Thread
Printable Version

Glee Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 60#60 bala's post

I couldn't help but think of you while I watched it last night Bala.  There was SO much singing...which I love, but know you don't.

As for Will's face at the doctor's, I took it as more amazement that he finally got to see (what he thought was) his child for the 1st time.  I don't think he was disappointed (or too disappointed) that it wasn't a boy.  I also think having brought Finn & Quinn to their appointment made him realize the enormity of his own situation, but in a good way compared to theirs.

The fact that Terri & her sister were able to coerce the doctor into going along with them kind of blew my mind.  How nasty are they?  And how big of a weenie was that doctor?
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 61#61 waterlilybarb's post

thank you for thinking of me it's good thing i watch it on here you skip all singing parts

Reply 62#62 bala's post

LOL!  That's a hoot!  How much longer are you going to torture yourself with this show, since you can't stand one of the main features of it?

p..s. they were good songs this week.

Reply 63#63 waterlilybarb's post

until it get moved into the vip section

i like song ride with me by nelly

Reply 64#64 bala's post

You mean you won't pay to watch such a delightful show?

Question, I know you like music...is it the fact that they break into song that bugs you, or do you not like most of the song choices?  I have a feeling it's the first, but my brother doesn't like musicals and he really likes this show because it's just a good show, and it's uniquely funny.

Reply 65#65 waterlilybarb's post

yep i don't like the fact that they do break into song- i don't mind them singing a song in glee club as part of them practising but when they break into a song and do those dance routines it really  annoys me .

If it was just them singing and not moving around i wouldn't have a problem. like if they singing like a choir i don't have a problem it's the combination of them singing and dancing that get to me .

Honestly i like the story-line as the character are all interesting. i always perfered music in the background while character are talking   

As for the song choice there probably 1 song per episode i like. That's me being nice

[ Last edited by bala at 10-16-2009 19:59 ]

Reply 66#66 bala's post

ROFL!  To each his own.  You know you'll miss watching it when it moves to VIP...I bet you'll still want to know what's going on with the story...even if it means having to fast forward through the music.   

Funny thing is, when they just break into song, it's actually more relevant to the story, as those numbers reveal what the character is thinking or feeling, whereas the glee club numbers are just fun.

Reply 67#67 waterlilybarb's post

Well your probably right but at the current rate at which they are adding new show they good chance i will be able first season before it get moved to vip section.
Quote:
when they just break into song, it's actually more relevant to the story
i perfectly understand that but we are not kids we don't need them spell it out for us. what's next a whole episode of each them singing from begaining to end that would really be worst episode . we are not morns we know how character are feeling so by them doing this i feel they think audience not getting. it's like there are trying to driving a nail through my head .

Reply 68#68 bala's post

I would LOVE a whole episode of them singing!  I love musical theater though (used to perform it).  Like I said, to each his own.

Reply 69#69 waterlilybarb's post

i don't think they are skilled enough to be singing for 40 minutes

Barb, I did musical theater too!  That's why I love this show so much!

I love the singing in the show.  But I'm just so disappointed with the character's choices that I am trying to decide if it is worth it to watch! haha  It's like I somehow separate my thoughts about things in real life once they are on tv (normally I don't think of divorce as an option except in cases of abuse, for example - but on Glee, I want Will and Terri to get divorced.)  Go figure.

Reply 71#71 themegababe's post

I'm actually with you on that.  I hate rooting for someone to leave their spouse.  I hope somehow they figure out a way to make her true to her character while giving her SOME redeeming quality so it makes sense for Will to stay with her for another reason besides the fact that she's "pregnant".  Maybe if her character "miscarried" it would help...as awful as that sounds - but since she's not really pregnant, it's a viable plot choice.

mesh up

Ok Rachal and puck the slash-wars we never had that at our school because we had pay for it .  the worst song as to be wedding shop song that was painful to hear my ears are burning from that song.   . Rest of song were tolerable to hear . it does seem more episode i watch more immune I'm getting towards singing .

[ Last edited by bala at 10-22-2009 13:21 ]

Reply 73#73 bala's post

You didn't like the homage to My Fair Lady?   I got a kick out of Will's "Bust a Move".  I was also REALLY glad Terri wasn't in this episode.  I also enjoyed Sue & Will dancing - it was quite entertaining, and nice to see another side of her personality.  The zoot suit was pretty funny.

Loving the flight of the bumble bee piece when the slushy is making it's way to it's next victim.

Poor Sue, although we knew we couldn't have soft touch/loved up Sue for long. She's better when she's being mean and sarcastic:

Sue: Schuester!
Will: Yeah.
Sue: I'll need to see that set list for sectionals after all. I want it on my desk warm from the laminator at 5pm and if it is one minute late I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat and then on some dark cold night I will steal away into your home and punch you in the face.

Funny!

Reply 74#74 waterlilybarb's post

I also got a kick out of Will's Bust a Move and i liked Sweet Caroline

What about the Thong Song?  That had me laughing so hard! hahahah  I LOVED Sweet Caroline.  Although the Puck / Rachel storyline was just so random.  But I have a feeling that's not quite over yet!  And yes, have to agree with everyone that Bust a Move was off the hook too.

Waiting 3 weeks will not be fun!

Reply 77#77 themegababe's post

well that it's now moved vip section time to let go

Now we separate the wheat from the chaff!! h aha jk we will miss ya bala!  And I bet you will be lurking around to see what happens!  

1x09 Wheels

I really liked this episode. You just knew it was leading up to Sue having a sister with Downes but even though I knew it was coming it was a very touching moment when she was reading her sis the story.

I really hope it comes out soon about the baby. It's beginning to annoy me now.

Agree that we need to see more of Kurt's Dad. His son being gay is opening up a whole new world to him and it's great to see his "cave man" character developing.

You just knew when everyone was around the cup cakes that they had a "special" ingredient.

Glad to see more of Artie/Tina in this one.

Thread