Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 16#16 bala's post

I highly doubt the show will be cancelled any time soon.  As for how it will end, that's anyone's guess.  I imagine the writers have some idea of how they'd like the story to end, but I would think it would be dependant on when the show ends and what is happening in the story at the time.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 17#17 waterlilybarb's post

i hope your right

3x12 - "Our Father" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hey all - there's another new episode this evening.  Looking forward to what everyone has to say about it.

Enjoy!

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

YIKES! What an intense episode.. I'd love to see what people are thinking about it..
I was hoping that Elle would make it alive. I was disappointed. The rest of the episode made up for it, though. It was a great one.

Reply 2#2 angel17halo's post

I loved it!  I was bummed that Elle was really dead too though.

Sylar is back to his old self - which is good for the story, but I liked him learning to control his ability.  Maybe they will be able to incorporate that somehow in the future.

When Arthur died and the light went out of him, I wonder if it went into anything/one or just dissipated.  It would be cool if it somehow went into Peter, but it looks like the only way Peter will get his abilities back is by taking the injection.

BTW, I liked seeing Kyle Baldwin (aka Chad Faust) from The 4400 as the marine.  I love it when they use actors from other sci-fi series because they understand the genre.  Plus, it's always fun to play spot the actor.

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

ok so who are sylar's parents then? Is Angela his mother? Poor Elle.

i really like the episode poor Hiro is has worst hero out of all the character Arthur took his powers twice-take it once understandable but take twice suggested that Hiro didn't learn his lession now he stuck.

Reply 4#4 gabsimom's post

Maybe Angela is his mother, but it's possible the people who raised him are his real parents - though with such an advanced ability, it would seem one of his parents would need to have an ability.

Reply 5#5 bala's post
I don't think Hiro showed weakness.  I was surprised to find Arthur in the past stealing his powers.   I had thought he would get them when Claire & Hiro returned to present day.  Arthur is/was SUCH a powerful character nearly everyone seems weak next to him.

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

it's not weakness as soon Arthur appeared Hiro should teleport both clare and himself out.

[ Last edited by bala at 12-9-2008 18:01 ]

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Hiro tried, but Arthur was just faster.  I wonder how Hiro is going to get back to the present day now.  His mom is no longer alive in the past to save him again.

Reply 8#8 imarielle626's post

How many more episode until this volume is over because it's getting close end volume?

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I'm pretty sure next week's episode, "Duel", is the end of VILLAINS...but don't quote me.  

As for Hiro, it's possible Ando will be the one who gets to save him.  Maybe him getting a similar power will have something to do with why he kills Hiro in the future.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

Yeh, I'd heard that the next Volume "Fugitives" is starting come January/February (yet to be announced). I believe the next episode is the last one of the Villains Volume.

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-10-2008 11:34 ]

great news

Quote:
Smallville actor John Glover has been added to the cast of Heroes.

Glover will play Sylar's father in the NBC drama, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"When Sylar meets his father, he's going to see a path ahead of him that he doesn't want to take," said a show source.

"He has a lot more in common with his father than he realised."

Glover will arrive on the show towards the end of the forthcoming 'Fugitives' volume. He also recently signed up to appear in ABC's Brothers & Sisters.

3x13 - "Dual" Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

Well, the last episode of 2008, and the final chapter of the "Villains" volume, is airing tonight.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they tie up this storyline before beginning the next one...as I'm sure you all are too.

You know the drill.  Here's the spot to chat about this week's episode once you've watched it.  Everyone enjoy!

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Well it was good episode Sylar was back on form in this episode and i enjoyed it but next volume you kind understand why Peter shot his brother now all of them are fugitives but i glad they gave Ando a power he deserve it after all he been through and it's interesting power.

Overall it been good volume and quite enjoyable figure out what was going on and help understand the previous volume i got say Hiro hitting Tracey was funniest moment and we all knew peter was going get his abilities back some how and Clare losing her mother. All in all fantastic end to a volume.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed at how they "gave" Peter his powers back. Am I right in saying that Peter was born with the power but Nathan was given it? If so, I just think it makes Peter less special than he was before. I think it should have "come" back to him rather than him having to use the formula to get it back. Just my thoughts on it.

I'm not sure I understand where and when Nathan changed so dramatically. Did he always have this underlying air of being a power hungry person? Maybe, but I think they kind of leaped from him being middle of the road to being an extremist. I just don't think it flowed well. I would have liked to see some real reason for the dramatic change.

I'm looking forward to the next one though. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I thought it was great to see the President being African American. At least they are keeping up with the times !!

One last gripe, sorry !! But I think the whole Daphne and Ando thing was way out there. Surely if he "boosts" people's power her speed ability would mean she'd travel faster, so it would mean she'd go into the future, not the past. Also, I didn't like how easy it was for them to get back to that exact moment in time, when they'd only learned about it !

Reply 3#3 shinny's post

In response to the Daphne and Ando thing, I think the writer sort of wrote themselves into a hole with that story line and giving Ando the power of time travel was just too easy and unrealistic so they had to come up with something different.  Also Matt said something about Einstein's theory of relativity that if you could travel faster than the speed of light you could bend time and therefore travel through time so that was the validation for Daphne to be able to go back in time, though I agree you would think the combination of their powers would move them forward through time not back.

I had the same though about the president being African American

I can't believe what Nathan wants to do!  I mean he is one of them too.  So now he's just going to pretend he doesn't have a power and round them all up like criminals and put them in a jail like place.  When did Nathan become such an extremist?  He was also power hungry, but he still had a concept of right and wrong and wanted to do good for the people.  Now he's just and extremist.  Can he honestly believe all of the people in that file are a threat?  Hiro, Parkman, Micah?  Yeah there are some "special" people who are better locked up, but it seems like all Nathan wants now is to lock up all the original "special" people so they can't get in his way and he can start over and create his army with those marines.

Reply 4#4 imarielle626's post

Re: Nathan - to me, this fits more into the picture we've had of him, up until future-Peter shot him and then he was brought back to life.  This power-hungry version is who Peter initially saw in his vision of the future.  Also, if the future plays out as Nathan plans, I wonder if this means Peter will eventually reunite with Caitlin?  

I am delighted to see Michael Dorn as the new President.  Another happy moment of spot the other sci-fi actor.

I still have to rewatch, and I think I'm kind of feverish right now , so that's all I have to say...until I think of something else.

i'm just happy they gave Ando a power

Thread