Thread
Printable Version

Flashpoint Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 52#52 kellemanske's post

Yeah i am sure that also factor into it

Reply 51#51 bala's post

Tragic set of circumstances but people do desperate things save their child

Reply 54#54 codebreaker's post

Yes they do but how far they went became criminal . Sometimes it hard to tell who bad guys are

Reply 55#55 bala's post

In real life they should all go to prison for what they have done

Reply 56#56 codebreaker's post

if that happens the kid would end up in foster care unless his wife adopt him ?

Reply 57#57 bala's post

That would teach them crime doesnt pay

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

The kid didn't do anything wrong and kid can't hate the parent trying to save his life. . I agree with you but we need sick child is in the middle of this we both seen enough legal drama to know what lawyers would argue.

I think the new episode was great!
It's a shame that they couldn't prevent the man from setting off the bomb, but except for him everyone is going to be fine.
Jules breaking up with the guy was a bit double, on one hand I saw it coming because they focussed so hard on her and sam and the obvious unresolved feelings (of Sam), but one the other hand I thought that she had moved on and had really fallen for this guy.
For me this show proofs that the tention doesn't end once you make a couple. Although Sam en Jules have been together and broke up again, the tention is still there and if you can create that, you have a great show.
Therefore I say to all the makers of the series to take an example on this show!
And I'm already looking forward to the next case.
Oh btw, the note from Jules was sweet

Reply 60#60 kellemanske's post

Well yeah it does create tension but problem is they work together when deal with hostage situation there have to be level-headed just look at Julies in this episode she didn't have to go in but she did because he did not exactly the best move but it nice to actually see Julies in a dress for a change which is rare.

I agree shame he set off the bomb but these episode really show is that Muslims are still targeted over these attacks and it's so easy to blame them when most of them are innocent. I don't think these situation are ever going resolve.

It create prejudice towards them these episodes don't exactly help it's a constant reminder about London bus bombing which happen ages ago. .

Reply 61#61 bala's post

I cant believe they have added this to TVfull before VIP

Reply 62#62 codebreaker's post

Well i think it's an oversight someone just forgot about it

i know it seem viptv site seem gone downhill this year but i am sure it's just them being busy

Reply 63#63 bala's post

I love your optimism but i agree viptv has gone downhill this year

Reply 64#64 codebreaker's post

We both know why i am

It was paramedic who went in and Jules followed him, it was stupid and not a great thing to do, but on the other hand, Jules is trained to be in that kind of situation so maybe it wasn't so bad.
Sam may be a bit recless wenn it comes to Jules but that's fun to watch.
I don't think your right about the effect of the episode though, although they brought the london bombings back tot the attention, they also showed that some moslims were just trying to do a good thing and got cought up in the terrorist thing. And the man was cleared, he wasn't involved. + it was a white male who set off the bomb. So I don't think it was so bad to do this episode. I think it really shows that you can't judge based on superficial facts and that these are also just people who can make mistakes, who have a lot in commun with Christians and I think that was shown here.

Reply 66#66 kellemanske's post

Well yeah your right but still you can see if that man point of view he lost his wife and with media always talking Muslim terrorist you can understand why he did what he did but i want clear what he did was wrong and he shouldn't done it but human being are fuelled by emotion which means it hard to be objective

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Yes I know, but then again he used one of his patients to keep himself from getting blamed for it so I think that's different. I understand if you want to go after the people you think killed your wife, but to let someone else do it for you and set them up that's just completely wrong.

Reply 68#68 kellemanske's post

Yeah that's wrong

3x10 No Promises (aka 3x19)

I gave up waiting like the rest of you, Steve risking his life to save one of the hostages was impressive but going in to the restaurant in the first place was crazy

Reply 70#70 codebreaker's post

Well he's a doctor so i think he wanted to help

3x11 (aka 3x20)

Once again Jules was lucky but thanks to Sam and Spike's old training partner didn't have a lot of choice because they had his daughter and it's a shame he sold out to the crooks

Thread