Board logo

Subject: Q&A: Questions & Answers (Ask Here) [Print This Page]

Author: janenjab    Time: 6-25-2007 06:48     Subject: Q&A: Questions & Answers (Ask Here)

If you have general questions to ask about the forum or something on one of the sites please feel free to make your inquiry here. This is to avoid having numerous posts for general questions. Thank you for your cooperation.
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2007 07:04     Subject: ok

Are you planning to make Movies available on vip site in the future or will it just be only tv shows?
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 6-25-2007 09:04

I have asked that question myself, I believe that the answer at least for now, is that this site is dedicated to the idea of TV Shows. I don't think they are ruling out the idea of movies one day, but as for now, just TV.
Author: trulee    Time: 6-25-2007 12:08

On the tv-video.net site, I have noticed that not all of the shows as seen on VIP channel are available to view. Is there a menu or list with all the shows?
Author: 01torres    Time: 6-25-2007 12:56

As no one seems to have answered me in the battlestar galactica fourm I will ask here will you put the mini series up on the vip website.
Author: trulee    Time: 6-25-2007 13:02     Subject: Reply #5 01torres's post

Only admin know when a show will be "bumped" onto the VIP channel. Try sending a pm to them to find out.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-25-2007 13:11     Subject: Reply #5 01torres's post

I don't believe that the admins are aware of the mini series I think they are just focused on the tv show series, so I don't think the have it planned to add. You might want to suggest it in the show suggestion forum.
Author: 01torres    Time: 6-25-2007 13:29     Subject: Reply to #7

i just did thanks for reminding me Reply to #6 What are you talking about?
Author: trulee    Time: 6-25-2007 16:08     Subject: Reply #8 01torres's post

My mistake, I had thought you were referring to the show which I see is already on the VIP site. I was not aware that there was a mini series. Once again my apologies.
Author: lbjedward    Time: 6-25-2007 17:44

Thank you jane. This thread is very helpful. We have no plan to add movies into this site. But we could add mini series into this site if considerable members asked for that. And newly added shows will be served in VIP channel as free shows initially to give members a chance to confirm whether these shows are enough interesting and worthy to be viewed with VIP points in the future. If some of them were moved to VIP shows zone, their low-definition version would emerge in TV-video.net.
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2007 23:50

is stone only person who issue me vip card?
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2007 01:50     Subject: this is getting annoying

The server at www.friendvista.com is taking too long to respond.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2007 07:31     Subject: how long

has this forum been active?
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-26-2007 08:20     Subject: Reply bala's posts

Is stone only person who issue me vip card? An admin at the site can also issue you a VIP Card but Stone should be your first line of request and should be given some time to respond. Everyone working here are volunteers from all over the world and so they may not be readily available at all times. Just give Stone some time and if you do feel you've waited long enough you can also try posting in the VIP Card board to get a card however please note on there that you had sent a message to Stone requesting one. The server at www.friendvista.com is taking too long to respond. If you are experiencing slow service at this site please be patient and give it some time and try again later. How long has this forum been active? Since January of this year.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2007 08:22

thank you
Author: gymcoach    Time: 6-26-2007 13:40

On the free shows on VIP, the points come up as two to view. Is this a default setting which will deduct if I watch, for example, Dr Who; or are they actually free??
Author: trulee    Time: 6-26-2007 13:44     Subject: Reply #16 gymcoach's post

Free shows do not cost any points to view. They will not be deducted if you watch them. Points will only be deducted if they come off the free to view list.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-26-2007 13:46     Subject: Reply #16 gymcoach's post

They list 2 points but it's just a default value for the field. As trulee stated free shows do not require any VIP points and none will be deducted. You don't even have to be logged in to view them.
Author: bala    Time: 6-27-2007 11:20

ok jane as you requested it's says on vip channel ugly betty coming soon? any dates yet?
Author: magic4u    Time: 6-27-2007 11:25     Subject: Reply #19 bala's post

@1453 on the 33rd of july i belive
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-27-2007 11:27     Subject: Reply #19 bala's post

I'll quote a post from the site admin:
Quote:
Originally posted by lbjedward at 6-19-2007 07:27 AM About Ugly Betty Hi all, Many friends are concerned about whether we will add Ugly Betty into our site. Here I say yes to that question. Ugly Betty has been put into our schedule to target your expectation. But it’s hard to elaborate a timetable for this shows. We can confirm that it will be nestled in our site in the near future. What’s more, there are more than 30 shows that keep updating constantly in our site, please check them out, I confirm that you will dig out one show and more that can fascinate you.
I believe it will be in the next set of new shows to be added. When that will be there is not set date as you can see by the admin's post. Patients is a virtue and that is what we ask of you in these cases.
Author: bala    Time: 6-27-2007 11:28

33rd july
Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2007 01:37

do you delete any threads-this place 10 pages of threads-when do you perform clean-up redundant threads?
Author: only1    Time: 6-28-2007 02:31

is the only way to get VIP card is by donating?
Author: lbjedward    Time: 6-28-2007 02:41     Subject: Reply #24 only1's post

No. Please refer to this thread http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... =826&extra=page%3D1 or VIP Channel FAQ for more information.
Author: 01torres    Time: 6-28-2007 06:37

As we are getting a lot of different boards could we have have one dedicated to Quizs this would give people more time to enter the competitions because they would be all in one location it would also reduced the amount of threads on the vip board which is used for announcing when new competition is available to enter.
Author: emberella    Time: 6-28-2007 10:19

why can i only get one of the preset pictures as my avtar? my pic is driving me crazy
Author: gabsimom    Time: 6-28-2007 10:44     Subject: Reply #27 emberella's post

In edit profile, Go to Avatar board and choose no Avatar. then you should have the option to browse. When you browse you can choose a pic. from your own files. Hope this helps..
Author: lgossett    Time: 6-30-2007 07:05     Subject: why?

why can't i watch greys?
Author: bala    Time: 6-30-2007 07:21

because it's on vip channel you need vip card
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 6-30-2007 07:23     Subject: Reply #1 lgossett's post

Grey's Anatomy is a VIP show. You'll need points to watch that show. Each episode is 2 points. You can gain points by either donating or being active on this forum and contribute to the forum so the moderaters will reward you with points. However, you can still watch Grey's for free on the original tv-video.net site.
Author: bala    Time: 7-1-2007 04:18     Subject: unlimited points

sorry another question-yes i've a lot questions is there anyway a member can get unlimited amount of points by donating? how much? $100,000 , $250,000, $500,000
Author: magic4u    Time: 7-1-2007 05:16     Subject: Reply #29 bala's post

lets say you are 20 and live till 4score and ten and you watch 3 shows a day as your busy ? now how much is that exactaly???? what did you just finish?
Author: bala    Time: 7-1-2007 05:43

i don't understand what you said ?
Author: magic4u    Time: 7-1-2007 06:20     Subject: Reply #31 bala's post

i said if you live till your 70 and start at 20 and watch 3 shows a day how much does that work out too?
Author: 01torres    Time: 7-1-2007 06:26

A score=20 so 4 score=80 plus ten =90 you are 20 so =70 x365 (Number of days in a year) x 3 ( numbers of shows a day)= 76,650 (Number of points needed) /2000 (Highest Number points you can get by one dontation) x 100 (cost for 2000 points)= $3,400 (Money need to watch 3 shows a day for 70 years) and number of shows watched will be 38,325 (This figure was worked out assuming that all the shows were over 30 minutes long)
Author: bala    Time: 7-1-2007 07:03

$3,400 ok, thank you 01torres
Author: 01torres    Time: 7-1-2007 07:22     Subject: This Question is mainly for admin's

With the new RealPlayer being released (RealPlayer 11 Beta) will your profit's be affected by it's downloading abilities and what actions will you be taking to counter this?
Author: lbjedward    Time: 7-2-2007 04:07     Subject: Reply #35 01torres's post

Thanks, 01torres. I am testing compatibility of new version's RealPlayer with our site. It will be available in our site soon.
Author: 01torres    Time: 7-2-2007 04:41     Subject: Reply to #36 lbjedward's Post

I have tried out the new RealPlayer and it work fine but my question was that people only need to watch an episode once and the episode can now be saved to the hard drive. This feature does work with your site (I have tested it with Big Love Season 1 episode 4-12) and video files are playable this mean's that you do not need to go onto your site again once they have download the new episodes and would only have to pay for episode once. All I was saying was how are you going to combat this? Ps I am sorry that I did not make my question clear enough the first time
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-3-2007 14:47

Hi
Author: magic4u    Time: 7-3-2007 14:47     Subject: Reply #38 dognxtdoor's post

low hahaha
Author: cmmlover14    Time: 7-5-2007 16:35

wait... i laso have a question... how do you know how many points you have?.. and also is it ok to not have a vip card but have enough points?
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-5-2007 16:55     Subject: Reply #4 cmmlover14's post

I am not sure I understand your question. A vip Card is what has your points, you can earn points here in the forum, that can be converted to vip points for the vip website. Please re-word your question, I think I am tired because it didn't make much sense to me. You know how many vip points you have when you log into the VIP site, it tells you the total.
Author: silver1978    Time: 7-5-2007 17:00

A VIP card is kind of like a pre-paid mobile phone. You put in a certain amount of money and get a certain amount of available minutes (or in this case a certain amount of points). Each VIP show will then deduct points from your balance. When you get to 0 points, you would then have to donate again for a new card with new vip points on it.
Author: allstar5    Time: 7-5-2007 17:52     Subject: why only one?

why do you only announce one new show instead of announcing all 5?
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-5-2007 19:14     Subject: Reply #46 allstar5's post

New shows to be added are announced see here for the upcoming new shows: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 1177&extra=page%3D1 The show that u see as coming soon on the VIP site is just an attraction show and is usually a popular request show to let people now it is coming to the site. As you can see from the thread I linked above the shows are indeed announced.
Author: allstar5    Time: 7-6-2007 08:23     Subject: unupdated

why has the season finali of hidden palms not been uptated
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2007 08:37     Subject: hello

Allstar5- the reason it has not been updated was that they was delay on internet with the episode, we don't know how long the delay would be but i'm sure it will be updated soon. i've already seen the episode via download so i can tell you it's worth the wait.
Author: roca    Time: 7-6-2007 08:39     Subject: Reply #1 allstar5's post

Patience my friend! It just aired less than 40 hours ago (ET). It should be up soon.
Author: randomguy    Time: 7-6-2007 16:56     Subject: donating directly from the basic, non embedded paypal site

I want to go donate by going to www.paypal.com, rather than linking to Paypal through through the "Donation" tab. How do I handle this? Thanks, Random Guy
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-6-2007 17:06     Subject: Reply #1 randomguy's post

When you click the "Make a Donation" button it will take to you the Paypal you can verify this by the url. The reason for what you see on the VIP Channel is because this site has pre selected donation amounts that are multiples of 10. Paypal it self is not embedded but rather just the option to select an amount is. I assure you selecting a payment amount and then click Make a Donation will take you to the secure Paypal site. Here is a direct link to the 10 dollar donation. Which will be the same as if you click the 10 dollar amount on the VIP site and then click Make a Donation. https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-b ... b7d0a115a00bdfb878c
Author: Myaers    Time: 7-6-2007 20:51     Subject: Moderators

How do you become a moderator? (this is not a subtle plea btw lol...i just really wanted to know)
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2007 23:13     Subject: ok

First of all it ain't easy, at the present moment you are newbie so it's unlikely you will become mod until you reach normal member status like i did few days ago, you will reach normal member status you need to get 50 credits awarded to you. After you reach normal member status PM the adminstor of this place and ask them whether mod show you are interested in. Best of luck
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-6-2007 23:14

"Allstar5- the reason it has not been updated was that they was delay on internet with the episode, we don't know how long the delay would be but i'm sure it will be updated soon." Wow Bala where did you get this information? Internet delay?? what is that, when did it happen, and who informed you of it? Please if you don't know what your talking about, don't make it up. As a moderator people trust what your saying. So please inform me what and where you got this information. As I was not made aware of it.
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2007 23:23     Subject: dan

hi dan The reason you weren't aware of this is because you are not downloader like me-the episode was suppose to be avaliable on the internet on thursday but it wasn't no explanation was given. i'm not sure when you recieved this episode but i'm guessing if they is delay on internet they will delay on here as well?. am i mistaken?
Author: roca    Time: 7-6-2007 23:24     Subject: Reply #1 Myaers's post

You've been only with us for a few days. Get yourself familiarized with our sites first. After that you can start by making helpful posts to others in need. Direct them to the right place to get help. You probably should make a few more posts but mind you not by playing games or participating in contest. You can post any suggestions that haven't been mentioned before on how we can improve our sites or anything that we consider quality, genuine posts. Try not to repeat threads. Try to respond in the corresponding thread instead of starting a new one. And above all, stick to the forum rules. Once we feel that you've achieved all that I'm sure our site admins would check with you too see if you are interested in helping out with our site.
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2007 23:33

thank you for showing me up
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-6-2007 23:34

How about this then....instead of you assuming the response...in the future find out your facts...its that simple. Ask, if you don't know, but please don't just assume your the end all of where these shows come from. Fine you download shows good for you. But until you start downloading shows for this site, don't assume you know what the delay is. Frankly LBJedward is the only one that should post a specific answer such as yours.
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-6-2007 23:38

Bala you should write a book, how to go from banned from every forum i join to moderator in 2 weeks. I mean you sure made it look easy....its amazing you said it wasn't. Most of us had to prove ourselves...but then again you did earn 50 points...how many quizzes was that exactly?
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2007 23:42

2 quizes rest i got for participating banned from every forum i join to moderator in 2 weeks
Author: Kat.Winchester    Time: 7-7-2007 13:20     Subject: supernatural episodes

aaaa i just signed up for this thingy so i can watch the supernatural episodes. does anyone know how i can sign in on vip tv to watch it. PLEASE HELP IM DESPERATE.
Author: xxkinksxx    Time: 7-7-2007 13:29     Subject: Reply #1 Kat.Winchester's post

the details which u have used to get onto the forum are your login details for the site, so use them. As Supernatural is a VIP Show you will need to make a donation to watch them on the vip tv site. Otherwise you can use the www.tv-video.net. You can make a donation via paypal. There are links direct from the homepage for vip.tv-video and you just fill in the details, and then you will recieve an email with codes on it which u enter in the box where u login on the homepage, there is a little bit under the username which has logout, message and vip card, click on the vip card and follw the instructons to put in the codes from your email. It can take up to 24 hours for the codes to come through but they can be quick... Hope that helps you
Author: trulee    Time: 7-7-2007 13:34     Subject: Reply #1 Kat.Winchester's post

To view thre Vip shows such as Supernatural you need a VIP card. Please see the link below http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 26&extra=page%3D1w.
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-7-2007 13:35     Subject: Reply #1 Kat.Winchester's post

Adding to xxkinksxx's post you can also become a VIP Member by being active on the forum. To find you more about VIP Membership please see the following thread: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... =826&extra=page%3D1 VIP Membership (Donations, Points, & More) Welcome to the forum!
Author: xxkinksxx    Time: 7-7-2007 13:38     Subject: Reply #4 janenjab's post

oh yes i completely forgot to mention that! hehe silly me!
Author: mongalito    Time: 7-9-2007 00:19     Subject: points

how do you get so many points
Author: mongalito    Time: 7-9-2007 00:46     Subject: Volunteer

I heard that you could volunteer to work here and and I was wondering if I could work here at friendvista and I am trying to help as many people as I can with friendvista and I will participate in all the Friendvista forums if I can
Author: bala    Time: 7-9-2007 01:18     Subject: Reply #68 mongalito's post

your still a newbie give it a few weeks first
Author: roca    Time: 7-9-2007 05:29     Subject: Reply #68 mongalito's post

Thanks for your interest! You've been with us for quite some time yet you've only made a few posts. You should come back more often, get yourself familiarized with the site, share with us your opinions on your favorite TV shows, help others out on the site and make a few more quality posts! All I'm saying is participation is key. Once the admins feel that you have contributed more than enough, I'm sure they will check with you if you still want to help out on this site.
Author: bala    Time: 7-9-2007 11:47     Subject: will shows be taken

once shows have put on your website would it ever be taken down?. eg every week you add 5 new shows to your server and let assume a year has passed so 5 shows Times 53 weeks 265 shows. how will your servers cope with that many shows-surely older show will have to be taken down reduce amount traffic you get otherwise the whole site will be very slow?. have you test each server maximum capacity to see how many shows it can support?
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-9-2007 13:26     Subject: Reply #71 bala's post

The site is still fairly new. Shows haven't always been added each week, though if you've joined recently it may seem that way. As the members grow so does the site and it's capacity and capability. There are constant improvements and milestones and I believe when the time comes to address such issues we will be informed. At present I don't believe there are any plans yet to take down shows or for that matter to keep adding 5 or so shows every week. I'm sure that the administrators and people that keep this site running have a full knowledge of how many shows they can host on the servers and also a plan for further expansion if all things will it. Personally I think a few shows might have become obsolete and if they do decided to take down shows to make room for more that these obsolete shows would probably be the ones to go first. For instance shows that have been canceled and or haven't made it past the first couple of seasons or episodes eg: 3lbs. But that's just my opinion.
Author: bala    Time: 7-9-2007 23:00

For instance shows that have been canceled and or haven't made it past the first couple of seasons or episodes eg: 3lbs. But that's just my opinion that makes sense
Author: allstar5    Time: 7-10-2007 10:30

how much money does it cost for you guys to upload a series?
Author: mongalito    Time: 7-10-2007 11:08

I think it depends on which show plus you have to donate just like vip tv-video
Author: gymcoach    Time: 7-11-2007 14:30

What is a 'digest' post? I have noticed it on some people's sidebar but having looked it up in FAQ to save asking what may be deemed a daft question & being unable to find the answer, I'm afraid I had to do it and ask!
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-11-2007 14:34     Subject: Reply #76 gymcoach's post

A digest post is awarded by mods when a poster has started an excellent thread discussion that has generated a good number of posts and or is deemed very helpful. You are automatically awarded 10 points if your thread goes to digest. I hope this answers your question.
Author: gymcoach    Time: 7-11-2007 21:38     Subject: Reply #77 janenjab's post

Indeed it does Jane - many thanks
Author: caffedup93    Time: 7-15-2007 16:43

how long does it take for a standard video to load???
Author: caffedup93    Time: 7-15-2007 16:44

how do you get credits? (i just started here)
Author: trulee    Time: 7-15-2007 16:54     Subject: Reply #79 caffedup93's post

It depends on a multitude of things, which site you are using to view ie www.tv-video.net, www.vip.tv-video.net, which server you are using your location in relation to the server you are using even the time of day you are using it. Varying some or all of these things can affect the loading of the show you wish to view. The link below may be of some assistnce to you. Suggestions That May Help Your Viewing Experience http://www.friendvista.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=799&extra=page%3D1
Author: trulee    Time: 7-15-2007 16:56     Subject: Reply #80 caffedup93's post

Try clicking on this link, it should tell you all you need to know. http://www.friendvista.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=826&extra=page%3D1
Author: tiarome73    Time: 7-17-2007 04:17

I've noticed all the threads on the gameboard are closed, how often is a new game started?
Author: roca    Time: 7-17-2007 04:27     Subject: Reply #83 tiarome73's post

All previous games has been closed because (since this is a more of a TV show forum) we want to provide more games related to TV shows and the forum. As to how often a new "game" starts, I can't give you a definite answer to that. But what I can tell you is we are working on and putting together our very first overall TV trivia contest. So look out for it!
Author: tiarome73    Time: 7-17-2007 04:52

I have a question about the 30 clicks in 24hrs. If you click on one episode on the US server and it has trouble loading so then you click on the same episode on the Europe Server, is that an extra 2 points, or is it covered by the 30 clicks? I have a feeling that its the 2nd option but i just wanted to be sure. Also i'm already excited for the TV trivia contest!
Author: roca    Time: 7-17-2007 05:09     Subject: Reply #85 tiarome73's post

It is covered by the 30 clicks limit. So try the other server if one of them is not working for you.
Author: sa7    Time: 7-19-2007 15:53

Just wondering, what time in GMT would be the best to watch videos online on tv-video?
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-19-2007 16:10     Subject: Reply #87 sa7's post

I believe I've heard a few mention early morning. I'm not sure myself tho.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 7-19-2007 17:43     Subject: janenjab

Where can I find the forums for each show?? Is there any?? Thank you so much you've a;ready helped me so much today!! Peace, Gypsie
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-19-2007 17:49     Subject: Reply #89 gypsiegirl66's post

On the main forum page http://www.friendvista.com/forum/index.php you will see linked categories such as drama, action adventure, comedy, sci-fi, and animation. When you click one of the categories it will take you to a page that list all the shows we have for that specific category from there you can click a show's name and it will take you to the forum board for that specific show. Here are some quick links: Drama Action Adventure Comedy Sci-Fi Animation We look forward to seeing your participation in the forums !
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 7-19-2007 18:22     Subject: Reply #90 janenjab's post

Great thanks janenjab!! You've been great!!
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-19-2007 18:24     Subject: Reply #91 gypsiegirl66's post

You're quite welcomed!
Author: charring    Time: 7-20-2007 02:03

how can i edit my profile??
Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2007 02:20     Subject: Reply #93 charring's post

click on member's CP link on the top of this site and than on the left click edit profile
Author: turiel    Time: 7-21-2007 21:15

Brand new to the site, so hopefully I'm not asking a question for the 100th time (I did look around for FAQs etc). Is there a private server for VIP members? I ask because I've heard good things about the VIP section of the site and am thinking about buying some points, but quite frankly its unusable for me as is - any pages takes at least 5 minutes to load, or times out altogether. I'm sure there are busy and non-busy times for the service but its 6am on a sunday morning, things don't get any quieter than this . So anyway, is there a different server the VIP members can use?
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-21-2007 22:22     Subject: Reply #95 turiel's post

You can check out the server quality as well as video viewing quality on the VIP site http://vip.tv-video.net/ by viewing one of the Free Shows we offer there. By doing this you'll be able to tell in your own opinion if donating will be worthwhile to you. Just use the above link to go to the VIP channel then click on the Free Shows tab select a show then a season and any episode you'd like to view. You can try either or both servers in the US and Europe without being a VIP Member. Welcome to the site and we look forward to seeing you around the forum
Author: turiel    Time: 7-21-2007 23:01     Subject: Reply #96 janenjab's post

Thanks for your quick reply. However, I think there was a misunderstanding - I don't mean the server that the video files themselves are hosted on, but the 'index' server - i.e. the vip.tv-video.net website itself. As mentioned, its unusable for me, at least at the moment. Even if the video host servers are really fast its no use if I can't get to them
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-21-2007 23:15     Subject: Reply #97 turiel's post

Well now you've over stepped my boundaries as I myself do not have access to the index server. But I am wondering how it is that the VIP site is unusable to you as you say for the moment at least?
Author: turiel    Time: 7-21-2007 23:23     Subject: Reply #98 janenjab's post

It actually seems to be okay now, still slow, but usable. In the last few hours pages wouldn't load or would take 5 minutes+ to do so. I've bought some points now so I'll give it a go once my VIP card is issued. Again, thanks for your replies.
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-21-2007 23:28     Subject: Reply #99 turiel's post

Ah I'm glad it's working to some degree for you. You can try some free shows now that it's usable until you get your VIP Card. I hope you enjoy it and Happy Viewing!

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0