Thread
Printable Version

MAC Users See Here: Updated May 26th

I just wanted to thank you guys once again for the efford in trying to make this work. Unfortunately the new update hasnt helped me. Has it helped anyone?
Many many many thanks!

And I wanted to publicly (I have already done this through PM) apologize to Bala for the message I left on the other Forum yesterday. I was in a bad mood and it rubbed me the wrong way. I am sorry, Bala.

Here is what one of our Mac using members found to be useful for any still unable to play shows:
Quote:
Originally posted by uniquer at 5-25-2009 10:31  Acceptable work around for MAC users
Hey guys I have tried several browsers trying to get it to work with no success UNTILL I tried removing the safari 4 beta and went back to the regular Safari 3.2.3.  

Now it is working perfect !  

Here is the link for safari 4 uninstaller (http://www.apple.com/safari/download/) download it open the DMG file and click on the safari 4 beta uninstaller and it will remove safari 4 and put back the older safari.

If you try it and it works Please post to let all of the fellow mac users know about it.

I know this is not the best workaround but it sure beats watching shows in VM Ware, Parallels, or GOD forbid boot camp.

p.s. Also you need to be using realplayer 10 NOT realplayer 11.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thank you waterlillybard! I will definetely try it when I get back!

Reply 22#22 waterlilybarb's post

The version of safari i used to test originally is 3.2.3

Gonna try the site again tho as it seems like some people have had luck getting it work today so fingers crossed
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

Reply 24#24 philryk's post

I sure hope you have success.  Being a week day the site is bound to be less busy than on the weekend, so hopefully it will make loading quicker, and thus easier to see if the suggestion works for you.

Thanks SO much for your assistance & taking the time to provide feedback.

Reply 22#22 waterlilybarb's post

Hi,
Just wanted you guys to know I tried with Safari 3.2.3 and still no joy....
How sad...
Thank you again for the help!

Reply 26#26 alexgirl's post

Sorry to here that.  Please make sure to send a PM to lbjedward with a copy of the error message (if you get one), or any other relevant information you can think of, if you have not already done so.

Reply 27#27 waterlilybarb's post

I did it already. Thank you!

reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

hello barb,

first, I would say that the new site and its shows works on my little macbook. I got a PM from lbjedward on an early hour of monday (1:04AM Tokyo time) asking me to test haiwai.hk on my mac machine. I checked his message during my working time so got no time to check the site and PM him that I will do it when I got home later that day... So when I got a chance to check it at home, unfortunately, haiwai.hk doesn't work. but with viptv.net it works properly without any problem happens. no browser crashing, no glitch, no skipping. it runs smoothly and it load fast. I informed it to lbjedward afterwards. I am not a techie person. I did nothing with my macbook. I got a latest version of safari and a real player 11 for mac.

Another thing is, I used Safari for my PC and it works too. Only a little bit slow in loading. At home I always use my PC for viewing shows because of its huge display.

By the way, I got a PM again from lbjedward informing me that they ruled out haiwai.hk coz it doesn't work with mac and they decoded again the viptv.net for mac.

Right now still working with my macbook... Hope it will works with you too! Goodluck!!!

rickman

Reply 29#29 rickman's post

Thanks for your assistance and feedback rickman.  I'm not sure why it still isn't working for some of our Mac users, but we're hopeful that the entire issue will be sorted soon.  I'm really happy that the issue seems to have been resolved for most of those who have a Mac.  I'm working from a PC myself (though I dream of having a new Macbook) so I haven't been able to try any of the suggestions myself.  

We are very grateful for members, like yourself and the others who have posted in here, who have been so helpful and willing to provide useful, detailed information.  It's due to your help that the techs have been able to fix as much as they have already.

New Macbook is so light and powerful! I loved it! Aluminum case, crystal display and the specs! I'm sure you'll like it too...

still nothing

Mac. Switched to Real Player 10. Now I can't even tell if that helped because the home page for each show won't even load now. Just spins and spins in Firefox. Already PM'd so hopefully that might help but just wanted to let others know that it's still not working for some Mac users.

Reply 32#32 myluckyrabbitfo's post

For Mac - Safari seems to work better.  HERE is a link to the download of version 3.2.3.  Also, make sure that you did a clean uninstall of RP 11.

Clean uninstall directions:

Clean uninstall.....
After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up after you uninstall RP, that it was unable to remove some of the RP files. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. So it's best, to do a "clean uninstall". To do that, first go to Start> go to Control Panel> go to Add & Remove Programs> scroll to Real player> then uninstall Real Player, close Control Panel.
Go to Start> to My Computer> to C-Drive> to Program Files> to "Real" & (R-click on "Real" and delete the file).
Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files> to "Real" & (R-click on the "Real" file and delete the file). Then reinstall a fresh RP.

Its fixed!

Had a pm from admin saying they have disabled the pop up window for Mac users and it automatically loads Realplayer and damn me ...... it works *yay*

Thank you so very much to all the admins and mods who tried so hard to find workarounds whilst they were working on it xx

good to know that everyone will be happy now!!! and it load faster than before!!! to admin and everyone on this site, BIG CHEEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Reply 34#34 philryk's post

YIPEE!   I'm delighted to hear it.  Happy viewing!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!!! It worked!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for everyone here that really tried to help us MAC users! You guys ROCK!!
Seriously, I cant even describe the joy!!

thank you all mac users that had the time to wait for admin`s to sort this issue out
The Mod Police Are Watching You

Just happy that it was sorted Yay!

Initial Pop Up Window

thought the initial pop up window was disabled for mac but it still pop up only that it is blank... it's more ok if they will absolutely disable that one. the loading in real player on mac is faster than loading in PC... can admin also just disable the initial pop up window for PC? Perhaps it will help also load faster like in mac... just an observation...

Thread