Thread
Printable Version

MAC Users See Here: Updated May 26th

MAC Users See Here: Updated May 26th

Update: We are having reports from our Mac users that the issues have been resolved for most of them. Please test out your MAC and let us know here.

I know most of you are experiencing much difficulty with the upgrade.  The changes have made the site much like www.movieonline.cc.  HERE is a link to the MAC OS X Real Player Troubleshooting Guide(Solutions &Tips) on that forum, which has some updates from our own.  

We will update our own Mac troubleshooting guide once you let us know if the suggestions there are as useful for our site.  I hope this provides useful information to you and enables you to resume your viewing experience.

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-26-2009 13:15 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 2#2 philryk's & #6 alexgirl's post

I'm sorry to hear that.  I do know there were initial problems for MAC users on the movie site as well, so there must be something in the code that their tech team did to fix it.  I'm know ours is busy working on the problem.  I'm just sorry Phil that you're not able to view while you have time off.  

I found another suggestion from the Admin on the other site which helped some MAC users there.  
Quote:
etworm: This problem is caused by the latest version of RealPlayer. Some members said that they updated their RealPlayer and could not play video in firefox any more.
Some language package of RealPlayer does not work well with firefox. We strongly recommend our members to use English version of RealPlayer as well as download it from official site: http://forms.real.com/real/realone/intl/focus.html
I'm not sure if it's the same RP download as the one in the troubleshooting thread because it's on a different page than the other one, but our mod kwargalla is a MAC user and she found that after installing from that link she was able to view the movies with no problem.  Unfortunately, I don't have a MAC to try it out on 1st, so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reply 12#12 philryk's post

Bummer.   Sorry it doesn't help as that's all I've been able to find so far.  If anyone finds a solution please post it, though I suspect it will have to be fixed by the techs.  That being the case, the RP you have now downloaded should be compatible once the bugs are worked out. **crossing fingers**

Reply 14#14 philryk's post

I'm only to happy to help.  I just wish I could have found a solution for you, but I guess this is part of the growing pains.  Don't know if you play games or not, but are you able to access the game site?  It can be fun and it kills some time too.

Here is what one of our Mac using members found to be useful for any still unable to play shows:
Quote:
Originally posted by uniquer at 5-25-2009 10:31  Acceptable work around for MAC users
Hey guys I have tried several browsers trying to get it to work with no success UNTILL I tried removing the safari 4 beta and went back to the regular Safari 3.2.3.  

Now it is working perfect !  

Here is the link for safari 4 uninstaller (http://www.apple.com/safari/download/) download it open the DMG file and click on the safari 4 beta uninstaller and it will remove safari 4 and put back the older safari.

If you try it and it works Please post to let all of the fellow mac users know about it.

I know this is not the best workaround but it sure beats watching shows in VM Ware, Parallels, or GOD forbid boot camp.

p.s. Also you need to be using realplayer 10 NOT realplayer 11.

Reply 24#24 philryk's post

I sure hope you have success.  Being a week day the site is bound to be less busy than on the weekend, so hopefully it will make loading quicker, and thus easier to see if the suggestion works for you.

Thanks SO much for your assistance & taking the time to provide feedback.

Reply 26#26 alexgirl's post

Sorry to here that.  Please make sure to send a PM to lbjedward with a copy of the error message (if you get one), or any other relevant information you can think of, if you have not already done so.

Reply 29#29 rickman's post

Thanks for your assistance and feedback rickman.  I'm not sure why it still isn't working for some of our Mac users, but we're hopeful that the entire issue will be sorted soon.  I'm really happy that the issue seems to have been resolved for most of those who have a Mac.  I'm working from a PC myself (though I dream of having a new Macbook) so I haven't been able to try any of the suggestions myself.  

We are very grateful for members, like yourself and the others who have posted in here, who have been so helpful and willing to provide useful, detailed information.  It's due to your help that the techs have been able to fix as much as they have already.

Reply 32#32 myluckyrabbitfo's post

For Mac - Safari seems to work better.  HERE is a link to the download of version 3.2.3.  Also, make sure that you did a clean uninstall of RP 11.

Clean uninstall directions:

Clean uninstall.....
After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up after you uninstall RP, that it was unable to remove some of the RP files. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. So it's best, to do a "clean uninstall". To do that, first go to Start> go to Control Panel> go to Add & Remove Programs> scroll to Real player> then uninstall Real Player, close Control Panel.
Go to Start> to My Computer> to C-Drive> to Program Files> to "Real" & (R-click on "Real" and delete the file).
Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files> to "Real" & (R-click on the "Real" file and delete the file). Then reinstall a fresh RP.

Reply 34#34 philryk's post

YIPEE!   I'm delighted to hear it.  Happy viewing!

Reply 48#48 shinny's post

The message I received said she had tried using tried safari 4 & firefox 3.6.4.

Reply 47#47 potterdog's post

Can you downgrade to RP11?  If the suggestions Shinny provided didn't help, try that - LBJ, our admin sent me a PM with that suggestion for you.

Please let us know how it goes.

Reply 52#52 myluckyrabbitfo's post

This thread is over 2 years old.  Were you, by chance, ticking the box that said "save copy to inbox" when sending PMs to lbjedward?  That box is now gone, but any messages sent with that box ticked, were not sent at all, except to yourself.  LBJ DOES indeed reimburse lost points.  Many of our members are Mac users and don't have a problem.  Are you using the Flash site now?  Most find that it is easier to load shows with it.  You might also want to check out our Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread, as it has tips for both PC & MAC users.  

If you weren't getting a response from admin, you should have posted or PMd one of the moderators so we could have helped you.  I know Flash isn't ideal for everyone, but it is supported by more devices and less prone to cause compatibility issues than RP was whenever it updated.  I suppose we can't please everyone.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 7-16-2012 23:57 ]

Thread