Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 shinny's post

Peter didn't learn about his own powers until after Arthur's "death", so it's highly unlikely he had ANY idea that his father had an ability.  Originally, Arthur killed himself (though publicly it was thought he had a heart attack) and was Linderman's attorney, so Peter may have thought his father might not have been a very strong or powerful man.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

3x07 - "Eris Quod Sum" Discussion

The new episode airs tonight.  Here's the spot to post your views.  
FYI - the title translates (from Latin) to "you will be what I am".  Make of it what you will.

Happy viewing!

Reply 3#3 roca's post

I really don't like that Peter doesn't have his powers anymore.  If Hiro goes back in time, he could change that.  

Usutu referred to the coming eclipse, so I wonder if that is having some effect on some of the abilities, since it seemed to awaken many of them initially.

As for the title - to me it seems to refer to Arthur and his sons Gabriel & Peter.  How exactly, I'm not certain, but it could work either way.

3x09 - "It's Coming" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hey all, here's the thread for this week's episode.  I know I'm looking forward to it and know you are too.  Catch ya' all after it airs for the discussion.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

It was definitely a good episode.  Looks like whoever said that Elle was probably the mother of Sylar's kid was right.  I still need to watch it again, because I know there are things I need to grasp better.  

On a side note - 10 year old Hiro was rather amusing.   And Flint really is stupid.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

No, I just meant this episode showed even further how stupid he is.  Like Meredith said in the previous episode, 'Daddy always said - God didn't give you a brain, he gave you a big sister instead.'  

Reply 6#6 silver1978's post

My only question was why didn't Sylar's pants burn?  Were they made of asbestos?   He definitely looked pretty smokin' with his shirt off.  

As for the catalyst, Claire was my initial thought, so maybe she's too obvious, but her brain IS different so it's a possibility.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reply 15#15 carlorica's post

I have a feeling the coming eclipse will play a large part in that.

3x10 - "The Eclipse: Part 1" Discussion **SPOILERS**

The new episode airs tonight so here's the spot to chat about it once you've seen it.

Reply 2#2 imarielle626's post

Elle is actually 24 years old, so that didn't bother me.  She acted lke a teen because she was raised so isolated from society, and grew up in the Company.

What I hated was that as I was watching I forgot it was a 2-parter, so was totally bummed when it was over.  I was surprised to what Daphne was so afraid of.  Interesting plot twist, though it won't affect how Matt sees her.

Reply 7#7 roca's post

Maybe the comics in between deal with different characters.

3x11 - "The Eclipse Part 2" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Another new episode airs tonight.  Looking forward to what everyone has to say.  Catch you all tomorrow.

Reply 5#5 imarielle626's post

Not my thoughts on the episode, but a couple answers for you Arielle.  First of all, the other comic book store guy is Breckin Meyer.  As for Adam, Arthur killed him in order to regain his mobility.  He not only sucked his power away, he sucked it COMPLETELY away.  Molly - no idea where she currently is.  I've been wondering that too.

Reply 7#7 imarielle626's post

I KNOW!  My Mum and I have the same problem with Monday night.  I don't understand why most of the shows I watch all air at the same time.  Highly frustrating.   Thank goodness for VCRs and the VIP site.  As for keeping the plotlines straight, I have a great mind for holding useless information.  It's really quite ridiculous the inane trivia I remember.  Now, if I could only harness my power for good - I'd be rich.

My Mum mentioned something which I found interesting.  She said, "I guess Elle isn't the mother of Sylar's kid after all."  What I found interesting is that it got me thnking.  Either the future is now competely different because of the actions that have occurred OR Elle isn't really dead, as has been surmised.  We don't even know if Gabrielle will have a child now.  

I'm curious to see what comes of all the events that have happened so far.  I also think in order for Peter to get any powers back he will have to have the injection of the serum (once completed) that Mohinder is making.  I was hoping the eclipse would help him too, but since his powers were taken prior to it, the eclipse had no seeming effect on him.

Reply 16#16 bala's post

I highly doubt the show will be cancelled any time soon.  As for how it will end, that's anyone's guess.  I imagine the writers have some idea of how they'd like the story to end, but I would think it would be dependant on when the show ends and what is happening in the story at the time.

3x12 - "Our Father" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hey all - there's another new episode this evening.  Looking forward to what everyone has to say about it.

Enjoy!

Reply 2#2 angel17halo's post

I loved it!  I was bummed that Elle was really dead too though.

Sylar is back to his old self - which is good for the story, but I liked him learning to control his ability.  Maybe they will be able to incorporate that somehow in the future.

When Arthur died and the light went out of him, I wonder if it went into anything/one or just dissipated.  It would be cool if it somehow went into Peter, but it looks like the only way Peter will get his abilities back is by taking the injection.

BTW, I liked seeing Kyle Baldwin (aka Chad Faust) from The 4400 as the marine.  I love it when they use actors from other sci-fi series because they understand the genre.  Plus, it's always fun to play spot the actor.

Reply 4#4 gabsimom's post

Maybe Angela is his mother, but it's possible the people who raised him are his real parents - though with such an advanced ability, it would seem one of his parents would need to have an ability.

Reply 5#5 bala's post
I don't think Hiro showed weakness.  I was surprised to find Arthur in the past stealing his powers.   I had thought he would get them when Claire & Hiro returned to present day.  Arthur is/was SUCH a powerful character nearly everyone seems weak next to him.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I'm pretty sure next week's episode, "Duel", is the end of VILLAINS...but don't quote me.  

As for Hiro, it's possible Ando will be the one who gets to save him.  Maybe him getting a similar power will have something to do with why he kills Hiro in the future.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thread