 4 words ), I was satisfied with the way things ended.  No loose ends...and Luke & Lorelai on the road to happiness, as they should be.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one weeping at the end.  It especially got me when Rory & Lorelai drove into town, and saw everyone waiting to give Rory a proper send off.  I had   running down my face (while my roommate laughed at my sentimentality...she's so cold ..not really, just not sentimental over TV shows.)  I had to re-watch it alone, so I could enjoy a good cry.  

As you say, all good things...I just wish it didn't have be that way.  I find it harder every season to find something I really enjoy watching.  When I do, it seems the show gets cancelled...I feel like a jinx.    Oh well, we'll see what September brings...if nothing good, I'll stick to what I already like, and read a bit more.   Should probably do that anyway, as I've gotten behind in my reading.

Reply #9 missi0n's post

Glad you found us...now you can catch up with the rest of the series.

Reply #15 bala's post

We actually met Logan in season 5, and he was a regular in seasons 6 & 7.  I like that they let his character grow beyond the spoiled rich kid, but was really happy with the way things between him and Rory finally ended up.  
I agree about Luke.  He's such a solid guy, who not only loves Lorelai, but Rory as well.  I love that, and the fact that he organized the entire going away do for Rory.  It takes a real friend to care that much...one of my favourite scenes.

I'm missing it again....just when I think I'm getting over it, you guys suck me back in.  Will the sorrow never end?

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Seeing as the only active moderator for GG is me, I'll get around to it when I'm not so sick.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Check out THIS thread and let me know what you would like.

Reply 62#62 bala's post

You are most definitely not the only one who's excited about this. I've been excited for months. I've also not been well, so forgot to post about it.

Reply 64#64 bala's post

Not sure. I waited until today to sign up for a free month of Netflix, so I'm watching it right now. Haven't decided if I will binge watch them all, or try and spread them out a bit to make them last longer.

Reply 66#66 bala's post

I binge watched them too. Couldn't help myself. I kind of loved it. Even the end. I have been trying to figure out for years what the last 4 words would be, and I NEVER would have guessed what they were in a million years. Not going to post any spoilers, but those were always supposed to be the final words of the series so, while I'd love more episodes, I'm OK if these are all we get.

Reply 70#70 bala's post

I think the point of that was they have now come full circle, with Rory now being the mother. The fact that those were always supposed to be the final words would indicate that she would have been in this situation in her early 20s if Amy Sherman-Palladino had been involved in season 7. As it is, I think it's better to have happened at this stage in her life, since she's at least been out in the world, travelled, worked, etc. Her taste in men and unwise relationship decisions are typical of Rory - aside from Dean when he was her 1st boyfriend. For such a smart woman, there are certain areas that she definitely doesn't use her brain, but she's human, so that's not all that unusual.

Reply 72#72 bala's post

I do agree. I actually have never really liked the character Logan - though he showed a little promise when he stood up to his father in season 7. Now he seems to have just gone and done what his father wanted anyway. It's disappointing that Rory would settle for the kind of relationship she has with him but, again, she's human. Logan is supposed to kind of represent her "Christopher", with Jess being her "Luke".  Honestly though, why she couldn't have met someone outside that little circle and had a proper relationship (Paul, the forgettable, doesn't really count) is beyond me.

I think my favourite story arc was Emily's, and how she's had to become more independent since her husband's death, THAT was quite realistic. By the end, I actually liked her, whereas throughout most of the series, I understood her, but didn't really care for her.

Thread