53 123
Thread
Printable Version

MAC Users See Here: Updated May 26th

MAC Users See Here: Updated May 26th

Update: We are having reports from our Mac users that the issues have been resolved for most of them. Please test out your MAC and let us know here.

I know most of you are experiencing much difficulty with the upgrade.  The changes have made the site much like www.movieonline.cc.  HERE is a link to the MAC OS X Real Player Troubleshooting Guide(Solutions &Tips) on that forum, which has some updates from our own.  

We will update our own Mac troubleshooting guide once you let us know if the suggestions there are as useful for our site.  I hope this provides useful information to you and enables you to resume your viewing experience.

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-26-2009 13:15 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Hi Barb

Thanks for the link

I will try the hints BUT I doubt that it will have much impact as you don't get as far as being able to open realplayer, the problem occurs as the browser pop-up tries to connect to the server. The attempt to contact the server totally shuts down any browser not just firefox.

Just so you know

Will let you know if it helps tho

Phil x
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

Reply 2#2 philryk's post

Just a suggestion but what about using the browser in real-player itself until the problem can be fixed

tried the hints listed for Realplayer 10 and no joy

Thank you for the help tho!

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 23-5-2009 19:29  
Just a suggestion but what about using the browser in real-player itself until the problem can be fixed
Tried that yesterday

Im sure it will be sorted ... just gutted its the only weekend that I have had free for ages that there is a problem

Hi guys,
thank you so much for the efford and trying to help us. I tried it and unfortunately it didnt work as well. Restarted and reintalled Real Player, tried both Safari and Firefox, and still nothing...
Still hopeful though

From what I have tried the site works best on Google Chrome, So Try That And See If That Works If Not Then I'm Sure Admin Will Sort It Out As Quick As Possible

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 5-23-2009 19:53 ]

Google chrome is windows only

Ok, Did not know that

Reply 2#2 philryk's & #6 alexgirl's post

I'm sorry to hear that.  I do know there were initial problems for MAC users on the movie site as well, so there must be something in the code that their tech team did to fix it.  I'm know ours is busy working on the problem.  I'm just sorry Phil that you're not able to view while you have time off.  

I found another suggestion from the Admin on the other site which helped some MAC users there.  
Quote:
etworm: This problem is caused by the latest version of RealPlayer. Some members said that they updated their RealPlayer and could not play video in firefox any more.
Some language package of RealPlayer does not work well with firefox. We strongly recommend our members to use English version of RealPlayer as well as download it from official site: http://forms.real.com/real/realone/intl/focus.html
I'm not sure if it's the same RP download as the one in the troubleshooting thread because it's on a different page than the other one, but our mod kwargalla is a MAC user and she found that after installing from that link she was able to view the movies with no problem.  Unfortunately, I don't have a MAC to try it out on 1st, so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Aw Thanks Barb you really are trying hard here!

I will do another clean install from that link and let you know in about 10 mins

Sorry it didn't help thank you very much tho

Reply 12#12 philryk's post

Bummer.   Sorry it doesn't help as that's all I've been able to find so far.  If anyone finds a solution please post it, though I suspect it will have to be fixed by the techs.  That being the case, the RP you have now downloaded should be compatible once the bugs are worked out. **crossing fingers**

Yeah Im sure its a case of just wait for the techs

But once again thank you for trying so hard to help - very much appreciated

I will just  hover on the forum to await a response/update

Reply 14#14 philryk's post

I'm only to happy to help.  I just wish I could have found a solution for you, but I guess this is part of the growing pains.  Don't know if you play games or not, but are you able to access the game site?  It can be fun and it kills some time too.

Update

Our admin team have advised that they are debugging the coding that should help Mac Users. We will keep you updated once we know anymore.

Thanks shinny

I have had a pm response from admin re: Mac issues, asking if I was deducted points when clicking (I must be honest I stupidly don't know!) So it seems hopeful that they will get the bugs ironed out soon

YAY!

I will post this in the poll thread as well as people seem to be asking there

Again thanks to all the mods .... it must be frustrating to you as well
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 For keeping everyone up to date. Tks 5-24-2009 01:55

Reply 17#17 philryk's post

You're very welcome and thanks for posting the feedback you got from admin. I think it helps everyone to see our admin team are trying really hard to fix this.

Hi guys.. unfortunately switching the language to english didnt help either... thank you so much for all your work and updates. This is amazingly helpfull and kind.

53 123
Thread