22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Flashpoint Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 32#32 bala's post

It was a great epi and the ending was a surprise. When he came home, I thought she might have left, but the picture on the fridge and his reaction were good

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

whow, what a great episode!!!
I think it's good that Greg's son came on this day cause now he got to see his father in action and that changed things...
It seems like Greg is finally getting a chance to get to know his son a bit..

it's funny how the ME can't admit she was wrong...
I'm glad for the couple though! And it a very good intervention.

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

it could have, but it didn't, though i though for a moment that it might because of the zoom in, but it was the right decision to knock the gun out of his hand during the distraction.

I really liked this episode. I don't think he didn't donate only because he didn't want his wife to know. Like they said, the test shows that the kid is really his. That is stagitory rape and he could go to jail for that and that would change his life. He would lose his job, the community wouldn't support him anymore and he could have lost his family.
But in the end he made the right decision.

I think the new episode was great!
It's a shame that they couldn't prevent the man from setting off the bomb, but except for him everyone is going to be fine.
Jules breaking up with the guy was a bit double, on one hand I saw it coming because they focussed so hard on her and sam and the obvious unresolved feelings (of Sam), but one the other hand I thought that she had moved on and had really fallen for this guy.
For me this show proofs that the tention doesn't end once you make a couple. Although Sam en Jules have been together and broke up again, the tention is still there and if you can create that, you have a great show.
Therefore I say to all the makers of the series to take an example on this show!
And I'm already looking forward to the next case.
Oh btw, the note from Jules was sweet

It was paramedic who went in and Jules followed him, it was stupid and not a great thing to do, but on the other hand, Jules is trained to be in that kind of situation so maybe it wasn't so bad.
Sam may be a bit recless wenn it comes to Jules but that's fun to watch.
I don't think your right about the effect of the episode though, although they brought the london bombings back tot the attention, they also showed that some moslims were just trying to do a good thing and got cought up in the terrorist thing. And the man was cleared, he wasn't involved. + it was a white male who set off the bomb. So I don't think it was so bad to do this episode. I think it really shows that you can't judge based on superficial facts and that these are also just people who can make mistakes, who have a lot in commun with Christians and I think that was shown here.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Yes I know, but then again he used one of his patients to keep himself from getting blamed for it so I think that's different. I understand if you want to go after the people you think killed your wife, but to let someone else do it for you and set them up that's just completely wrong.

Reply 73#73 bala's post

this was a good episode, although it wasn't as much focused on the negotiating and all.
Is the daughter going to be in the show more? Cause it looked like they were introducing her a little.
I think it was good that we got to know a bit more about spike's past.
Hope the girl is coming back, cause I like her

Reply 79#79 codebreaker's post

she did lock the door. But the friend that got killed made her unlock it.

Reply 81#81 bala's post

the friend that got killed said he made her unlock the door after catching her locking the door.

so just to be clear, how long do we have to wait till we see what happened? Cause I really hate this cliffhanger. I mean, I guess Ed is not going to die and the team is not going to be split up if there are more episodes.
But the baby being in jeapardy again is a bit over it
and Greg putting the outsider in was predictable, don't understand that Ed didn't see that.
Showing up at Sam's place was also a bit predictable, just wondering what they will do next, cause they can't go back to having a relationship cause then one of them has to transfer and they already had that conversation...
I hope Greg isn't being pulled of the team cause I like him a lot
Great extra backgrond on the others and a nice way of showing how difficult it is to cope with everything and how that kind of shows in the team.

Reply 20#20 bala's post

I still like the show very much. And although you know that he wasn't going to die, you kind of have that with every police show. I  liked this episode because of the interaction between Spike and his father. And I loved the team dynamic. It really showed how close the team is and how hard it is to leave someone alone.
I think that the searg knows about Sam and Jules so I guess he has a hard decission to make.

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

well they thought it was just another fire drill. But not leaving when even the cops (SRU) came was a bit too much. They should have known by then it wasn't a drill.

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I agree, they should have checked. But she made them trust her by asking their names and so on. I first though she would fit with the team, but it's sad that she died and Rafe quitting was kind of obvious from the beginning. But it was a very difficult and a very hard decision.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

It looks like they are trying different things.
I liked the undercover and the fact that he wasn't just a CI
The real story about Gregs kid was good sideline.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

they featured a weapon like this in one of the CSI's as well I believe, but I don't think they already exist. I think they are in development, but if they would already exist, we would probably have know about it already.

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

nice inbetween episode.

Reply 28#28 bala's post

I think that has a lot to do with what he sees his father go through. But Greg's kid might have changed his opinion.

Episode 12

Well, I guess this is a 2 part episode.
But for the record, I don't really care. This was a great first part and if the second part is even half as good, I'll be happy.
Ed searching for Clark, Donna and the bomber and the wedding. I loved it all.
Really can't wait till the second part!

22 12
Thread